DC Area Head-Fi Meet - Sunday, October 16, 2016
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 6, 2016 at 10:22 PM Post #77 of 197
Yeah, I have one from ViewHD that I play around with. Are you using one? For which 4 DACs?

More curious the feasibility of something. Does it work without causing undue side effects? Was looking at this:

http://www.monoprice.com/Product?p_id=13343

With that box at my disposal, I could always travel with m9xx, Modi 2 Uber or Modi Multibit, and Mojo. There are three complete audio systems (once you add one of the amplifiers on top of one of the Modi). Only curios if anyone has tried something similar, and how good/bad it was. Because I'd want to run my setup for the day out of the fourth output.

Sep 7, 2016 at 12:21 AM Post #78 of 197
More curious the feasibility of something. Does it work without causing undue side effects? Was looking at this:

With that box at my disposal, I could always travel with m9xx, Modi 2 Uber or Modi Multibit, and Mojo. There are three complete audio systems (once you add one of the amplifiers on top of one of the Modi). Only curios if anyone has tried something similar, and how good/bad it was. Because I'd want to run my setup for the day out of the fourth output.

Run 4 cables from the splitter to 4 more splitters, for 16 systems. Then have a whole headphone meet from only one source!

Sep 7, 2016 at 4:00 AM Post #80 of 197

I haven't noticed any side effects. It works very well.

Sep 7, 2016 at 10:13 AM Post #81 of 197
Seem then, I should get it just so we can have a battle of the Toslink splitters!

Sep 7, 2016 at 12:38 PM Post #83 of 197
  Off topic, but anyone have a balanced Audeze cable they would be willing to part with or at least let me borrow for a bit?

I assume you're not talking about your EL-8?

Sep 7, 2016 at 1:34 PM Post #85 of 197

I can terminate your cable with an xlr if you like.

I may take you up on that.  I just purchased a LCD2F-Aluminum off the fs/ft forum for fun.  The chopped his stock cable short but never reterminated it, and is including a venus audio cable terminated in 3.5mm thats not very useful for me. If you could terminate the chopped off cable with the neutrik connector he is including, that would be great, though I have no use for a 4ft, xlr terminated cable, I have no idea what that guy was thinking.

Sep 7, 2016 at 5:36 PM Post #86 of 197
I'm planning on being there and can certainly loan out the one I built up from Canare cable.
Off topic, but anyone have a balanced Audeze cable they would be willing to part with or at least let me borrow for a bit?

Sep 7, 2016 at 11:52 PM Post #87 of 197
I may take you up on that.  I just purchased a LCD2F-Aluminum off the fs/ft forum for fun.  The chopped his stock cable short but never reterminated it, and is including a venus audio cable terminated in 3.5mm thats not very useful for me. If you could terminate the chopped off cable with the neutrik connector he is including, that would be great, though I have no use for a 4ft, xlr terminated cable, I have no idea what that guy was thinking.

No problem -- just get the cable to me--and I'll reterminate with the neutrik xlr.

Sep 8, 2016 at 2:43 PM Post #89 of 197
  Does anyone have an Audeze Sine with the cypher cable?   Would like to hear it plugged into the iPhone lightning port.

That cable is still elusive to me. I'd love to hear the same!

Sep 9, 2016 at 12:47 PM Post #90 of 197
  Does anyone have an Audeze Sine with the cypher cable?   Would like to hear it plugged into the iPhone lightning port.

That cable is still elusive to me. I'd love to hear the same!

I'm currently borrowing a pair that has both cables that I could bring if the lendee doesn't call them back before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back