D'Backs win the NL West!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oct 4, 2007 at 7:05 PM Post #16 of 21
The last time the DBacks faced Marmol they tagged him as well, they might just be his white whale. I think that could be the only thing you can question in that move. Marmol is a very good pitcher but sometimes guys just struggle against certain teams.

Oct 5, 2007 at 1:43 AM Post #17 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by BassheadJazz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can understand both sides, but personally I don't see why Lou should feel the need to second guess going to Marmol in the bullpen, the guy had been lights out all year long and you never know if there'll be another situation where you need to use a game-changer like Zambrano. That said, thank goodness the D-Backs won, now they just need to get Doug Davis to pitch like someone other than Doug Davis.

I guess you haven't seen him pitch much this year. I would rather put the ball in his hands over any other starter on the team besides Webby. Doug Davis can melt-down, but for the most part he was pitching REALLY well all year long. He threw a bunch of shut-out games only to have the bullpen lose them late, early in the season and if he would have had better luck he would have a much better record.

**EDIT** - I forgot to mention the last time "Double D" threw to the Cubs he only had one earned run and 8 strikeouts.

Oct 5, 2007 at 6:37 AM Post #18 of 21
Uno mas, por favor.

D'Backs 8 Cubbies 4

Oct 5, 2007 at 8:13 AM Post #19 of 21
They defied logic all year long, why should the post-season be any different? Stephen Drew is starting to pick it up and fulfill all those expectations, he's playing great on both sides of the ball. Keep on rollin' DBacks!

Oct 5, 2007 at 6:40 PM Post #20 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ingo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I guess you haven't seen him pitch much this year. I would rather put the ball in his hands over any other starter on the team besides Webby. Doug Davis can melt-down, but for the most part he was pitching REALLY well all year long. He threw a bunch of shut-out games only to have the bullpen lose them late, early in the season and if he would have had better luck he would have a much better record.

**EDIT** - I forgot to mention the last time "Double D" threw to the Cubs he only had one earned run and 8 strikeouts.

I saw him a few times, but not a lot, I'll admit-- I just knew as you said, he can "melt-down" and I was hoping he wouldn't have one of those moments against a ticked off Cubs offense. Not that that mattered as the one having the melt down was Ted Lilly. Did anyone else catch him throwing his glove on the ground after throwing that beach ball of a pitch? Maybe if he had thrown the ball like it were his glove he wouldn't have been tagged for all those runs.

Can't wait to see Cubs fans faces after they get swept on their home turf
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back