Darth Beyers - Vulgar and ugly or good looking?
Aug 3, 2007 at 9:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 43

Mindless

1000+ Head-Fier
I have since the moment I first saw a Darth Beyer thought they were hideous. Abominations.

It's not that I don't like the craftsmanship, it's just that they are so ugly. I really can't understand why people buy them. To date I've seen one good looking Darth Beyer and that's the ones with cups made out of ebony showed on the Headphile site.

So, what's your opinion on these things? Are they butt-ugly? Yes or no?

Aug 3, 2007 at 9:19 PM Post #2 of 43
Personally I think they're beautiful. Beauty is subjective, though!

Aug 3, 2007 at 9:59 PM Post #4 of 43
I don't like the ones with the deep cone shaped cups, but I like most of the other ones.

Aug 3, 2007 at 10:01 PM Post #5 of 43
Most of them look weird and blocky to me.

Custom grados however....
basshead.gif

hd9c.jpg

Aug 3, 2007 at 10:04 PM Post #7 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by Flasken /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Most of them look weird and blocky to me.

Custom grados however....
basshead.gif

hd9c.jpg

To me, that is a great example of the "ugly" I'm speaking of.
evil_smiley.gif

Aug 3, 2007 at 10:14 PM Post #8 of 43
Fabulous looking pieces of craftmanship .....its interesting that some people don't like the way they look though......but I can't for the life of me imagine why ? But at the same time, its also refreshing to know that Head-Fiers can apparently have such differing views on what constitutes a good looking set of 'phones.

Aug 3, 2007 at 10:20 PM Post #11 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by subfocus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Fabulous looking pieces of craftmanship .....its interesting that some people don't like the way they look though......but I can't for the life of me imagine why ? But at the same time, its also refreshing to know that Head-Fiers can apparently have such differing views on what constitutes a good looking set of 'phones.

What constitutes a good looking set of cans then? Exclusive sorts of wood?

Quote:

Originally Posted by San7a /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This thread is blasphemy.

Because you think they look good?

Aug 3, 2007 at 10:26 PM Post #12 of 43
I am hateful of the Darth look... Some of the ebony Grados can get interesting though. I just think that Darths look too damn big, cans in the most literal sense.

Aug 3, 2007 at 10:27 PM Post #13 of 43
From the pictures I've seen, they're okay looking. The majority of them, in my opinion, look boring (they seem to have a sort of "blocky" sense). In my opinion, most of the woodies look bad, except some of the ones with grills (I think the wood has to be taken in moderation):

img44.jpg

hd8.jpg

img59.jpg

img2.jpg

Aug 3, 2007 at 10:28 PM Post #14 of 43
if a viola was made out of some very very hard dense wood, with excellent properties for sound, would you take a high tech looking cleaner viola like the amita(i think it is) over something like.... a stefan aubrey, wich i think has a pretty ugly grain?

its not as much about looks as it is about sound.

Aug 3, 2007 at 10:31 PM Post #15 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by xinoxide /img/forum/go_quote.gif
if a viola was made out of some very very hard dense wood, with excellent properties for sound, would you take a high tech looking cleaner viola like the amita(i think it is) over something like.... a stefan aubrey, wich i think has a pretty ugly grain?

its not as much about looks a
cool.gif
s it is about sound.

However, I was not interested in the musical element of the modification. I was simply interested in whether people think they look good or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back