Darth Beyer...is it worth it???
Nov 20, 2008 at 10:42 PM Post #16 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rednamalas1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
didn't a pair of maple V3s go for 250$ or 300 on FS section about couple of weeks ago? great deal for whoever copped a pair
wink.gif

you serious??? that's a steal.
Hope I run to such deals soon.

Nov 20, 2008 at 10:53 PM Post #19 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by dcpoor /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the darth's are very much love it or hate it. there was a hate thread not too long ago that got a bit heated.
smily_headphones1.gif

hahahahha...that's normal in all forums...FLAMINGS.
I know. I'm a mod. I give out infractions, delete, ban those who went over the board EVERYDAY.

But all in all, all forums are very helpful and informative....and you get meet a lot of cool folks.

Nov 20, 2008 at 11:12 PM Post #20 of 27
They'd definitely be the best you could do for attractive headphones for that price. Not the best sound, or the best closed headphones at that price still tho.

Nov 20, 2008 at 11:42 PM Post #21 of 27
[size=xx-large]N o[/size]

Used to own a pair. Gorgeous, comfortable.

Awful sound - no mids, sluggish, no soundstage, and yes, /too/ much bass - I went to them because I'm fond of my bass but - gross.

If you want a bass intensive sound for that price range (900) you're about $50 shy of just buying a used pair of Edition 9s - Immeasurably better in every way

Though, I don't think they're a good idea with tubes, personally.

Chances are, given your tastes and background - I suspect that the K701 is going to be your bag

Nov 21, 2008 at 1:32 AM Post #22 of 27
Luminette,

Thankyou for your input.
I'm in no hurry to hunt a Darth down. Prolly will not pay full price for it. If one comes along for around $250-$300, i'd buy that. Besides, i think the resale of the Darth should be easily handled.

Still...waiting for my cans to arrive...I am excited. Cant wait to try out these new toys.

Nov 21, 2008 at 4:06 AM Post #25 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by smashing /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I seriously think DT770/80 is completely in a different class than a DB. The drivers are the same, but the fingers of Larry complete the metamorphosis of the larva into one of the most beautiful creature ever.

Great extended metaphor sir.

Sorry just had to show some appreciation!

Dave

Nov 21, 2008 at 4:41 AM Post #26 of 27
woot woot...just got home from work...got this at the front door...

photo-40.jpg

photo-41.jpg

Thankyou guys for them 2cents. I will check the stock version out later. For now, i got toys waiting for me to play.

ATW1000 is here..hopefully the 325i, k701, and the denon a5000 show up soon...tomorrow...hihihihi.

HappyListening.
SD

Nov 21, 2008 at 5:32 AM Post #27 of 27
Let me know how you like the K701s compared to the Denons. I have a Denon D2000 but I'm thinking of getting the K701s as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back