D'Backs win the NL West!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 29, 2007 at 11:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

Ingo

Headphoneus Supremus
They did it! Negative run differential and all! WOOO-HOOO!

Sep 30, 2007 at 12:25 AM Post #2 of 21
And its more then a playoff spot, as they will have the best record and home field advantage for the playoffs (oh ya, homefield means jack sh!t come time for the most important part of baseball) which is a shame. I can't even remember or care who won the All Star game as well

Sep 30, 2007 at 12:27 AM Post #3 of 21
It's like 2001 all over again, the D-Backs look really good this year.

Sep 30, 2007 at 2:31 AM Post #4 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by BassheadJazz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's like 2001 all over again, the D-Backs look really good this year.

Yep, kinda.

I wish they had a 3rd dominator in the starting rotation. Livan Herndanez could possibly step up and make that happen but we'll just have to see. I just hope the Padres don't make it in because they really have our number.

Sep 30, 2007 at 4:06 AM Post #5 of 21
Id like to see Philly make it in the East and then San Diego take the WC, as I do not like the Mets

It would of been nice to see the Rockies and Philly to make it, giving two teams a shot that have not been around nor expected, like Arizona. (Philly had high hopes before Opening Day, but most critics ranked them 3rd as with ARZ)

Oct 1, 2007 at 4:59 AM Post #6 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by TopShelf /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Id like to see Philly make it in the East and then San Diego take the WC, as I do not like the Mets

It would of been nice to see the Rockies and Philly to make it, giving two teams a shot that have not been around nor expected, like Arizona. (Philly had high hopes before Opening Day, but most critics ranked them 3rd as with ARZ)

It looks like the Phillies and the Rockies are both going to make it. The Rocks just have to beat the Padres tomorrow.

Oct 1, 2007 at 5:11 AM Post #7 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ingo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They did it! Negative run differential and all! WOOO-HOOO!

enjoy, cause you won't feel this happiness on Oct 9th..

very_evil_smiley.gif

Oct 1, 2007 at 5:17 AM Post #8 of 21
Can't wait to see these guys ruin the Cubs run, woot!

Oct 1, 2007 at 5:50 AM Post #9 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by bhd812 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
enjoy, cause you won't feel this happiness on Oct 9th..

very_evil_smiley.gif

Billy, I hate to upset you, but the Cubs are 2-4 against the D'Backs on the season. Now that really doesn't mean much at all, of course (except that my team has beat your team twice as many times this season).

Who knows, maybe there'll be an Arizona Bartman who shows up and spoils our plight? I doubt it though, the D'Backs have had pretty good luck in their first decade of existance.

If I had to place a bet on this series I'd place it on the Cubs once again returning to Wrigleyville in shame.

Oct 2, 2007 at 5:29 AM Post #11 of 21
Please don't tell me you're one of the people that thought the Bartman thing was a curse, haha.

Oct 4, 2007 at 8:30 AM Post #13 of 21
One Down, Two to go
cool.gif

D'Backs 3 Cubs 1

Oct 4, 2007 at 12:58 PM Post #14 of 21
I do think Lou could of given Carlos one more inning or 15 more pitches (he had 85) and still have him start Sunday. I can understand him not wanting to make him tired, but to Carlos, 85,100, 120 will all be the same. If we were talking about Rich Hill or someone like that then it comes more into question.

Or you can look at it another way I guess, and it could of been tied 1-1 till the 11th, with ARI scoring and Carlos throwing 135 pitches

Oct 4, 2007 at 4:34 PM Post #15 of 21
I can understand both sides, but personally I don't see why Lou should feel the need to second guess going to Marmol in the bullpen, the guy had been lights out all year long and you never know if there'll be another situation where you need to use a game-changer like Zambrano. That said, thank goodness the D-Backs won, now they just need to get Doug Davis to pitch like someone other than Doug Davis.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back