DC-Area Head-Fi Meet - Saturday, February 27, 2016 -- Impressions Thread
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 5, 2016 at 1:28 PM Post #166 of 338
I really wished I could have made it to the meet.
But all these great impressions are really making me feel like I was actually there!

Btw, I will certainly not mind another meet before CAF.

Apr 6, 2016 at 10:54 AM Post #167 of 338
  Couldn't make it because I got sick this weekend--pretty sure no one wants a germy guy at a small head-fi meet. Thanks to everyone for posting your impressions.I missed the LCD-4? Damn!  Can't say I'm surprised by the group's reaction, but Audeze phones can be picky with amp pairings. LCD-2 bass can sound bloomy on some amps--wonder if that was the case withe LCD-4? The LCD-3 needs an amp that thins out the mids and drives the treble a bit. Otherwise, it can sound almost syrupy.

In other news, I finally put my Gungnir up for sale, and it was snapped up right away. Trying not to look at the nice Stratus in the classifieds.

Sold - so did you get it 
bigsmile_face.gif

Apr 6, 2016 at 11:17 AM Post #169 of 338

Haha--not me--took too long. May have to wait for Smitty to meet someone nice, get engaged, and sell his off.
tongue.gif
Going to Russia for work soon--will look around when I get back.

Bring back some tubes 
L3000.gif

And good luck!

Apr 6, 2016 at 11:22 AM Post #170 of 338
@Barry S - Good luck in Russia, but don't hold your breath on me selling the Stratus anytime soon. That's probably going to be the last thing to be sold.

Apr 6, 2016 at 11:55 AM Post #171 of 338
  Bring back some tubes 
L3000.gif

And good luck!

Thanks--wonder if I can find an electronics surplus store in Leningrad St. Petersburg?

@Barry S - Good luck in Russia, but don't hold your breath on me selling the Stratus anytime soon. That's probably going to be the last thing to be sold.

Haha--good to know which of your concubines are in favor at the moment. Thanks.

Apr 6, 2016 at 12:05 PM Post #172 of 338
@Barry S
- Good luck in Russia, but don't hold your breath on me selling the Stratus anytime soon. That's probably going to be the last thing to be sold.

Have you heard any other TOTL tube amps by e.g. Eddie Current, Cavalli,... for comparison? Any of the new megabuck ones? EC studio, Stellaris isn't out yet I thought, Teton, Pinnacle, Studio 6,...?

Thank you!

Apr 6, 2016 at 1:02 PM Post #173 of 338
Have you heard any other TOTL tube amps by e.g. Eddie Current, Cavalli,... for comparison? Any of the new megabuck ones? EC studio, Stellaris isn't out yet I thought, Teton, Pinnacle, Studio 6,...?

Thank you!

Not really, the only Cavalli I have heard is the Crimson, no EC amps (a Black Widow is on order), etc. I have a Decware Taboo Mk. 3, but that is not a good amp to use with anything other than the LCDs and the HE-6.

Apr 6, 2016 at 9:04 PM Post #174 of 338

Not really, the only Cavalli I have heard is the Crimson, no EC amps (a Black Widow is on order), etc. I have a Decware Taboo Mk. 3, but that is not a good amp to use with anything other than the LCDs and the HE-6.

Ooooooh! I'd love to hear the Black Widow sometime
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 7, 2016 at 8:49 AM Post #175 of 338

Ooooooh! I'd love to hear the Black Widow sometime
smily_headphones1.gif

It's not done yet, but I plan on bringing it to the next meet..

Apr 7, 2016 at 12:05 PM Post #176 of 338
Forgot to ask at the mini-meet, though I did briefly speak to @gandhisfist about Chicago. Wanted to talk to @Barry S too. Is anyone traveling to other meets? Trying to get the word out, get the DC headphone community more popularized on the national scale? Tempting as it may be to road trip down to Nashville, work schedule is making that out of bounds (and they already have so much stuff). I am planning for Atlanta, and was just now looking at New York. Though I see @B-Dawk20 is likely to be there - are you coming back to DC for the Summer meet?

Just curiosity here - nothing specific. Though if there are vendors on the fence, a face-to-face might be good chance to suggest a visit to DC.

Apr 7, 2016 at 12:16 PM Post #177 of 338
@sheldaze I've talked to a few people about a New Jersey meet and have also thought about traveling for NY and Pennsylvania meetups.  I am working out details, but am also trying to get out to Axpona this year to talk to exhibitors, I know a couple other CAF organizers are going out there as well.

Apr 7, 2016 at 12:20 PM Post #178 of 338
  @sheldaze I've talked to a few people about a New Jersey meet and have also thought about traveling for NY and Pennsylvania meetups.  I am working out details, but am also trying to get out to Axpona this year to talk to exhibitors, I know a couple other CAF organizers are going out there as well.

I haven't looked to see what meets are in Pennsylvania and New Jersey.

New York really interests me, if not just for an opportunity to tour the city a little too.

I see there is a thread on CAF, but there's not much there. Might help too having the actual thread. Anyways, just thinking and typing. Not really thinking. Keep me in mind, if you need help, etc.

Apr 7, 2016 at 12:24 PM Post #179 of 338
  I haven't looked to see what meets are in Pennsylvania and New Jersey.

New York really interests me, if not just for an opportunity to tour the city a little too.

I see there is a thread on CAF, but there's not much there. Might help too having the actual thread. Anyways, just thinking and typing. Not really thinking. Keep me in mind, if you need help, etc.

Certainly will.  Maybe we can plan a DC HF crew field trip and descend on a few other East Coast groups to assert our dominance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back