DC Area Head-Fi Meet - George Mason Regional Library - SUNDAY. APRIL 12, 2015 Noon-5 pm
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 18, 2015 at 11:14 PM Post #18 of 242
I'll bring my HD800's with stock single ended and a balanced cable. Since someone already called a ragnarok and yggy, ill bring my Bottlehead Mainline with new tubes. Also might bring any other amps i pick up. Will also bring my modded HE-500s if anyone wants to listen fo them.

Feb 19, 2015 at 2:03 PM Post #19 of 242
It's on my calendar. Looking forward!

I've been mostly into vinyl until recently so I don't have much that's relevant to this meet, but I will bring my modest headphone gear along anyway (just in case):
-modded Bravo V2 amp
-Beyer DT770's (250 Ohm)
-Modi 1   

Feb 19, 2015 at 7:20 PM Post #20 of 242
Hi guys, I had a great time at Capital Audio Fest. Definitely would like to come. Count me in for now, will let you know if anything comes up. 

Gear to bring:
Musical Fidelity V90 DAC
Yulong A800 Headphone Amp
Beyerdynamic DT990 250ohm
Teac UD-H01 (Will probably only bring if someone requests)

I am a speaker guy but have been getting into headphones as I am away at college. The DT990's will be up for trade/sale if I find headphones that I like on my stack of equipment. I am thinking of getting HD650's but would like to hear everything available within the $300 range. 

Feb 20, 2015 at 9:38 AM Post #21 of 242
Hi guys, I had a great time at Capital Audio Fest. Definitely would like to come. Count me in for now, will let you know if anything comes up. 

Gear to bring:
Musical Fidelity V90 DAC
Yulong A800 Headphone Amp
Beyerdynamic DT990 250ohm
Teac UD-H01 (Will probably only bring if someone requests)

I am a speaker guy but have been getting into headphones as I am away at college. The DT990's will be up for trade/sale if I find headphones that I like on my stack of equipment. I am thinking of getting HD650's but would like to hear everything available within the $300 range. 

if I get the day off from my kids I will bring my X2s (~$300) for you to listen to.

Feb 22, 2015 at 3:52 PM Post #23 of 242
  I'd be interested in listening to the HE-500s! :)

Just keep in mind that they have the hardcore damping mods, so if the mights aren't controlled well by the source and amp then they sound harsh.

Feb 24, 2015 at 3:44 PM Post #25 of 242
I'll try to make it, too. Sounds like there will be some amazing gear!

I can contribute a Compass DAC/amp, Gustard H10 amp, and whatever of following I decide to keep: HE-560, LCD-2F, DT-880, or DT-150. I'm definitely interested in trying some different DACs, and an HD6xx with the Bottlehead Crack. It will also be interesting to compare the Lyr2 to the H10.

Feb 24, 2015 at 4:01 PM Post #26 of 242
I hate to ask the noob question, but how do these events work?  I assume I need to being an extension cord, but how long?  Will the room be setup with tables and chairs and we each pick a spot to setup?   Do people listen to whatever is on the owner's source or move their own around?

Just curious what I'll need to bring besides my amp, headphones, and source.

Thanks,
Dan

Feb 24, 2015 at 4:20 PM Post #27 of 242
  I hate to ask the noob question, but how do these events work?  I assume I need to being an extension cord, but how long?  Will the room be setup with tables and chairs and we each pick a spot to setup?   Do people listen to whatever is on the owner's source or move their own around?

Just curious what I'll need to bring besides my amp, headphones, and source.

Thanks,
Dan

Picture a large conference room set up with tables and chairs, with some outlets scattered around on the walls. I'd bring a long extension cord and power strip. Usually we listen to the owner's sources, but if you want to swap things out or load your own music, it's usually not a problem if you ask.

Feb 27, 2015 at 9:04 PM Post #30 of 242
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back