Darkest Desires Part V
Mar 20, 2007 at 2:40 PM Post #1,771 of 2,645
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nacher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Finnish tabloids are now celebrating Vibeke Stene as the new Nightwish vocalist. It's still a rumour and unconfirmed, but it sounds like an interesting turn for Nightwish. Maybe they will ditch those Evanescene-influences now?

Good news for Nightwish fans.........couldn't get a better replacement, trouble is I am not a big fan and was hoping for some type of collaboration with Morten Veland to recapture the early Tristania magic.......
Financially probably more money with Nightwish but artistically pretty basic stuff

I was able to quickly order a copy of Swallow the Sun - Hope before The End ran out, now I just need them to get new Therion and Moonsorrow
(yes Hope was briefly for sale Friday afternoon)

Mar 20, 2007 at 3:16 PM Post #1,772 of 2,645
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nacher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Finnish tabloids are now celebrating Vibeke Stene as the new Nightwish vocalist. It's still a rumour and unconfirmed, but it sounds like an interesting turn for Nightwish. Maybe they will ditch those Evanescene-influences now?

Yeah read that earlier at Sonic Cathedral, would be nice if it was true.

Mar 20, 2007 at 6:23 PM Post #1,773 of 2,645
Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkAngel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was able to quickly order a copy of Swallow the Sun - Hope before The End ran out, now I just need them to get new Therion and Moonsorrow
(yes Hope was briefly for sale Friday afternoon)

FYI: Marduk has a new release for 4/1/07, and the talking heads (not the band) seem to be impressed.

Edit:

Also, the End has 12% off some nice titles under the “Specials” heading.

Mar 20, 2007 at 8:07 PM Post #1,775 of 2,645
Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkAngel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Swallow the Sun - Hope
This is still available at The End.........do what must be done

I'd make an order from The End but I need to upgrade the PC and save for Virgin Black/Arcturus and Lisa Gerrard gigs.

Mar 21, 2007 at 12:19 AM Post #1,776 of 2,645
Quote:

Originally Posted by Enverxis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Fear not Americans though, The End Records will set things straight over there, Matt I dare say there will be a show near you
tongue.gif
I hope you get to see them.

Oh I WILL be there. Nothing will get in my way. By the way, let us know every last ounce of detail that went on at their show. I think it would be awesome if they did a DVD of the tour...

One thing that is odd: there is nothing about their album on The End's website to indicate any pre-order. After all the cool stuff they did for Agalloch, VB should get the same.

I got Hope just to support the band. I managed to get a .flac of the album, but I like having the real thing.

I also managed to get Descent Productions' website to finally work. Ikuinen Kaamos - The Forlorn for 15 Euros shipped is not too bad for an otherwise obscure album.

Mar 21, 2007 at 5:02 AM Post #1,777 of 2,645
Quote:

Originally Posted by roadtonowhere08 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I also managed to get Descent Productions' website to finally work. Ikuinen Kaamos - The Forlorn for 15 Euros shipped is not too bad for an otherwise obscure album.

Yeah I've payed more than that for stuff, my Skepticism Tribute CD cost that much although the pre-order doesn't ship til june

Here's another Australian Metal gem for you guys.

One CD I have been enjoying recently is Alchemist - Organasm.
Alchemist are an Australian Progressive Metal band, I bought this CD from The End Records (they're on the Relapse label). They have a ****ing great atmosphere too. I haven't really heard any metal that sounds like this. I can't really describe the album that much, it's really Psychedelic though.
Alchemist%20-%20Organasm.jpg

Cover art is a great representation of the music, that is what it sounds like!
tongue.gif

The vocals are clean but they're not ... beautiful, they're kind of gruff and Aussie
biggrin.gif
and he does a really good high pitched scream (which he only uses when needed), beats the hell out of anything in Black Metal scream I've heard.
Samples Page
Nacher will like this, although everyone should at least give it a go.
They also have a great transition from heavy to clean parts in the songs as well.

Mar 21, 2007 at 6:42 PM Post #1,778 of 2,645
Guys, have a look at this if you already haven't.

Will give you some serious insight and understanding into Virgin Black.

Mar 22, 2007 at 3:49 AM Post #1,780 of 2,645
Great find!
Even from the low-fi sound of a camcorder you can still tell that Rohan would be an experience to see live ... 9 more days!!
biggrin.gif

I also found out kind of why one of the band members left, the drummer was getting married so I guess he couldn't commit anymore ? (mightn't have been the actual though)

Mar 22, 2007 at 4:43 AM Post #1,781 of 2,645
Quote:

Great find!
Even from the low-fi sound of a camcorder you can still tell that Rohan would be an experience to see live ... 9 more days!!
biggrin.gif

I also found out kind of why one of the band members left, the drummer was getting married so I guess he couldn't commit anymore ? (mightn't have been the actual though)

PM sent, you lucky turd...

Hope they come around here. I also wish they had more of a merchandise thing going, I would LOVE to get a signed promo photo of them to add to my small collection. Already have Sabbath, Opeth, and Dream Theater. VB and The Gathering are on my wishlist...

Mar 24, 2007 at 1:51 PM Post #1,783 of 2,645
Quote:

http://www.theomegaorder.com/s.nl/it...=10&category=2

Pre-Order for VB - Mezzo-Forte is now availible through The End. Nacher may want to opt for European edition with bonus disc of demo songs.

Since the CD is released on The End record label don't see any need to pre-order since there will be ample stock..........love the cover artwork and low price.

But now the dilema.........if I buy the sperate CDs then will there be nice box set released with cool packaging and reduced price later?

Mar 24, 2007 at 2:33 PM Post #1,784 of 2,645
Yeah that's the problem. Regardless I'm going to get a single copy anyway just so I can listen to it, and if a ltd edition / box set comes out I'll grab that as well.

Mar 24, 2007 at 4:25 PM Post #1,785 of 2,645
Quote:

http://www.theomegaorder.com/s.nl/it...=10&category=2

Pre-Order for VB - Mezzo-Forte is now availible through The End. Nacher may want to opt for European edition with bonus disc of demo songs.

I have the demos and all that, not all that good, so I went for the insanely reasonable $10.99 shipped pre-order. God, I love The End...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back