Darkvoice 336 arrived in 110 voltage.
Jul 30, 2006 at 11:00 PM Post #451 of 823
Last time we heard, it was still $310. Refer to the first post for distributor contact info.

Tubes the Darkvoice 336 uses:
* Signal: 6N8P, 6H8c, 6SN7, CV181
* Driver: 6N5P, 6H5C, 6080, 6AS7
I have not listened to the LDII+.
Quote:

Originally Posted by davve
how much cost the darkvoice 336 now?
what tubes are in it? better than LD2+? where can i buy it?

Aug 2, 2006 at 7:52 AM Post #452 of 823
So does anyone have any new tuberolling impressions to report?

I'm planning on buying a bunch of NOS 6SN7's & 6AS7's over the coming weeks.
cool.gif

Aug 2, 2006 at 8:20 AM Post #453 of 823
Quote:

Originally Posted by SonicDawg
As for the ground loop problem, do you think I can just get a ground loop isolator from radioshack? The price sure doesn't break the bank, though I will have second thought about SQ...

Hi SD

I've been following your ground loop problem and I have a question. Since you are connected optically to the Zhaolu, the ground loop must be between the Zhaolu and the amp, right? What happens if you go analog from your source straight to the amp? Does the buzz disappear?

Regards

USG

Aug 2, 2006 at 10:18 PM Post #454 of 823
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bosk
So does anyone have any new tuberolling impressions to report?

I'm planning on buying a bunch of NOS 6SN7's & 6AS7's over the coming weeks.
cool.gif

I really liked what I heard from the metal-base Sylvania 6SN7W, but haven't done any extensive comparisons yet. Right now I'm stocking up on 6AS7s from different manufacturers to see how they compare. I've been less than impressed with the RCA 6AS7Gs, but they're widely available for cheap. I had a couple GE 6AS7Gs arrive today (thats 6AS7G, not the more common GE 6AS7GA), that I'm going to give a try tonight.

On a different note, two of my parts orders arrived today
biggrin.gif

Got all my low-wattage resistors, a new switch for the crossfeed, the Alps pot, and the new knob. The knob is identical in size to the stock one and actually looks pretty similar, but just looks nicer all around. It's a lot shinier too
very_evil_smiley.gif

Aug 3, 2006 at 1:14 AM Post #455 of 823
Quote:

Originally Posted by upstateguy
Hi SD

I've been following your ground loop problem and I have a question. Since you are connected optically to the Zhaolu, the ground loop must be between the Zhaolu and the amp, right? What happens if you go analog from your source straight to the amp? Does the buzz disappear?

Regards

USG

Upstateguy:

Actually, after a while of fumbling and fiddling, I found out that the hum just went away on its own, and ruled out the possibility of a ground loop problem. So no hum for me
biggrin.gif

Aug 3, 2006 at 2:11 AM Post #457 of 823
Quote:

Originally Posted by echo1
Whats wrong with this picture?
12sn7pictureoc4.jpg

Also is there a 12.6 volt equivelent for the 6as7g 0r 6080?

You left the front panel off. And the 12SN7 isn't shiny enough.
tongue.gif

Aug 3, 2006 at 2:50 AM Post #462 of 823
Quote:

I was wrong. It sounds horrible!!!DC voltage causes a voltage reciprication that leads to total disentrigation of all voltage spikes causing power plant failure and a nuclear plant meltdown. Do not do this Mod!!!The feds will come looking for you!!!
Do not bid on 12sn7's on ebay!!!!

And remember Amp kiddies dont try this at home. I am a expert.
12sn7pictureoc4.jpg

Aug 3, 2006 at 4:23 AM Post #463 of 823
Quote:

And I think the tube flash is plenty shiny
very_evil_smiley.gif
enough.

Once I polish up the base on the 6SN7W, I'll show you what shiny is
very_evil_smiley.gif

The getter flash on it is enormous

Aug 3, 2006 at 4:51 AM Post #464 of 823
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitz
I really liked what I heard from the metal-base Sylvania 6SN7W, but haven't done any extensive comparisons yet. Right now I'm stocking up on 6AS7s from different manufacturers to see how they compare. I've been less than impressed with the RCA 6AS7Gs, but they're widely available for cheap. I had a couple GE 6AS7Gs arrive today (thats 6AS7G, not the more common GE 6AS7GA), that I'm going to give a try tonight.

I have the impression that pretty much all of the 6SN7 tubes with the 'W' suffix are worth trying, as it indicates they were made to some kind of stricter military specifications. (better sound in other words)

I'm still trying to get a hold of a Chatham 6AS7 myself, I have discovered recently that Chatham Electronics was actually a division of Tung-Sol- perhaps that's why that sound so good?

Congratulations on taking delivery of those parts, I know I can't wait for your impressions of the difference they make.

Aug 3, 2006 at 1:06 PM Post #465 of 823
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bosk
I have the impression that pretty much all of the 6SN7 tubes with the 'W' suffix are worth trying, as it indicates they were made to some kind of stricter military specifications. (better sound in other words)

But I absolutely hate the Sylvania 6SN7WGT.
redface.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back