DC-Area Head-Fi Meet - Saturday, February 27, 2016, 12:00 Noon-4:00 PM, George Mason Regional Library
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 23, 2016 at 1:55 PM Post #226 of 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by dracanius /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Is anyone bringing any in-ear devices? Not really sure how that would work.

We don't tend to have many IEMs at these meets, probably for the reasons you'd guess. I don't see why it couldn't be done given enough Q-tips and rubbing alcohol though.

Feb 23, 2016 at 4:55 PM Post #229 of 297
Hey guys.

I just moved up here from Florida at the beginning of the year. I actually just came on Head-Fi to check out some of the reviews, but I saw the local meet coming up and figured eh, why not?

I'm not super audiophile status, but it will be super awesome to check out what some real high end equipment is like. Is anyone bringing any in-ear devices? Not really sure how that would work. I'm also really curious if any of you would have some advice for me the day of. I hope to see you guys on Saturday.

:)

I have had reservations about bringing IEMs in the past, but for this meet I'm bringing my Shure SE846. And anticipating the sanitary issues, I bought some universal foam tips. I'll have 5 pairs of the foam tips, so at least that many people can try them out.

Feb 23, 2016 at 5:05 PM Post #230 of 297
An addition to the gear list - I'll be bringing an Explorer2 + PC to the meet as well. (Man, I hope I remember the power strip.) I've downloaded a few tracks from 2L that are MQA-encoded along with the associated 24/192 PCM files for folks to try out.

Feb 23, 2016 at 7:37 PM Post #231 of 297
I have had reservations about bringing IEMs in the past, but for this meet I'm bringing my Shure SE846. And anticipating the sanitary issues, I bought some universal foam tips. I'll have 5 pairs of the foam tips, so at least that many people can try them out.

I would love to listen to your Shure's, and any other IEM that are maybe more reasonably priced ($100-$200, Mid-Fi I guess?) cause me and BigTerminator are interested in getting a solid pair of IEMs. Anything is appreciated - especially your Shure's, cause they're endgame IEMs, I presume.

Feb 23, 2016 at 9:42 PM Post #232 of 297

sorry, i haven't had a chance to read the 16+pages on this thread to see what equipment has been offered to the community already and  i don't have much by way of audiophile gear to share besides another pair of se846s (clear), the AT IM70 (the 846's mid fi cousin :) and a centrance Dacport.  please let me know if anyone is interested.  i guess silicone tips are relatively easily sanitized with alc. wipes as suggested before.  
i would love to audition better DACs including the chord mojo and the grace design m9xx
 ​
to see (hear) how well the 846 scales. oh, and this will be my first meet (actually much more excited about it than i sound; been a longish day! :) 

Feb 23, 2016 at 10:04 PM Post #233 of 297

sorry, i haven't had a chance to read the 16+pages on this thread to see what equipment has been offered to the community already and  i don't have much by way of audiophile gear to share besides another pair of se846s (clear), the AT IM70 (the 846's mid fi cousin :) and a centrance Dacport.  please let me know if anyone is interested.  i guess silicone tips are relatively easily sanitized with alc. wipes as suggested before.  
i would love to audition better DACs including the chord mojo and the grace design m9xx
 ​
to see (hear) how well the 846 scales. oh, and this will be my first meet (actually much more excited about it than i sound; been a longish day! :) 

Sorry, sold my m9xx - I don't see anyone listed as bringing one. I do have Bifrost 4490 (using the same chipset). No, they do not sound the same - I just find them to be both satisfying D-S (delta sigma). Simple example of the difference is the Grace Design has multiple filter selections. But just in general, they are different sounding - both good. A few guys at the meet heard the m9xx, and I can point you in their direction for their impressions.

I've been using the Chord Mojo so little since using my CEntrance HiFi-Skyn (same 4490 chipset too - I like that chip). I went to use Mojo today and the battery needs a recharge. I'll bring it too, and recharge it, but leave it in the box. It's easy to setup, but leaving it on would mean one of my two setups would be disabled, while you listen to it.

Feb 23, 2016 at 11:20 PM Post #234 of 297
I have Schiit Bifrost Uber with USB Gen 2 for sale, and can bring it to the meet if anyone is interested.

Works perfectly, and is also in great condition. Power cable is included. 

$300 firm.  PM me if you're interested.

Feb 24, 2016 at 12:02 AM Post #235 of 297
Poop, I wish I didn't buy the Gumby....well, not really lol. I hope you can find a buyer! I'm still trying to buy a pair of HD800s but I can't bring myself to pay more than like $700-750

Feb 24, 2016 at 12:50 PM Post #236 of 297
It's looking like I'll be able to make this one!Hoping the BHSE shows up, I really want to hear some electrostats. I'll be bringing my Beyer T1 and an old Android phone to use as a DAP with USB Otg. I don't think I'm going to bring my Woo Wa7 TP though, unless someone really wants to hear it.

Feb 24, 2016 at 12:52 PM Post #237 of 297
  It's looking like I'll be able to make this one!Hoping the BHSE shows up, I really want to hear some electrostats. I'll be bringing my Beyer T1 and an old Android phone to use as a DAP with USB Otg. I don't think I'm going to bring my Woo Wa7 TP though, unless someone really wants to hear it.

Probably not going to happen at this point, sorry to disappoint.

Feb 24, 2016 at 2:19 PM Post #239 of 297
Thanks for trying.

It will certainyl be present for the summer meet/CanMania, and hopefully I'll have the EC Black Widow I have on order by then.

Feb 24, 2016 at 2:19 PM Post #240 of 297
BTW @TimeLord I too am unhappy with the Onkyo HF software. I went to install it on my iPad and found out it is only compatible with iPhone.
Short-sighted it seems to me, or another unfortunate quirky Apple software (previously hardware) requirement. So if you're happy with what you got, I might try it Friday as I pack for the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back