DC-Area Head-Fi Meet - Saturday, February 27, 2016 -- Impressions Thread
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 12, 2016 at 9:24 AM Post #331 of 338

Having a bit of an existential quandry. Maybe I should trade everything for a MicroZOTL2 and an HD800S? The Yggy has messed up my brain--things are going to sound weird/bad if I switch DACs and keep the LCD-X's. Maybe I can reset my brain by swapping everything out?

Barry, I just want to say how much I appreciate you bringing out your gear over the last couple of years. I've envied that Ygg/Rag/LCD-X system you have. It's a pleasure to be able to listen to gear one typically just reads about. But, I understand sometimes circumstances or personal tastes, lifestyle choices, etc. change.

Mark

May 12, 2016 at 9:27 AM Post #332 of 338
  Maybe Bill can get that room again, out in Chantilly?
Though we may need crowd control, in riot gear, if you bring even half your stuff 
biggrin.gif

I can only bring a fraction of the stuff I own, the things I have lined up already account for over 150 lbs.

Gaaak!  Beautiful, but no way can I swing $2700 at the moment. My daughter decided to stay at school over the summer to take an (unpaid) internship, so there goes $3000 in rent. I'm thinking of selling the Yggy/Rag for something smaller/lighter/cheaper.

She has learned the first lesson of getting a job (getting your foot in the door is important, but has failed the second lesson (never do anything for free). Luckily she still has some time to learn.

May 12, 2016 at 10:36 AM Post #333 of 338

Barry, I just want to say how much I appreciate you bringing out your gear over the last couple of years. I've envied that Ygg/Rag/LCD-X system you have. It's a pleasure to be able to listen to gear one typically just reads about. But, I understand sometimes circumstances or personal tastes, lifestyle choices, etc. change.

Mark

Thanks Mark!  Haven't made any final decisions on the gear yet.

I can only bring a fraction of the stuff I own, the things I have lined up already account for over 150 lbs.

She has learned the first lesson of getting a job (getting your foot in the door is important, but has failed the second lesson (never do anything for free). Luckily she still has some time to learn.

I think not paying interns is 100% wrong and is exploitation, but she didn't have a choice and it's critical for her ability to get a job when she graduates. But yes, it pisses me off every time I think about it.

May 12, 2016 at 2:04 PM Post #334 of 338
I think not paying interns is 100% wrong and is exploitation, but she didn't have a choice and it's critical for her ability to get a job when she graduates. But yes, it pisses me off every time I think about it.

If you don't mind my asking, what is your daughter studying?

EDIT: Just wanted to add that we have some paid (!) internship opportunities at the lab where I work and we're always looking for talented individuals.

May 13, 2016 at 5:39 PM Post #335 of 338

My brother was doing an internship in Pittsburgh for Chemical Engineering and it was payed+credits. He learned a lot but the credits were few so now he's catching up during the summer and will land a job in the same place he did the internship. 

It's just his 2nd year of college. He goes to Pitt.

I think it's ******** that they give the dirty work to interns and don't pay them anything. 

May 21, 2016 at 5:05 AM Post #337 of 338

My brother was doing an internship in Pittsburgh for Chemical Engineering and it was payed+credits. He learned a lot but the credits were few so now he's catching up during the summer and will land a job in the same place he did the internship. 

It's just his 2nd year of college. He goes to Pitt.

I think it's ******** that they give the dirty work to interns and don't pay them anything. 

Such a bad thing sorry to hear that...
But we all know fortune never come across a lazy person,keep moving he will get what he should be payed,gains after pain.

May 21, 2016 at 5:22 AM Post #338 of 338

Calm down first and i think maybe i can tell you a basic truth that nowadays EXPLOITATION exists everywhere (mostly in Aisa nations even though i am Asian but i have to confess it),but in the other hand its not right just because it has been lasting so long and most of people choose to bear without a sound.Laws become invisible sometimes hah,
We all angry about the INIQUITOUS things on this planet but it truly happened every single minute.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back