Dave Matthews, Tim Reynolds: Live at Luthier College
Dec 16, 2002 at 10:09 PM Post #16 of 22
Quote:

Originally posted by gloco
Are you referring to the crowd? You should hear some of the boots out there of dave+tim, the crowds are filled with jerks.

I think he was referring to Dave Matthews.

Dec 18, 2002 at 3:02 AM Post #17 of 22
Defanately referring to Dave. He was in fine voice and mood, just could NOT make his humor rise to the same level. A truly enjoyable musical experience nonetheless.

Bruce

Dec 18, 2002 at 4:06 AM Post #18 of 22
Quote:

Originally posted by BDA_ABAT
Defanately referring to Dave. He was in fine voice and mood, just could NOT make his humor rise to the same level. A truly enjoyable musical experience nonetheless.

Bruce

I wonder if it had to do with them recording the show for a commercial release. A lot of the boots i've heard has some pretty humorous chatting.

Dec 18, 2002 at 10:16 AM Post #19 of 22
Quote:

Originally posted by pearle
I don't mind the banter. The music more than makes up for it.

i for one, love hearing artists talking when i'm at a show or listening to a bootleg. i can listen to the song any time, but i never have the opportunity to hear what the musician actually has to say. just my opinion though and i tend to listen to good music where the artists have interesting things to say.. and don't just babble incoherently due to their cocaine habit.
wink.gif

and the next time i have an idiot drunkenly scream from behind me "i'm paying you to play music, not to talk!" i plan on elbowing him repeatedly in the face. hope you're not that clown.

Dec 18, 2002 at 2:57 PM Post #21 of 22
I honestly don't care if you believe me or not, but I am telling you the truth here:

Over the summer I went up to Cape Cod, MA to visit my dad. He owns a restaurant and one guy that plays in the Dave Mathews Band (the electric violin) comes to the restaurant frequently when not on tour because he has a house near it.

Dec 18, 2002 at 6:29 PM Post #22 of 22
grinch wrote:
"... and don't just babble incoherently due to their cocaine habit. "

Love it! Totally true.

If someone's being a jerk at a concert, well, ya gotta do what ya gotta do. But, it (most likely) won't be me demanding music.

It's good to hear what the artist(s) has to say. Example: I love going to Jethro Tull concerts and hearing Ian bust on Martin Barre. Definately adds to the experience. But the cocaine-influenced banter can take away from an otherwise pleasant experience.

Bruce

Users who are viewing this thread

Back