Daum potplayer (English) the new kmplayer
Apr 21, 2010 at 3:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

Marantz

New Head-Fier
I found this looking at kmplayers forums,the guy that created kmplayer sold it and started another project called potplayer,its the same as kmplayer but is kept upto date,the only prob is its all in korean,i have managed to find a version that has been translated into english,to me it sounds and looks better than kmplayer,see what you guys think.

Daum PotPlayer 1.4.20879 Beta - Cardsharing CCcam Cardsharing Gbox newcamd Sharing Gbox Cardsharing Dreambox Sharing Latest Files

sorry if this has been posted before.

Nov 27, 2010 at 5:26 PM Post #2 of 14
I agree with Marantz, I have been using it for the last 3 days and it is better than KMplayer in my system as well. I had tried to install XXhighend but just couldn't get it to work and turned to Potplayer+Reclock. User interface is relatively simple but easy to use. Sound quality is the best so far having used KMplayer+Reclock and Foobar2000 Wasapi enabled previously. 

Nov 28, 2010 at 3:27 AM Post #3 of 14
I've been using PP (for video) for several weeks now.  I used to use The KM Player but this is better, imo and I've basically switched over to the Pot Player.  There are frequent updates (every couple of days it seems) so it's going to continue to get even better as time goes by.  There are some pretty nice skins available too.

Dec 1, 2010 at 9:22 PM Post #4 of 14
harpua,

You should try Potplayer+Reclock for your audio. In my experience, it blows away Foobar2000 sound quality-wise. Cheers!

Jan 17, 2011 at 5:10 PM Post #5 of 14
It is easily better because foobar was not created for audio quality.

The new potplayer skin is great but there is a problem, since the last update my player is now in Korean and i don't know how to set it in english...

Jan 17, 2011 at 8:00 PM Post #6 of 14

Quote:
It is easily better because foobar was not created for audio quality.

The new potplayer skin is great but there is a problem, since the last update my player is now in Korean and i don't know how to set it in english...

Are you serious? I think you can go and ask just about anyone here to see their opinion regarding foobar's quality. And claiming a video player to be better just sounds like a joke. But then again, the thread started with something related to KMplayer...
rolleyes.gif

Jan 18, 2011 at 4:02 PM Post #9 of 14

Quote:
I found this looking at kmplayers forums,the guy that created kmplayer sold it and started another project called potplayer,its the same as kmplayer but is kept upto date,the only prob is its all in korean,i have managed to find a version that has been translated into english,to me it sounds and looks better than kmplayer,see what you guys think.

Daum PotPlayer 1.4.20879 Beta - Cardsharing CCcam Cardsharing Gbox newcamd Sharing Gbox Cardsharing Dreambox Sharing Latest Files

sorry if this has been posted before.

I am not sure if I have tried this one or not.  Thanks for the info though, I will give it a try and see if I can get some good audio going.

Jan 18, 2011 at 11:38 PM Post #10 of 14
So I just put PotPlayer on my pc today. Haven't really explored/played around with it. Seems to be just like the KMPlayer to me. Anyone care to point out the big differences?

And can anyone help me to get ReClock to work with PP? I got it to work with the KMPlayer yesterday, which was easy enough. I don't see ReClock show up when I'm choosing the audio renderer when using PP, though.

Thoughts on KMP+ReClock: actually makes a difference! I'm a n00b so noticing differences is exciting! haha. Where I really noticed improvement was in movies. Watched some scenes from 'Children of Men' and WOW, I didn't know I could get such good sound from watching movies on my laptop. But then again, I did JUST get my FiiO E9+E7 so I'm pretty sure that had something to do with it. I haven't really compared KMP and foobar but I continue to use foobar simply because it's more convenient. I like having my library right there in front of me. KMPlayer and PP have the Playlist thing but I can't really figure out it works. So until I do, I will be using foobar. Anyone able to help me out with this as well?

Jan 21, 2011 at 1:09 AM Post #12 of 14
^ Thanks. But I just got it. I ended up taking out the 64-bit version and swapping it with the 32. Now the ReClock shows up under renderers.

Jan 21, 2011 at 8:03 AM Post #13 of 14
Why pointing to another forum ? Do you know if you can set the last version in english ?

Anyway players make very little difference and its hard to know if you are imagining the differences or not but reclock with potplayer is great for videos and it seem to me j-river is a very little better for audio quality but i'm not sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back