DC Area Head-Fi Meet - Saturday, November 1, 2014
Oct 12, 2014 at 8:19 PM Post #107 of 190
I liked the SR-007s that were at the last meet.....liked the sound signature a lot.
DO IT!  I've been keeping track of progress over at the other place, and it looks killer.  Problem is then you'll have to get some Stax Omegas...which isn't really a problem is it?

Oct 12, 2014 at 8:20 PM Post #108 of 190
Oct 12, 2014 at 8:27 PM Post #109 of 190
I liked the SR-007s that were at the last meet.....liked the sound signature a lot.

I've been on the lookout for a nice pair of used 507's, but it seems like everyone that owns a pair doesn't want to part with them. well, that and electrostat amps are...expensive. getting to demo a pair or two before jumping into the market would be awesome.

Oct 12, 2014 at 8:30 PM Post #110 of 190

I've been on the lookout for a nice pair of used 507's, but it seems like everyone that owns a pair doesn't want to part with them. well, that and electrostat amps are...expensive. getting to demo a pair or two before jumping into the market would be awesome.

HiFiMAN is working on the Jade 2 right now, so there is also that to look forward to!

Oct 12, 2014 at 8:42 PM Post #111 of 190

That's why I was wondering if anyone was bringing any.  I'm interested in the SR-207 with either the SRM-252 or SRM323 as I've read good things about the current generation of entry level Stax, but I'd like to get a feel for them first. 

I loved the SR009 withe the BHSE at CAF, but unfortunately I don't quite have the budget for that.

Oct 12, 2014 at 8:52 PM Post #112 of 190

That's why I was wondering if anyone was bringing any.  I'm interested in the SR-207 with either the SRM-252 or SRM323 as I've read good things about the current generation of entry level Stax, but I'd like to get a feel for them first. 

I loved the SR009 withe the BHSE at CAF, but unfortunately I don't quite have the budget for that.

good timing! The HeadAmp gear is on its way from the Rocky Mountain Audio Fest to the San Diego head-fi meet...which is also on November 1, where Peter will be representing HeadAmp again.

I plan to attending the D.C. meet myself as it is just a 2 hour drive, but i will need to put together a backup set of gear. Would rather not unwrap a brand new pair of SR-009, but i do have an open box pair of SR-507 and also a SR-404 Limited Edition

HeadAmp Stay updated on HeadAmp at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/HeadAmp https://twitter.com/HeadAmp https://www.instagram.com/headamp/ https://www.headamp.com/ sales@headamp.com
Oct 12, 2014 at 8:57 PM Post #113 of 190

good timing! The HeadAmp gear is on its way from the Rocky Mountain Audio Fest to the San Diego head-fi meet...which is also on November 1, where Peter will be representing HeadAmp again.

I plan to attending the D.C. meet myself as it is just a 2 hour drive, but i will need to put together a backup set of gear. Would rather not unwrap a brand new pair of SR-009, but i do have an open box pair of SR-507 and also a SR-404 Limited Edition

darthsmile.gif

Oct 12, 2014 at 9:08 PM Post #115 of 190

Quote:
  also i might have an open box SRM-323S back here by then, if not i will only bring HeadAmp stat amps

Wow, good timing indeed. That'd be awesome.  Much appreciated!

Oct 13, 2014 at 6:02 PM Post #116 of 190
Yeah a t2 clone would be amazing. I think even a clone would be too pricey for me now though:frowning2:

Oct 14, 2014 at 1:11 PM Post #118 of 190
No notification yet, but I'm traveling, so I asked them to hold shipment, so the amp wouldn't arrive before I get home. It would be great if it gets delivered the day I return.

Ah, that would be a good idea, having an amp sitting on the proch in a cardboard box is never a good idea, expecially with the crap weather we've been having recently.

Oct 18, 2014 at 7:19 PM Post #120 of 190
Total audio noob here... This will be my first meet (hopefully, I should be able to make it). How does everything work? - Does it matter if I don't have anything particularly high-end? 

If I do make it, I'll be bringing (from my very limited selection/budget setup):
Beyerdynamic DT-880 600ohms Balanced (4-pin Male XLR termination)
LP-2020A+ Tripath Amp (used with DT-880s via 4-pin female XLR to speaker wire output)
TTPOD T1-E 
XiaoMi Pistons II 

and hopefully my 4-pin XLR to 1/4" interconnect will be here by then... 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back