DBA-02 Vs. Munitio Teknines
Dec 15, 2010 at 9:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 78

Stn.

100+ Head-Fier
Hi guys,

I'm a little high on caffeine right now, so excuse me for any ridiculous posts I make :xf_eek:

How do the Teknines compare with the Fischer Audio DBA-02s? The DBA-02s are nowhere to be found, in stock, and shipping to Canada. They both seem to have a similar price point, but I can't find any information on the Teknines.

Appreciated as always.

Dec 15, 2010 at 10:37 PM Post #3 of 78
I primarily listen to hip hop, though I consider myself pretty eclectic. Some other genres that make up my listening habits are Dubstep, Big beat, alternative rock, classic rock, indie rock, screamo, soul, R&B, and the list goes on.

From what I've heard, the DBA-02s would serve me well, but I can't find them anywhere. The teknines are also cheaper, and available.

Dec 15, 2010 at 10:53 PM Post #4 of 78
Teknines are like Monsters, lots of bass so they would most likely fit your genres well. I've heard that the DBA-02's are more balanced than that though. |joker| gave them 10/10 for sound, which at that price point is amazing.

If bass is important to you than definitely the teknines, otherwise, if you are looking for more balance than DBA-02's are a better choice.

Also, for the record, Teknines look BOSS, so if looks matter than they are close to the be-all-end-all for you. 

Dec 15, 2010 at 10:56 PM Post #5 of 78
Teknines are like Monsters, lots of bass so they would most likely fit your genres well. I've heard that the DBA-02's are more balanced than that though. |joker| gave them 10/10 for sound, which at that price point is amazing.

If bass is important to you than definitely the teknines, otherwise, if you are looking for more balance than DBA-02's are a better choice.

Also, for the record, Teknines look BOSS, so if looks matter than they are close to the be-all-end-all for you. 

Thanks for the insight. My last pair of IEMs were NE-6s, so I don't think I've experienced enough quality equipment to decide what exactly I'm looking for, and to be honest, I like the looks of the DBA-02 better than the Teknines :cool: Everything I could find on the Teknine's praise the bass, but how do they compare to DBA-02s in everything else?

Dec 15, 2010 at 11:03 PM Post #6 of 78
Never heard of the Teknines... however, from the sound of things, I'd imagine you are comparing two very, very different earphones... since bassy is most definitely not what I'd think about the DBA-02. The DBA-02 doesn't exactly go all "BOOM-BOOM" as the poster above already noted, its strengths are the details and the crispy highs. That's, from what I have heard so far, really unrivaled.

Dec 15, 2010 at 11:12 PM Post #7 of 78
Never heard of the Teknines... however, from the sound of things, I'd imagine you are comparing two very, very different earphones... since bassy is most definitely not what I'd think about the DBA-02. The DBA-02 doesn't exactly go all "BOOM-BOOM" as the poster above already noted, its strengths are the details and the crispy highs. That's, from what I have heard so far, really unrivaled.

Thanks for the response MaxwellDemon.

I think a big part of the problem here is myself not knowing exactly what I'm looking for, and not wanting to drop $150 on something I'm uncertain about. Bass is important to me, and the question of how well the teknines perform in anything other than bass seems to be unknown.

Dec 15, 2010 at 11:18 PM Post #8 of 78

Quote:
Hi guys,

I'm a little high on caffeine right now, so excuse me for any ridiculous posts I make
redface.gif

How do the Teknines compare with the Fischer Audio DBA-02s? The DBA-02s are nowhere to be found, in stock, and shipping to Canada. They both seem to have a similar price point, but I can't find any information on the Teknines.

Appreciated as always.

i can give you a comparison between both once the teknines arrive

Dec 15, 2010 at 11:28 PM Post #9 of 78
Quote:
Hi guys,

I'm a little high on caffeine right now, so excuse me for any ridiculous posts I make
redface.gif

Appreciated as always.

i can give you a comparison between both once the teknines arrive

Thanks mywallethurts, very much appreciated!

However, do you know how long the 'savage' coupon at Munito will last? Because once it expires, it will become about the same price as the DBA-02s, which isn't a bad thing but I'd much rather have them for $125 shipped to Canada than $170.

Dec 15, 2010 at 11:39 PM Post #10 of 78
why dont you get both and end the misery? just kidding. i expect both to have opposite sound sigs. something like the fischers to win in clarity and highs while the teknine to win in the bass dept. both will definitely compliment each other well depending on your mood

Dec 15, 2010 at 11:55 PM Post #11 of 78
1. Because the DBA-02s are nowhere to be seen.
2. Because I'd probably cry at all times the IEMs weren't in my ears :p

Not to be nosy, but when are your teknines due to arrive? How long was/is the shipping expected? From the looks of it, the coupon was introduced at the beginning of the month, so I'd expect it to run till the end - though these are suppose to be a Christmas present to myself.

Dec 16, 2010 at 1:43 PM Post #13 of 78
I have not heard the DBA-02's but I own a pair of the Munitio 9mm Titanium Gold earphones  (SITi G).  

I did the same thing you are going to do and bought them as an early Christmas present.  Way early.  I've been meaning to do a complete A,B,C review up against a few other IEM's that I own.  Someday I'll get that up.

I listen to all types of music including old school rock (Zepplin, Springsteen), Heavy Metal (Clutch), Blues (Taj Mahal), Electronic (Medeselektor) and Indie (Blind Pilot).   

When I first got them I was little overwhelmed by the bass.  It's hard to describe.  Like hearing a real subwoofer in a car system for the first time.  You end up giggling a bit.

I did a bunch of A : B testing at first.  Trying to find clarity and tonal differences.   They took a week to burn in and brighten up.  Once I actually stopping putzing around with them and used them for an extended period of time I was blown away.    

The Isolation is insane.  On a crowded plane full of crying babies you couldn't hear a thing from the outside.  Every song still sounded great.    This was all at high volume levels too.  With no ear fatigue.  What I thought was better highs in a pair of Sure SE210 ended up feeling to bright and lacking warmth when I went back and listened a week later.    

Basically my reference changed.  A lot of the other pairs I own seem lacking now.  The Turbines seem to have fake "bass", the Shure seem to bright, the Vibe just seem unpleasant.

Any way.  A better more technical review to follow.  The short of it  is they are currently my favorite pair of IEM.  I paid full pop as there weren't any promo codes available at the time.  They also didn't have a mic available either.  

I'm thinking of getting another pair of the Black tactical ones to use with my iPhone.   I emailed the company and they said that any holiday promotion codes were set to expire.   They gave me "vibrato" for 25%.   I'll have to try the other one to see if it still works.

Dec 16, 2010 at 8:32 PM Post #15 of 78
Just sent Munitio an email, and got a response 10 minutes later. I asked about the return policy, warranty, and 40% off 'savage' coupon.

Hi -Removed-.

We stand behind our products and want to make sure they are in the ears of people who love them. If you buy a pair and for some reason can't live with them we'll take em back within two weeks. Minus a 10% restocking fee and shipping.

There is a one year warranty on the product.

That "savage" coupon is just a limited launch promotion coupon. It is going to be dropped from 40% to 25% in the next day or so and it will expire all together a few days before Christmas.

Thanks for the interest.

MUNITIO

Ugh! That means I'll have to make my decision tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back