Dave's True story - "Sex without bodies"
Dec 25, 2001 at 5:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

beowulf

Headphoneus Supremus
Anyone into this jazzy album from the Chesky label? I just borrowed it from my cousin (gotta love those Christmas dinners).

It seems quite interesting...including the lyrics.
Sound quality is also pretty good for headphones. I am really enjoying the 3k with these... I suspect it will go straight to my "recommended for headphones" list.

I can't believe he had this gem there for so long there without telling me... pff...

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...274971-9329423

Dec 27, 2001 at 3:48 AM Post #2 of 7
Just a note to say I have made two 320k/LAME/EAC/UltraPlex MP3s of two tracks and kinda squeezed them in my miserably small web server quota....

I will keep them there for only a few days so anyone who is curious here can listen to two tracks... (hey, I just think it makes sense we try to show a few tracks when suggesting albuns hehe).

[edit]

Again, note that the tracks will remain on the server *only* for a few days. If you get a 404, it means I had to free the space.
smily_headphones1.gif

It should be a fast link tho...

Let us know if you get the files... I'm wondering how many will leech it.

Dec 27, 2001 at 4:40 AM Post #3 of 7
Beowulf, I edited out the links to the files. Please do not post links to commercial tracks on Head-Fi. It leaves Jude and Head-Fi open to prosecution under U.S. law. Thanks for your understanding.

Dec 27, 2001 at 4:51 AM Post #4 of 7
Hm ok. Those were just two compressed tracks, not really WAVs or ISOs. And the files were not stored in any server related to Head-Fi, so you should never be hold responsible.

"The content of any post is solely the responsibility of the poster, even if that poster is an administrator and / or moderator of Head-Fi. "
Besides, if we get really into the copyright issues to such detail, not even CD cover photos could be linked here.

But I know these threads are always very time consuming and usually never satisfactory, so I will simply follow the rules and will not post links to any other tracks in the future.

Anyone curious can still PM me during the next days. I pour many megabucks into the record industry's pockets.. they can afford to have me encode a couple tracks.
evil_smiley.gif

Feb 20, 2006 at 7:59 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by episiarch
Say, are any Head-Fi'ers going to the Northern California DTS concerts this week?

All I can say is that's darn irresponsible of them to perform around here the same week as a Head-Fi meet. Don't they know I need to spend every remaining, available moment with my family?

If I were available, I'd love to see the Bach Dancing & Dynamite Society show on Sunday. I saw Larry Coryell there years ago, that is a really unique venue.

Let us know how it is if you go!

Feb 21, 2006 at 2:30 PM Post #7 of 7
The show was good. I really enjoyed seeing these performers in person at last. I stayed for only the first of two sets, but it was worth the trip over the hill to Felton.

The touring band consisted of Dave (on guitar) and Kelly, plus a bassist and a drummer. (Many joking references were made to the drummer being a Kiss fan, but he does jazz really well.) Dave's about as I pictured him, but Kelly is more happy and fun in person than the dour tone that comes across in the albums, and the set, while laid-back and low-key, was pleasantly upbeat.

They did a mix of material from all four of their albums*, with no particular emphasis on the latest one. Though I hate to say it, I like the oldest DTS album the best, and the rest of them downward from there in chronological order. I didn't like Nature much at all (the title track's good, though, and "Kiss Me Quick" would be good if someone happy sung it), but they consider it their best artistic achievement, and spent a few minutes on stage talking about how much they like it compared to the earliest albums.

I still don't really like the album, but I liked its songs a lot more performed live. "Everlasting No," in particular, is a song that I'll fast-forward past unless I'm particularly in a mood to kill myself, but live it was actually...almost...cheerful.

Overall it was simply a really good set. Their music lends itself well to the extra flourishes and solos that are often added in live shows, and they did a few of these to good effect. If my drive back into town on Sunday permits, I might try to catch the Miramar show.

*[size=xx-small]There are actually six DTS albums: four of their original material, one of DJ remixes of Nature (which Kelly says she hasn't even listened to), and one of Dylan covers. All available through their website or at concerts.[/size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back