Darn you, Koss KSC-75!
Feb 27, 2007 at 12:53 PM Post #31 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatDane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Some of you may remember my PX-100 vs. KSC75 from last week, the Koss easily won the battle for me. Since then I've been using the KSC75 with a shuffle at work and the combo sounds very good considering how small the shuffle is.

...but to my ears there's no way in hell that the KSC75 sounds better than my ER4P. I've tried some of my amps with the KSC75 and it does improve but still not to the level that my ER4P does using my Supermini IV. I use bass boost, +75 Ohms, low gain w/ no crossfeed.

With the ety there's more bass...deeper,tighter,more accurate,etc.(remember I'm using bass boost), more accurate mids and highs with easily more detail. They are much more involving for me. I can say that I hear a very nice improvement with the P>S conversion.

It is a bit silly to compare such an inexpensive open can (I paid $25) to one that costs 7+ times more (and is an IEM), but here we are. It is amazing that the KSC75 can come as close as it does. For me the KSC75 is very fun to listen to, I think the low cost makes it especially exciting-knowing how little I spent.

Like others have noted before...if you don't own the KSC75 and have never heard them, go buy them now . We need a KSC75 smilie.
icon10.gif

Here's a few I did afew weeks ago:
ksc75-02.gif
ksc75-03.gif

Feb 27, 2007 at 1:11 PM Post #32 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by antonyfirst
I continue to think about upgrading from my Sennheisers, and I'd like to get the Etys, but if I can spend about 20$ instead of 200$ with the KSC75s, without losing very much in SQ, it would be a bargain. What else could I try to couple with my Kenwood?

For headphones delivered anywhere for 22$ or less (ebay), why bother thinking anymore than where to buy...
cool.gif

Go buy a pair and try.

And if the sound doesnt impress you (which I strongly doubt it, they are just simply great), give it to your friends or relatives and share the love!
smily_headphones1.gif

I do find one bad aspect of KSC75. They do not fit me aesthetically...
plainface.gif
Especially without that beanie...
biggrin.gif

Feb 27, 2007 at 7:23 PM Post #37 of 42
i wonder , just how detailed are they and how's the instrument seperation compared to to more expensive IEMs like E500\triple-fi and Headphones(dt880\k701\hd650) (not including differences in sources and amps ) straight of say mp3 player or a good soundcard playing high rate mp3s. are they really comparable in the amount of details and seperation to the higher end when discounting any other "required" changes. is the difference really that small or nonexistant unless you start adding and changing to higher end componoents all around?

Feb 27, 2007 at 7:57 PM Post #38 of 42
I'm really trying hard to find faults with these things because I want to love my other portables so much more. But, my resistance is slowly wearing down. I bought them on a whim at Radio Outhouse last weekend and they do sound amazing.

A little uncomfortable, but bending the clips slightly solved that. Ugly...they look like something straight out of a cheesy budget sci fi movie. The volume control pod? I haven't used these enough to form any opinion about its usefulness (but having the unsightly pod dangle at chest level is a negative for me).

Damn these things sound good.
tongue.gif

Feb 28, 2007 at 4:31 AM Post #41 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatDane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey cool...but wait, they don't look ugly enough.
icon10.gif

hehe, at least they aren't as ugly as Jacklin Float 1's
Jecklin_Float-01.gif

Feb 28, 2007 at 4:53 AM Post #42 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by antonyfirst /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can they be compared to the Shure E4c (apart from isolation)? Now I'm curious, while waiting for them

I find them more enjoyable than any IEM I've owned and heard, apart from the Sensas. And that's only because the low end frequencies on the Sensas go so deep and manage to remain smooth and tight.

You'll get more opinions on this subject then you're likely to want, but I fall firmly on the side of the fence that believes open headphones will give you more bang for your buck soundwise than any IEM, save for perhaps high-end custom offerings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back