Dba 02 driver problems
Feb 21, 2012 at 7:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Leonardough

New Head-Fier
Hi guys i need some help!
One of the side of the driver for my earpiece has spoiled and sounds way softer than the other working one,
what can i do about the situation?
Should i go for an upgrade?
Also can someone tell me why it the driver has spoiled?
I'm no longer under warranty

Feb 21, 2012 at 7:39 AM Post #2 of 8
Spoiled, like milk? Anyways, channel imbalance issues have been a known QC issue with certain batches of the DBA-02. I don't really have a solution, except maybe go reshell them into customs or recable them, but there have been posts in the DBA-02 threads about this issue, and they might be of help.

However, if you've had them for a while, it might be due to other reasons. If you have an earwax tool, clean both sides out as much as you can. Some versions of the DBA have a removable filter, which you can try to clean and put back in. If none of those things work, then yeah, you're going to have to do some kind of remold probably (but first check to see if the crossover circuit is still working, or you'll have to get the remold company to construct a new crossover circuit for you, which they may or may not be willing to do). The BA receiver itself probably doesn't break easily.

Feb 21, 2012 at 7:49 AM Post #4 of 8
Well, reshelling the DBA-02 essentially turns it into a custom IEM. The company will take the DBA-02 apart and salvage the TWFK drivers inside. They will then check to see if everything's working before sticking it into a custom shell. The BA unit itself may possibly be broken, but it's not likely.

Have you had it for a while? If it was working fine before, then it's probably not a QC issue. The common problems are too much earwax in one side, moisture, dust, etc. If cleaning doesn't do the trick, then yeah, you're out of luck. Only a remold will do the trick (provided the BA drivers are still fully functional).

If it's a cable or soldering issue (I thinking not, because cable/solder issues usually denote no sound or intermittent sound instead of softer sound), then you can get a recable.

Feb 21, 2012 at 8:47 AM Post #5 of 8
I see,thanks for the informative reply.What do you mean by BA unit?
Yep i've had it for a mere short year and 3 months,so i doubt its a quality control problem.
Nah with what you said it's definitely not a wire problem.

Feb 22, 2012 at 3:33 AM Post #6 of 8
Unfortunately I'm having the same problem with my DBA-02s 
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back