DC-Area Head-Fi Meet - Saturday, February 27, 2016 -- Impressions Thread
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 30, 2016 at 7:55 PM Post #287 of 338
As of now, my calendar is looking good. I should be able to make it.

Cool!

It's more just some verbiage from the Library. They still have final say, yada yada yada, and if the room is under booked, they can put someone else in the room with us 
eek.gif

So as long as I think there'll be enough people, we're good 
biggrin.gif

Request for the room is still pending too...but I'm the only one in the queue!

Apr 30, 2016 at 9:54 PM Post #288 of 338
  Cool!

It's more just some verbiage from the Library. They still have final say, yada yada yada, and if the room is under booked, they can put someone else in the room with us 
eek.gif

So as long as I think there'll be enough people, we're good 
biggrin.gif

Request for the room is still pending too...but I'm the only one in the queue!

The last one was supposed to be small too, lets see how crowded it gets.

Apr 30, 2016 at 11:50 PM Post #291 of 338
However, I do not have anyplace for the next meet in Maryland. Virginia definitely has better options for meeting places. So I suggest we plan one somewhere in Va. How about next Saturday, from noon to 4pm? I just booked a room with a capacity of 9 - 30 people.

Let me know if you can go:

Saturday, May 7 at Westover Library
12:00pm - 4:00pm

1644 North McKinley Rd
Suite 3
Arlington, Virginia 22205

Thank you, @sheldaze. The meeting rooms in the libraries in Montgomery County, Maryland are $40/hr so Virginia it will be.

I hope and plan to be there. Don't know quite what I'll bring but I should have my Bifrost Multibit by then.

May 1, 2016 at 8:45 AM Post #294 of 338
  Won't be able to make this one - hope you guys have fun!

Sorry for the last minute scheduling. I ran into the same issue as @kendavis in that everything in Maryland wants significant money, including community centers. I was confused when speaking with my community center a couple of weeks ago (though I also found that I can use the fitness center rooms in any of the local community centers - first world joys).

Anyway, this library is closed on Sunday. And this was really the largest time slot available until late June or July 
frown.gif

Looks too like there is power already wired into every station, built right into the table. Perhaps no extension cables needed? I definitely want to try this place!

May 1, 2016 at 9:24 AM Post #295 of 338
Cool. I think I can be there; might just bring headphones.

If you can bring your Mac and USB cable, I've got something you might want to hear. This is particularly true coming off your recent experience with solid state.

May 1, 2016 at 9:00 PM Post #298 of 338
Can't make this one...I teach kayaking classes for Potomac Paddlesports on some weekends and I'm scheduled next Saturday for some flat water tours. You guys have fun!

May 1, 2016 at 10:40 PM Post #299 of 338
Damn, can't make it, I'm out of town house and puppy sitting all weekend. Have fun guys, I'll make it to one of these eventually...

May 2, 2016 at 11:16 AM Post #300 of 338
Again guys - sorry for the last-minute-ness of the meet.

I knew there was a hankering for a meet, and I'd been looking on the Maryland side to no avail. I know in particular, people were looking for hear some of your goodies @smitty1110. If you have suggestions or a meet plan, I'm sure people would still be willing to make the pre-Summer trek.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back