DC-Area Head-Fi Meet - Saturday, February 27, 2016, 12:00 Noon-4:00 PM, George Mason Regional Library
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 10, 2016 at 9:41 PM Post #91 of 297

And maybe @yage 's wife can share a few knitting patterns 
tongue.gif

That's no joke, she might actually show up if she knows knitting will be happening! If enough SO's show up, I guess they could start a support group...
biggrin.gif

Feb 11, 2016 at 7:53 AM Post #92 of 297
... she curses the high heavens and utters, "Why don't you use a real operating system?"

- "Why doesn't it automatically do things like on my Mac?"
- Oh, I don't know honey. Maybe because it's not garbage.

[anxiously expecting nobody to get offended]

Quote:
she might actually show up if she knows knitting will be happening! If enough SO's show up, I guess they could start a support group...
biggrin.gif

Before showing this to my gf she said she'd most likely bring a book along and stay quiet reading on a corner while we nerd on "our things."
She might be up to knitting if enough SOs show up. But then again, you never know with women. One might be wearing the same thing as the other and suddenly our StoneBreaker meeting turns into TMZ.

Feb 11, 2016 at 10:10 AM Post #93 of 297
Me, Bigterminator, and 2 newbies will be attending. Personally, I will be bringing along my Hifiman HE400s with Angled Brainwavs pads, my Monoprice Desktop DAC/Amp, and if anybody requests it, I'll bring my DT990 250ohm Pro's (which I hardly use anymore, they are up for sale if somebody would like to buy them off me). Bigterminator will be bringing his Emotiva Stealth DC-1 and his Fidelio X2's.
This should be a great meet, looking forward to listening to the TH-X00's, LCD2's are always fun to listen to, and all the other goodies that people bring!

If anybody has Takstar Pro 80's or SHP9500's, Alpha Primes/Dogs, or Mad Dogs, I'd love to listen to them. Just so I have an idea how these headphones sound, since I hear so much about them.

Feb 11, 2016 at 1:11 PM Post #95 of 297
I might be bringing a Gungnir Multibit if anyone has any interest.

Feb 11, 2016 at 1:36 PM Post #96 of 297
I might be bringing a Gungnir Multibit if anyone has any interest.

Two Bumbys, two Gumbys, and two Yggys - sounds good to me 
biggrin.gif

Feb 11, 2016 at 1:48 PM Post #98 of 297
At the first headphone mini-meet I attended in 2014, we had 5 guys and 3 women. Let's be optimistic and welcoming!

Wow - that's cool!

Some things don't translate, but in the most pure English possible - if invited, my SO said she would likely come to the meet. Did not want to step on toes, etc. And certainly if it would help other SO to feel welcome, that's cool too.

I do, however, think the knitting is out 
wink.gif

And we have more people volunteering to bring more stuff - no space for the crotchet club, me thinks.

Feb 11, 2016 at 5:22 PM Post #100 of 297
Wow - that's cool!

Some things don't translate, but in the most pure English possible - if invited, my SO said she would likely come to the meet. Did not want to step on toes, etc. And certainly if it would help other SO to feel welcome, that's cool too.

I do, however, think the knitting is out :wink:
And we have more people volunteering to bring more stuff - no space for the crotchet club, me thinks.

Haha probbaly not. I alone am bringing three amps! Well kinda lol

Feb 11, 2016 at 9:14 PM Post #101 of 297
Oh my....had to change my signature.

And the Sonett 2 and Stratus 2A3 sound better!
And the MicroZOTL2 too...

Just ridiculousness that there are so many good things available these days 
biggrin.gif

Feb 11, 2016 at 9:18 PM Post #102 of 297
Unfortunately I still don't have word on when my Stratus will be ready, so it might not be done in time for the event. I'll try to get an update from Donald. In other news,the BHSE is done and on its way.

Feb 11, 2016 at 9:30 PM Post #103 of 297
  Unfortunately I still don't have word on when my Stratus will be ready, so it might not be done in time for the event. I'll try to get an update from Donald. In other news,the BHSE is done and on its way.

No problems...
There's still going to be more than enough to listen to. And I've never personally heard an electrostatic headphone 
redface.gif

And we've got to A - B - C the HD 800 from original, modified, and Germany factory modified. Barry likes that kind of stuff 
biggrin.gif

Feb 11, 2016 at 9:43 PM Post #105 of 297
  I will be bringing along my DT990 250ohm Pro's (which I hardly use anymore, they are up for sale if somebody would like to buy them off me).

I might get it off your hands if I like them and if the prize is right.

I'm really excited for this meeting! Do we have any Planar Magnetics yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back