DC-Area Head-Fi Meet - Saturday, February 27, 2016 -- Impressions Thread
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 11, 2016 at 10:51 AM Post #197 of 338
Apr 11, 2016 at 11:03 AM Post #199 of 338

Is that the bass port mod?  I am looking forward to getting to spend a little time with stats on your setup.

Yeah, it's the bluetack bass port mod.

Apr 13, 2016 at 12:34 AM Post #200 of 338
  Yeah, another mini-meet would be awesome! (I would love to try more Fostex as well)

Didn't make it to this one since we were away on vacation, but next time I can show up I'll bring my T50RPs (Mk II) which I think I've gotten modded to a satisfactory state. Would definitely like to hear a newer Mk III version either with or without mods. It's not like I need to acquire another set, but there is a $50 rebate on them for the next few months.

Apr 13, 2016 at 10:20 AM Post #201 of 338
  Didn't make it to this one since we were away on vacation, but next time I can show up I'll bring my T50RPs (Mk II) which I think I've gotten modded to a satisfactory state. Would definitely like to hear a newer Mk III version either with or without mods. It's not like I need to acquire another set, but there is a $50 rebate on them for the next few months.

I only have the same as yours, but yet unmodified.
Would love to see and hear your mods, and learn a thing or two about how to start.

Apr 14, 2016 at 8:03 AM Post #202 of 338
I'm hoping I can make it to the next meet in the DC or Eastern VA / Hampton Roads areas (depends on timing). If so I can bring LCD-2s, ESP-950s, and DT880s, plus Geek Out v2, Yulong D8, and/or a Little Dot MKII.

I'm looking for a new amp for the LCD-2s. At this point I'm leaning toward a Bryston BHA-1 or Burson Soloist, but I'd really like to hear some of the options before buying to ensure that I get the upgrade / results that I'm looking for with these 'phones.

Does anyone have a Bryston BHA-1, Burson Soloist, Violectric V200 or V281, or Schiit Lyr or Mjolnir they could bring for listening?  (Schiit Ragnarok, Audio-gd Master 9, or Auralic Taurus would be great to hear too of course :), although possibly less exact / ideal matches for the LCD-2s)

Apr 15, 2016 at 1:36 AM Post #203 of 338
Today i received the Moon Neo 230 HAD (headphone amp and DAC) for a one week evaluation, through a "Todd the Vinyl Junkie" promotion.  I have put it into my junior varsity system, replacing a $270 Aune X1S DAC/amp - which I have been satisfied with.  But this $1500 Moon is sofa king better.  Especially for its resolving power - so easy to hear everything going on in a band/song.

Also, my Fostex TH-X00 has been very enjoyable, but I've wondered if it is really suited to any of the amps I have at home.  This Moon unit makes my Fostex jump up a whole class.  The bass is stronger and tighter - the flab is gone.  And the detail/resolution in the mids and treble is considerably better than I've heard before through the TH-X00.  The output impedance on the Moon is just over 1 Ohm, so that may be the secret.

@sheldaze, I think you're signed up for it too.  Don't know yet if you are next, but it would make geographic sense.

Apr 15, 2016 at 1:51 PM Post #205 of 338
@Billheiser - is the Simaudio 230 HAD in your future? I guess we'll find out at the next meet...
beyersmile.png

Apr 15, 2016 at 5:36 PM Post #209 of 338
  In other news, my Schiit has sold and an Audio-GD NFB-27H is on the way. Looking forward to bringing that to the next big (or small) meet.

Whoa!
You could kill a small animal with that remote - even maim a midsize one 
eek.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back