Darkvoice 336 arrived in 110 voltage.
Jul 13, 2006 at 10:45 PM Post #286 of 823
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitz
It's worked fine with low impedance Audio-Technica's and Sony's. Don't know if anyone's specifically run Grado's on them, but it has no problem putting out a lot of current.

Nice...thanks for the response.

I'm going to be anxiously awaiting a review of how they do with RS-1's, and also, what the deal is with the whole 336i version.

Hopefully we can get some direct comparisons with a PPX and Woo3...and whatever other tube amps it might compete with from a quality standpoint.

Jul 14, 2006 at 5:21 AM Post #287 of 823
Quote:

Originally Posted by swt61
Seriously though, I prefer the Darkvoice over the M3 for the K340's, by a fair margin, but that's only my preference.

This is the most fearful words I have heard
very_evil_smiley.gif

Oh man, I sure miss tubes.... Looks like I need to head out to FS forum for some cashing in...

Jul 14, 2006 at 6:36 AM Post #288 of 823
Now I need to sit back and wait. Perhaps I can waste more time by learning to spend more money on the tubes...

Jul 14, 2006 at 6:42 AM Post #289 of 823
Quote:

Originally Posted by roy_jones
Nice...thanks for the response.

I'm going to be anxiously awaiting a review of how they do with RS-1's, and also, what the deal is with the whole 336i version.

Hopefully we can get some direct comparisons with a PPX and Woo3...and whatever other tube amps it might compete with from a quality standpoint.

ditto

Jul 14, 2006 at 7:12 AM Post #290 of 823
Great news, Jian Liu notified me today that my Darkvoice 336i has shipped and ought to reach me by the middle of next week!
cool.gif
wink.gif
biggrin.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jul 14, 2006 at 9:16 AM Post #291 of 823
Quote:

The crate is about 11" x 11" x 18". The amp is about 12" deep, 7" tall w/ tubes installed and about 6" wide.

That definitely wont fit in my suitcase
frown.gif

Thanks!

Do you think it's well packaged enough to withstand airport check in baggage?

If I open the crate, can I close it easily? Or do I need nails and stuff...

Jul 14, 2006 at 9:59 AM Post #292 of 823
Quote:

Great news, Jian Liu notified me today that my Darkvoice 336i has shipped and ought to reach me by the middle of next week!

I'v very pleased with my 336, but I can't wait to for reports about the 336i

Jul 14, 2006 at 11:22 AM Post #293 of 823
Quote:

Originally Posted by KevC
That definitely wont fit in my suitcase
frown.gif

Thanks!

Do you think it's well packaged enough to withstand airport check in baggage?

If I open the crate, can I close it easily? Or do I need nails and stuff...

Yes it should withstand airport baggage gorillas. No you'll never get it open without destroying the crate. Leave it packed and wait 'til you get home.

Jul 14, 2006 at 11:25 AM Post #294 of 823
Quote:

Originally Posted by DennyL
I'v very pleased with my 336, but I can't wait to for reports about the 336i

Yeah me too. You will open it up for us won't you Bosk? It's quite easy, all the screws are at the bottom.

Jul 14, 2006 at 3:16 PM Post #295 of 823
Quote:

Yeah me too. You will open it up for us won't you Bosk? It's quite easy, all the screws are at the bottom.

Yup, I'll be happy to post some pics of it's innards, I'm as curious as everyone else to see how the interior structure has changed since the 336 version.

Speaking of changes, I was just sent this message from Jian Liu which throws further light on things:

Hi,
Difference between the 336 and 336i:

1. The Outlook of 336i is improved:
-Painting is replaced by a better brand in best quality.
-The label is replaced by stainless steel which is more stable.
-The hand work is improved so that the tiny gap is invisible. The
appearance is therefore more elegant and finer.
2. Inside packing is harder and stronger:
-To better protect the important part, i.e. the electric output part,
double strong hard material is used to ensure a safer transport, which also
increases the cost.

Best regards,
JianLiu

Thanks for keeping us informed Jian Liu.
cool.gif

EDIT: 300th post! woot!!
biggrin.gif

Jul 14, 2006 at 8:04 PM Post #296 of 823
Well if they're improving esthetics, it must be over the top because I think it's really nice looking already. I'm guessing he's talking about stainless steal for the nameplate on top of the amp. It's really nice to see that they're consistantly refining this great little amp. Sounds like you'll have a sweet amp Bosk.

Jul 14, 2006 at 8:53 PM Post #297 of 823
How much time does this amp requires to warm up? I ask because if there's one thing I wouldn't like is having to wait an hour or so for it to warm up every time I'm going to use it.

Thanks.

Jul 14, 2006 at 10:29 PM Post #298 of 823
Quote:

Originally Posted by hyamaiata
How much time does this amp requires to warm up? I ask because if there's one thing I wouldn't like is having to wait an hour or so for it to warm up every time I'm going to use it.

Thanks.

Any tube amp is going to require warming up for a decent bit of time before it sounds its best, but you can use it about a minute after turning it on.

Jul 15, 2006 at 12:20 AM Post #299 of 823
Add one to team China-fi!!!

Oh great, now I will have to wait two weeks for this amp to show up. And since I have just shipped out my M3, I will have nothing to listen to, but my PX100
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

I hope this is not too rash a decision, or else I will hold swt61 completely responsible for his swaying words, lol. Meanwhiles, what are some great tubes that I can start getting that match well with K340?

Jul 15, 2006 at 12:57 AM Post #300 of 823
What did I start here?When will I drop off the front page of amplification?Am I famous? Is this my 10 minutes of fame?Will I be lost to obscurity?Have I allready been delegated there?Only time will tell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back