darn ksc55 neckband!
Nov 26, 2004 at 9:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

schwarzenneger

500+ Head-Fier
i've tried like hell to bend the neckband for more comfort with no luck.any advice is welcome for a new guy.
wink.gif

Sep 1, 2005 at 10:46 PM Post #2 of 7
They feel like wearing a cheap pair of sunglasses. I think for me it will just need some thin padding where it pushes in to the head just above the ear. They could have used a softer plastic.

Sep 1, 2005 at 11:35 PM Post #5 of 7
grrr, i have this same problem with some Sony Streetstyles (real old, only use them when doing things where i'm not afraid of them getting stolen/broken/severely beaten up). i eventually just gave up. i will never use any behind-the-head headphones again

Sep 2, 2005 at 3:28 PM Post #6 of 7
I used to wear mine the wrong way around. Upside down for the lack of a better word. If that makes sense.
biggrin.gif
Bass is much better that way - not to mention comfort. I could never wear them properly, much too painful. I have the earlier model which had the weird cord - like a shoelace (!) - and of course it started fraying and I had to send it for a repair. But I've moved up in the headphone ladder since and have no such worries anymore.
wink.gif

Sep 3, 2005 at 1:39 AM Post #7 of 7
Try heating the band as you bend it. I think behind the neck styles are obnoxious too (I wear glasses and they fight for space above my ears) but if you carefully heat up the plastic you want to bend, you can do it. Best way, assuming you're just changing the size and not the angle just where the cups connect, is to boil a pot of water, take it off the stove, and just drop the band part in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back