Darn you, Koss KSC-75!
Feb 26, 2007 at 9:39 PM Post #16 of 42
recabled with canare(sp?) starcable I believe are the ones I have. the ksc75 is a silly good headphone amped. I will try them with my SQ-84 amp soon which should be fairly ridiculous overkill. (the amp is 10 watts per channel as a speaker amp and has one of the best headphone amps I have ever heard.)

Feb 26, 2007 at 9:42 PM Post #17 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by spacemanspliff /img/forum/go_quote.gif
recabled with canare(sp?) starcable I believe are the ones I have. the ksc75 is a silly good headphone amped. I will try them with my SQ-84 amp soon which should be fairly ridiculous overkill. (the amp is 10 watts per channel as a speaker amp and has one of the best headphone amps I have ever heard.)

Is the canare starcable the real skinny stuff? (at least compared to the regular canare starquad cable)

I'd like to have a pair of KSC-75's recabled with some really good copper cable to see if there are any sonic improvements.

Feb 26, 2007 at 9:46 PM Post #18 of 42
i find the ksc75's so enjoyable with a simple muvo and pa2v2... even unamped they sound great. i kinda regret not buying another pair when they had it on amazon for $13 a pair...

Feb 26, 2007 at 9:47 PM Post #19 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by appar111 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is the canare starcable the real skinny stuff? (at least compared to the regular canare starquad cable)

I'd like to have a pair of KSC-75's recabled with some really good copper cable to see if there are any sonic improvements.

i had a pair of KSC35's recabled with Moon Audio Blue Dragon (yep, the stuff they put on the recabled Qualias and GS1000s, i know, overkill) and i kid you not, some ears more discerning than mine preferred them to HF-1s. Including my not-so-discerning ears.
redface.gif

Feb 26, 2007 at 10:00 PM Post #21 of 42
Some of you may remember my PX-100 vs. KSC75 from last week, the Koss easily won the battle for me. Since then I've been using the KSC75 with a shuffle at work and the combo sounds very good considering how small the shuffle is.

...but to my ears there's no way in hell that the KSC75 sounds better than my ER4P. I've tried some of my amps with the KSC75 and it does improve but still not to the level that my ER4P does using my Supermini IV. I use bass boost, +75 Ohms, low gain w/ no crossfeed.

With the ety there's more bass...deeper,tighter,more accurate,etc.(remember I'm using bass boost), more accurate mids and highs with easily more detail. They are much more involving for me. I can say that I hear a very nice improvement with the P>S conversion.

It is a bit silly to compare such an inexpensive open can (I paid $25) to one that costs 7+ times more (and is an IEM), but here we are. It is amazing that the KSC75 can come as close as it does. For me the KSC75 is very fun to listen to, I think the low cost makes it especially exciting-knowing how little I spent.

Like others have noted before...if you don't own the KSC75 and have never heard them, go buy them now . We need a KSC75 smilie.
icon10.gif

Feb 26, 2007 at 10:08 PM Post #22 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by uraflit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i find the ksc75's so enjoyable with a simple muvo and pa2v2... even unamped they sound great. i kinda regret not buying another pair when they had it on amazon for $13 a pair...

That's what they are now, more or less. I've just ordered 5 pairs from eek Technology (via Amazon). The price was $8.69 each plus $18.85 shipping, so $62.30 in total or $12.46 each. For one pair it's $7.85 shipping so your total would be $16.54.

(What am I going to do with 5 pairs? I like to give music-related items to my nieces and nephews for Christmas and their birthdays.)

Feb 27, 2007 at 12:10 AM Post #23 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i had a pair of KSC35's recabled with Moon Audio Blue Dragon (yep, the stuff they put on the recabled Qualias and GS1000s, i know, overkill) and i kid you not, some ears more discerning than mine preferred them to HF-1s. Including my not-so-discerning ears.
redface.gif

I did the same with my KSC75s and my DT880s don't get the same work out as they used to! Over the top???? Nah! Right Jahn?

Feb 27, 2007 at 12:21 AM Post #24 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by kiwirugby /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I did the same with my KSC75s and my DT880s don't get the same work out as they used to! Over the top???? Nah! Right Jahn?

quoted for "nah" truth
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 27, 2007 at 12:25 AM Post #25 of 42
It's weird for me; with even a Jumbo Cryo dock and a Hornet, I find so little difference between the headphone out and the setup that I am a bit sad.
frown.gif

Saves size and space I guess in the long run.

Feb 27, 2007 at 1:18 AM Post #27 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by kuden /img/forum/go_quote.gif
damn these "KSC75 better than most" threads :p how is a person supposed to gear himself to spending 300$+ on headphones\IEM if these 15$ headphones are so good :p
biggrin.gif

easy. you buy the ksc's, pair them up with your source, and RUN LIKE HELL.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Feb 27, 2007 at 11:16 AM Post #29 of 42
i love my ksc-75 too!! they sound great, especially for their price
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 27, 2007 at 12:23 PM Post #30 of 42
About your kenwood amp , i have a Sony RH1 hi-md, it also has a digital amp (one that doesnt have white noise
wink.gif
)anyway i use it with ksc75 , result = amazing detail , so amazing it has exposed all my Mp3s under 192 as crap! I can hear all the artifacts as clear as day now..
Anyway with music encoded at 192+ it sounds sublime!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back