DC Area Head-Fi meet at Glen Echo Town Hall on April 30, 2022
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 15, 2022 at 9:11 AM Post #32 of 90
Just caught up with the thread. I just gotta decide what's feasible for me to bring.

I'll bring Hifiman HE-6 (4 AND 6 screw variants). And my friend will likely loan me his Hifiman Susvara.
I'll bring a Raal PDA-1a which is my amp of choice for those cans. Outside of maybe Bakoon 13R lol.
My IEMs are 64 U12T.

Before I list anything else, I gotta handle my source gear situation.
Nice! I have wanted to compare my he6se against some OG he6's, although I must admit I'm also a bit nervous to do so 😓. Hoping the OG's don't blow them out of the water.

Apr 16, 2022 at 2:58 PM Post #34 of 90
I'll bring a disc transport, for anyone who still knows what the shiny, plastic, flat, round thingys are 😅

Otherwise I'll have both a DAP and network transport with a variety of music (same music loaded onto each) - network transport will feed ECP Copenhagen. DAP will drive a heavily modified headphone, which was once a TH900 mk2.

Apr 18, 2022 at 10:22 AM Post #39 of 90
There's a Discord, a personal message thread among a few people, and this. Masking is also a moving target, so the best information I have seen mentioned:

https://montgomerycountymd.gov/covid19/

My open suggestion, given this is the first meet back, is to start with masks so you have one handy. If there's tons of space, probably no need. If it becomes crowded, you are prepared. In the dozen or so events, I have been - some have been unbearably busy, while others have been "library" quiet. Common rule - if you're eating, stay away from the equipment. My guess is there will be socially distant areas, for eating and such, and more crowded areas for listening.

Bring a mask - we'll figure out the space constraints as the event progresses.

Apr 19, 2022 at 2:58 PM Post #43 of 90
Just caught up with the thread. I just gotta decide what's feasible for me to bring.

I'll bring Hifiman HE-6 (4 AND 6 screw variants). And my friend will likely loan me his Hifiman Susvara.
I'll bring a Raal PDA-1a which is my amp of choice for those cans. Outside of maybe Bakoon 13R lol.
My IEMs are 64 U12T.

Ok an update. I can bring a Pi2AES and (hopefully) have Roon installed on it.
I may not have a dedicated DAC so if anyone would be willing to let me use theirs for the meet that would be very much appreciated.

The solid state amp I'll bring is the Raal PDA-1a.
The tube amps I'll bring are the A&S Mogwai SE and my personal Bottlehead Crack.

Cans/IEMs I'll definitely bring:
64 audio U12T
Audio Technica ADX5000
Hifiman Susvara
Hifiman HE-6 (both 4 and 6 screw variants)

Apr 19, 2022 at 7:37 PM Post #44 of 90
I may not have a dedicated DAC so if anyone would be willing to let me use theirs for the meet that would be very much appreciated.
I can certainly bring an Emotiva Stealth DC-1, AES/EBU cable, and XLR cable pair. I have not A/B compared this DAC, but it seemed competent (detailed and not bright).

Apr 24, 2022 at 4:37 PM Post #45 of 90
Ok an update. I can bring a Pi2AES and (hopefully) have Roon installed on it.

The solid state amp I'll bring is the Raal PDA-1a.
The tube amps I'll bring are the A&S Mogwai SE and my personal Bottlehead Crack.

Cans/IEMs I'll definitely bring:
64 audio U12T
Audio Technica ADX5000
Hifiman Susvara
Hifiman HE-6 (both 4 and 6 screw variants)

I'm selling my Vioelectric 281 if you need something for that Susvara :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back