Not open for further replies.
Oct 2, 2016 at 7:55 PM Post #106 of 197
Not sure if I can make it but if I can I'll have

Melco na1
Yggy
Eddie Current BA 45-2a3
Audeze LCD-x

Maybes are my single power mxp3 toaster and audio technica w3k

Hope you can make it. I've missed the NY meets, and would certainly like to hear some different equipment like the ECBA.

Oct 2, 2016 at 8:11 PM Post #107 of 197
I plan on coming. I'll bring the following items:

Headphones
Audeze LCD-X
Focal Utopia
Oppo PM-1
Hifiman HE350

Amps/DACs
Woo Audio WA7 Fireflies
Oppo HA-1
Cavalli Liquid Gold

I'll have a laptop with my collection of FLAC files.

I do not plan on bringing other gear, unless someone has an interest in something. Let me know if you'd like for me to bring any of the following:

Headphones
Hfiman HE400i (if someone wants to compare it to the recently released HE350)
HD800
HD650
Alpha Prime
K7XX
DT 770
T1
MDR XB1000
ATH W1000x
ATH M50x
Beats Pro

Portable Gear
Oppo HA-2
Sony PHA-3
Sound Blaster E5
Beyerdynamic A200p
Fiio E11K Kilimanjaro 2
CEntrance Skyn
Shure SE846

See you soon.

Oct 3, 2016 at 7:57 AM Post #110 of 197
The Cipher works with the standard EL-8. What I don't know though is if the Cipher with the Sine is the same as the one with the EL-8. Also, how do you tune it? Is there an iOS application? Or does the Sine come with one tuning and the EL-8 come with another? And what are you trying to tune - I rather like the sound of the EL-8 with its latest built-in tuning. If the Sine cable is a static electronic tuning, that would be really bad considering how different each generation of EL-8 sounds.

Oct 3, 2016 at 8:22 AM Post #111 of 197
The Cipher works with the standard EL-8. What I don't know though is if the Cipher with the Sine is the same as the one with the EL-8. Also, how do you tune it? Is there an iOS application? Or does the Sine come with one tuning and the EL-8 come with another? And what are you trying to tune - I rather like the sound of the EL-8 with its latest built-in tuning. If the Sine cable is a static electronic tuning, that would be really bad considering how different each generation of EL-8 sounds.

I don't know about tuning, but when I auditioned the Titanium with an iPhone, I downloaded the Audeze app to use either the Cipher. The app came with a 10-band EQ and an ability to update the Cipher's firmware. Maybe a firmware update can change the tuning?

Oct 3, 2016 at 11:46 AM Post #112 of 197
I am assuming that the Cipher cable is the same between the el8 Ti and the Sine; it wouldn't make much sense to do two different DAC/amp/DSP cables and name them the same.
Y'all are welcome to use my Cipher into your EL-8's, and I feel sure they would work. There will be some kludgery involved, mechanically, since the terminations at the earcups are different between EL-8 and Sine.
The Audeze iOS app, as Timelord noted, is a 10 band equalizer, and you can set your own 2 curves (and adjust them on the fly too). I keep one flat, and one customized, so I can instantly compare the sound with one tap on the screen.

Oct 4, 2016 at 6:57 AM Post #113 of 197
One more thing. I hope @yage will come prepared to answer questions regarding IEC power cables. I'll just say it's been a goal of mine to standardize my collection, and I may have created another disciple along my way...

Oct 4, 2016 at 11:50 AM Post #115 of 197
  One more thing. I hope @yage will come prepared to answer questions regarding IEC power cables. I'll just say it's been a goal of mine to standardize my collection, and I may have created another disciple along my way...

I am said disciple. Haha

So far this power cord business has been tricky. Any words of wisdom are welcome.

What C rating of the IEC standard do you guys think is optimal? C21? or is something like C15/16 enough?

Oct 4, 2016 at 1:20 PM Post #116 of 197
  One more thing. I hope @yage will come prepared to answer questions regarding IEC power cables.

Here's yage's power cord tip #1:

The pointy end goes into the socket.

So endeth the tip.
biggrin.gif

Oct 4, 2016 at 2:22 PM Post #117 of 197
What C rating of the IEC standard do you guys think is optimal? C21? or is something like C15/16 enough?

I have been looking at C15, because 15 amps appears to be the standard for devices in his class. The super expensive cables also limit it at 15 amps. What I haven't been able to work out is why they terminate with 15 amp connectors for both the IEC and the NEMA ends, but then turn around and use 10 AWG cable which is capable of carrying 30 amps.

If anyone knows, I'm all ears. I am going to contact my amp manufacturer and ask what their specifications are and what they recommend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back