Darkvoice Figaro?
Apr 21, 2008 at 10:47 PM Post #136 of 166
Have not heard them yet, in the mail.

Apr 30, 2008 at 8:28 PM Post #137 of 166
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's funny, it seems that way if you look at EBay ads, but I emailed Jasmine yesterday to ask about it, and this is what I got back:

I was interested in one myself, had a chat with ZhouLin yesterday and he said they don't make 110V anymore; though, couldn't you just get a 220V and use a power coverter? I'm quite interested in your famous review as well >_<;;

Apr 30, 2008 at 9:21 PM Post #138 of 166
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaoru /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was interested in one myself, had a chat with ZhouLin yesterday and he said they don't make 110V anymore; though, couldn't you just get a 220V and use a power coverter? I'm quite interested in your famous review as well >_<;;

The US version seem to be available on UK's ebay oddly enough. It states 110V version in stock - 2008 Brand New Darkvoice Headphone Tube amp--Figaro on eBay, also Integrated Amplifiers, Amplifiers, Home Audio, Consumer Electronics (end time 27-May-08 15:57:40 BST)

Apr 30, 2008 at 10:36 PM Post #139 of 166
They say it is stock but you email them and they don't have them yet. I have a 220v and I really like it. Have a 500 watt step/down converter to go with it and a PS Audio Punch Power Cable.I have a few sets of tubes for it. Mullards, RCA's, Toshiba's, Amperex, and a few others. To roll tubes only takes a couple of minutes once you get the hang of it.

May 1, 2008 at 11:08 PM Post #141 of 166
Anxiously awaiting for one to arrive in the mail from a fellow head-fier
wink.gif

Hopefully it gets here soon as I have to leave for Vegas in 20 days!!!! I'm also anxious to hear how it stacks against a PPAv2....so anxious....

May 4, 2008 at 9:44 PM Post #142 of 166
Mr Albino Gorilla, they sound completely different. How do you like the syrup on your pancakes? You should have something in the mail shortly after your trip with an assortment of tubes and accessories. Tubes are so more relaxed than SS. When you get back from your vacation you should be in the vibe for tubes. Just relax and let the music play.

May 9, 2008 at 4:50 PM Post #143 of 166
Whohooo! Long weekend and guess what was waiting at home for me to unpack ... yes, my Figaro!
smily_headphones1.gif

Now enjoying Echo Indigo -> DV Figaro -> HD 595 and some nice Thievery Corporation tunes and of course a Martini. Perfect way to start a weekend
biggrin.gif

May 9, 2008 at 9:30 PM Post #145 of 166
Just a quick and short update, the HD 595 sounds good with the Figaro, but my DT 250 - 250 really begin to shine with the Figaro! Seems like a perfect match
smily_headphones1.gif
I have never enjoyed my DT 250 as much as I do right now
smily_headphones1.gif

... and it is not because of too much Martini!
biggrin.gif

May 9, 2008 at 10:19 PM Post #146 of 166
OK, I have been on a tweeking kick. I replaced all the crummy hex bolts on the case. The bottom ones have tops on them so you can tube roll without any tools. the other ones look the same but won't strip. Replaced the IEC male connector with one from Oyaide. The connection just has clips so you can do this in a few seconds. I had the PS Audio Punch Power cable. The cable and connector made a difference each time. Sounding real good lately. Picking up the Iso Clean gold plated fuse this afternoon. Just got some more RCA tubes, they are my favorite at the moment. Have a box full of tubes.

May 9, 2008 at 10:53 PM Post #147 of 166
I've been toying with the idea of trying audiophile quality fuses, but haven't got around to it yet. A good power cord brings real sound improvements, as do better quality tubes. Haven't tried anything beyond the THRONIX 6GV8s and TELEFUNKEN ECL85s, but more 6F3 equivalents are starting to appear on E-Bay.

Had my brother over today. Let him listen to the FIGARO, and to cut a long story short he was well impressed. For a small amp he thought it had a big, dynamic sound. He couldn't believe the price either. Lucky me.
biggrin.gif

May 11, 2008 at 6:08 AM Post #148 of 166
I think I have spent again the price of the amp in tweeks and improvements. And it is OK. New Power Cord, IEC connector, Gold plated fuse, New bolts/ with caps to tube roll without a tool. and tubes galore. OH yeah the Step UP/ DOWN transformer. This amp has been really fun to play with. The amp I have now is a completely different animal. What has everybody else done to tweek this amp?

May 11, 2008 at 9:54 AM Post #149 of 166
Could you post pics of the internals and maybe put together a list with the parts you replaced/modified?
smily_headphones1.gif

May 11, 2008 at 6:36 PM Post #150 of 166
Give me a little bit since it is Mothers Day. I will dig out my receipts to get the right sizes for the bolts. 2 different sizes and colors of bolts. And see all the tubes I have. Man, I just noticed I have a lot of stuff for this amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back