Darkest Desires Part V
Mar 28, 2007 at 9:52 PM Post #1,786 of 2,645
Quote:

Originally Posted by roadtonowhere08 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have the demos and all that, not all that good, so I went for the insanely reasonable $10.99 shipped pre-order. God, I love The End...

I love what they carry, but I was quite put off by their attitude, and lackluster customer support when I ordered the Special Edition of Ghost Reveries. I sent a mail in on a Thursday, go no response, sent another on Sunday. Got a snotty response back on a Tuesday about how they were way for the weekend. That rubbed me the wrong way.

Mar 28, 2007 at 10:29 PM Post #1,787 of 2,645
Quote:

Originally Posted by scottder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I love what they carry, but I was quite put off by their attitude, and lackluster customer support when I ordered the Special Edition of Ghost Reveries. I sent a mail in on a Thursday, go no response, sent another on Sunday. Got a snotty response back on a Tuesday about how they were way for the weekend. That rubbed me the wrong way.

I picked up the CD/DVD version of Ghost Reveries in cool 3 panel digipak for $6.99 at yourmusic.com, selling old CD version.

Mar 28, 2007 at 10:37 PM Post #1,788 of 2,645
Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkAngel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I picked up the CD/DVD version of Ghost Reveries in cool 3 panel digipak for $6.99 at yourmusic.com, selling old CD version.

Great deal! At the time The End was promoting autographed copies, but the supply was more limited then they originally thought.

Oh well, still glad I got it.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 29, 2007 at 2:57 AM Post #1,789 of 2,645
Quote:

Originally Posted by scottder /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Wow, that seems very uncharacteristic of them. Recently, I preordered something and picked the wrong shipping address. I notified them, and they quickly fixed it. Perhaps, your problem was one of the very few that slipped through the cracks. Unfortunately, it was a rather important problem... we are talking about Opeth sigs here...

Mar 29, 2007 at 3:32 AM Post #1,790 of 2,645
Quote:

Originally Posted by roadtonowhere08 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow, that seems very uncharacteristic of them. Recently, I preordered something and picked the wrong shipping address. I notified them, and they quickly fixed it. Perhaps, your problem was one of the very few that slipped through the cracks. Unfortunately, it was a rather important problem... we are talking about Opeth sigs here...

It wasn't even the sigs, they offered people refunds if they were unhappy with the fact that they got a copy with no sigs. It was the huge amount of attitude I got from them when they finally decided to answer my email after a 4 day weekend.

Mar 29, 2007 at 6:24 AM Post #1,791 of 2,645
The new Virgin Black album has graced my ears. You guys are going to love it
orphsmile.gif

Watch out especially for Domine.

I won't reveal impressions until after the gig though, apart from the fact that the production is fantastic; the levels are alot more balanced (the guitars sound MASSIVE still however
wink.gif
), there is punch, dynamics and headroom :p
The classical sections on this particular CD won't sound as good as on the Pianissimo CD I don't think but they're not meant to, they give off a very eerie and creepy feeling in some sections.

Mar 30, 2007 at 12:42 AM Post #1,792 of 2,645
Quote:

Originally Posted by Enverxis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The new Virgin Black album has graced my ears. You guys are going to love it
orphsmile.gif

Watch out especially for Domine.

I won't reveal impressions until after the gig though, apart from the fact that the production is fantastic; the levels are alot more balanced (the guitars sound MASSIVE still however
wink.gif
), there is punch, dynamics and headroom :p
The classical sections on this particular CD won't sound as good as on the Pianissimo CD I don't think but they're not meant to, they give off a very eerie and creepy feeling in some sections.

Aghhh, the wait is KILLING me. Good thing my copy has shipped today. I expect it either Saturday or Monday (hopefully Saturday
very_evil_smiley.gif
). All of what you said is good news to me. I have a feeling this will be a masterpiece, or at least part of one. The note on the production is very good news. I have always loved their production.

I can't wait for my copy and your concert experience...

PS. I pre-ordered Moonsorrow's V: Havitetty while I was perusing The End for those who were waiting for the green light...

Apr 1, 2007 at 4:10 PM Post #1,797 of 2,645
have any of you guys heard of puissance? just wondering what the general opinion of them is...i stumbled upon them and i like them a lot, i also stumbled upon other stuff, but i don't feel like reading 90 pages, at least not now

Apr 2, 2007 at 3:23 PM Post #1,798 of 2,645
Mezzo Forte is fantastic. Can't wait to get the actual cd hopefully today or tomorrow.

Apr 2, 2007 at 9:06 PM Post #1,799 of 2,645
Well, I was right, I now have Virgin Black - Requiem: Mezzo Forte in my hands. Along with a sticker of the cover from The End Records.

Apr 2, 2007 at 11:56 PM Post #1,800 of 2,645
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrFaust /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, I was right, I now have Virgin Black - Requiem: Mezzo Forte in my hands. Along with a sticker of the cover from The End Records.

Ditto, got my official copy today as well. I have been listening to it for the past four days, and I must say that this is so far, by far, the album of the year. Absolutely insanely great album. Every track is epic, monumental, and extremely emotional. Virgin Black represents the absolute pinnacle of what happens when extremely talented musicians blend metal, opera, and classical together. I honestly cannot say enough about this album. As soon as more people get this album, I eagerly await their detailed impressions and thoughts. I have so much to say about this album...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back