Darkvoice 336 arrived in 110 voltage.
Oct 28, 2006 at 6:45 PM Post #691 of 823
I haven't forgotten the tremendous work Echo1 did in buying the first DarkVoice on these forums.

Oct 28, 2006 at 6:49 PM Post #692 of 823
Quote:

Originally Posted by DennyL
I haven't forgotten the tremendous work Echo1 did in buying the first DarkVoice on these forums.

He bought the 4th
very_evil_smiley.gif

But he was the 1st to find the current dealer.

Oct 29, 2006 at 1:31 AM Post #693 of 823
Atlanta seems to be where the Darkvoice discoverers hail from. I know Fitz and aznsensazian have had theirs for quite some time. aznsensazian's comments on the synergy with his K340's prompted me to look into buying one. Echo1 made the process effortless.

Oct 29, 2006 at 2:52 AM Post #695 of 823
I remember reading (on the Audioasylum forum) that the Sovtek/Svetlana 6as7 tubes (current production) are actually a better tube for a power application than the old NOS (6as7); to find more details, do a search on that site. This may have been related to performance, not necessarily sonics. As compared to the 6080, I am not sure. In reading posts related to other amps, I have heard the same that has been reported (at least once) on this string: swapping the power tube will not make as much of a sonic difference as the preamp tube.

I plan to pick up a couple of variants to experiment w/the power tube, at some point, but it's not high on my priority list. I am running a Sovtek 6as7.

Oct 29, 2006 at 6:17 AM Post #696 of 823
Quote:

Originally Posted by swt61
Atlanta seems to be where the Darkvoice discoverers hail from. I know Fitz and aznsensazian have had theirs for quite some time. aznsensazian's comments on the synergy with his K340's prompted me to look into buying one. Echo1 made the process effortless.

Listening to Minh's Darkvoice at the Atlanta meet (back in April?) is what prompted me to hunt down and buy my own Darkvoice and sell my Aria. It wasn't enough to really win me over for the K340, though.
evil_smiley.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nugget
So which one of you is responsible for driving up the price?!
tongue.gif

Surely not me! I only drove up the price of my own Darkvoice.
tongue.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLCanhead
I remember reading (on the Audioasylum forum) that the Sovtek/Svetlana 6as7 tubes (current production) are actually a better tube for a power application than the old NOS (6as7); to find more details, do a search on that site. This may have been related to performance, not necessarily sonics. As compared to the 6080, I am not sure. In reading posts related to other amps, I have heard the same that has been reported (at least once) on this string: swapping the power tube will not make as much of a sonic difference as the preamp tube.

I plan to pick up a couple of variants to experiment w/the power tube, at some point, but it's not high on my priority list. I am running a Sovtek 6as7.

From my understanding, the 6H13Cs and new production 6AS7s are more reliable and have slightly higher limits than NOS 6AS7s, but it's not really an issue with the Darkvoice since it it's not running the power tube anywhere near full capacity.

Oct 29, 2006 at 6:43 AM Post #697 of 823
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitz
Listening to Minh's Darkvoice at the Atlanta meet (back in April?) is what prompted me to hunt down and buy my own Darkvoice and sell my Aria. It wasn't enough to really win me over for the K340, though.
evil_smiley.gif

Surely not me! I only drove up the price of my own Darkvoice.
tongue.gif

From my understanding, the 6H13Cs and new production 6AS7s are more reliable and have slightly higher limits than NOS 6AS7s, but it's not really an issue with the Darkvoice since it it's not running the power tube anywhere near full capacity.

This is what I remember, from Audioasylum (concerning the new production 6as7s). Thank you for the clarification (and how it applies to the Darkvoice).

Oct 30, 2006 at 1:10 AM Post #698 of 823
Alright, I snagged a cheap tube tester off fleabay, so I should have it by the end of the week. If all goes well with it I'll get my tubes tested and available for you guys next weekend.

Nov 2, 2006 at 12:42 AM Post #699 of 823
Okay shmokey. El Cheapo tester seems to be working as expected, so I'll sort out the tubes into: strong, decent, and GARBAGE. I dunno if I'll get far enough checking tonight to post an ad up yet though, since for each tube I have to first test that it's still good enough to use, then check it for noise/distortion in my own amp (sorry, can't check for hum with my amp anymore), then take pictures of it. And I have a lot of tubes to do this for.
tongue.gif

Nov 2, 2006 at 1:06 AM Post #700 of 823
Ya well I havent chimed in to this forum thread for awhile now.Howes everyone doin?
Liken your Darkvoices?Yes?
I spent a good part of a day researchin to find a seller and it seems to have worked well.I would call and ask"can you speak Engish" and got hung up on untill I got to Jain.Its been a fun ride though. Little hard on the wallet.But there even selling them back on Ebay now.
So whos going to buy the 337?

Nov 17, 2006 at 5:52 PM Post #702 of 823
I just ordered one of these from the seller on french eBay. should be here by the end of next week.
580smile.gif

Nov 18, 2006 at 7:19 PM Post #703 of 823
I just ordered a 336i from Jian Liu so that I have something to listen to until my Heed CanAmp arrives (sometime in January I believe). I've never owned a tube amp before (aside from my guitar amp) so maybe I'll actually like this more than the Heed. I'm only going to keep the one I like best, so either a CanAmp or Darkvoice will be in the F/S forums...well...in January...

Where's a good place to get a power cable for the 110v? (not looking for anything fancy at the moment...I just want it powered)

Nov 18, 2006 at 9:09 PM Post #704 of 823
Obviously... all of us, who are "vicarious headfiles," will certainly, be anxiously anticipating you're comparative perspective on the two...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dhw /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just ordered a 336i from Jian Liu so that I have something to listen to until my Heed CanAmp arrives (sometime in January I believe). I've never owned a tube amp before (aside from my guitar amp) so maybe I'll actually like this more than the Heed. I'm only going to keep the one I like best, so either a CanAmp or Darkvoice will be in the F/S forums...well...in January...

Where's a good place to get a power cable for the 110v? (not looking for anything fancy at the moment...I just want it powered)

Nov 18, 2006 at 9:16 PM Post #705 of 823
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dhw /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Any place that sells electronics should have one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back