Darkest Desires PART IV
Sep 13, 2004 at 2:30 PM Post #586 of 1,001
I have a couple Dimmu Borgir T-shirts, an Old Mans Child, and a couple COF and COB. I'm a T-shirt nut.
biggrin.gif

Some of the COF shirts are very rude (not the ones I have), I've been tempted to get one of the more objectionable ones just to aggravate the Christians I work with.
very_evil_smiley.gif

DA I wish I could find another source for some of the stuff I see at CD Baby. I was quite surprised to find Grannies used in Boise.

Sep 13, 2004 at 9:14 PM Post #589 of 1,001
Finaly bothered to listen Trollheims Grott - Bloodsoaked & Ill-fated
Excelent CD. If you arent familiar with this small but very personal band, its style is BM with some industrial stuff. Resembles littlebit newer ...and Oceans

And best shirt is of course from Devil Doll That is the backside, front has few diffrent picture options. Its best because only real fan can read te Devil doll text, and that way you get to nice conversations. Either with oter fans, or with people who are intressed. I presonaly like the Virgin blades variant best.

Sep 14, 2004 at 1:43 PM Post #590 of 1,001
Amon Amarth - Fate of Norms
What has happened to AA?
After reading rave reviews on web I was expecting nothing but great things here, unfortuantely new album a step down in all respects to previous album "vs world" Vocal style and music are now very average sounding, may have something to do with recording technique, but still can't escape the fact that this is just OK sounding and for me a borderline sell candidate. Will play again in a couple weeks and make final decision. (looks like a sell for now)

I even had to play "vs world" again to make sure I wasn't imagining things, unfortunately for new album it is much better work, not sure what happened to AA but I am disappointed.

Sep 15, 2004 at 1:13 AM Post #592 of 1,001
Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkAngel
COF - Nymphetmine (can someone promise me this won't suk?)

I've hear a bit of this.....I think it's better than Damnation .... as good as the older stuff. No

I've been watching Headbangers Ball, I like seeing the vids for the bands....but the host has all the personality of a piece of formica.

Scott

Sep 15, 2004 at 1:28 AM Post #593 of 1,001
Quote:

Originally Posted by scottder
I've hear a bit of this.....I think it's better than Damnation .... as good as the older stuff. No

I've been watching Headbangers Ball, I like seeing the vids for the bands....but the host has all the personality of a piece of formica.

Scott

ack! I can not stand Empty-V.

There got to be something better on TV than that. Also, you should think about collecting Metal DVDs, there are a lot of there and they are pretty damn cool. I have a few.

Sep 15, 2004 at 2:17 AM Post #594 of 1,001
Quote:

Scott

Well KR is right that MTV-2 sux, but HBB show is pretty good and I do try to watch it if possible. They don't show much black metal though, mostly death metal or nu-metal posers.

Yes the VJ for HBB is no good.......I would much rather have Julia from FUSE Uranium or even bring back Riki Rackman for some deja vu.

I have ordered a new B/B candidate: EPICA - Phantom Agony
Read somewhere recently that this is good stuff......will file report soon.

Epica

Sep 15, 2004 at 2:38 AM Post #595 of 1,001
Quote:

Well KR is right that MTV-2 sux, but HBB show is pretty good and I do try to watch it if possible. They don't show much black metal though, mostly death metal or nu-metal posers.

Yes the VJ for HBB is no good.......I would much rather have Julia from FUSE Uranium or even bring back Riki Rachman for some deja vu.

Epica

For what it is worth, I really like Epica.
I think the vocals are nicely done and the album has an overall solid production.

Sep 15, 2004 at 9:49 AM Post #596 of 1,001
Quote:

Originally Posted by diogenes
For what it is worth, I really like Epica.
I think the vocals are nicely done and the album has an overall solid production.

What other CDs do you have like this? Always looking for any quality B/B (beauty/beast style) work like Tristania, Theatre of Tragedy etc.

The male vocals in Epica are from the same guy that is in After Forever, the red headed vixen I've not heard of before this album. They have nice website for new group.
cool.gif

MAYHEM - Chimera
ET was right, this is good stuff! Much better than new Amon Amarth just mentioned above especially in vocals dept. Will not say that Chimera is better than Dom Sathanas (which is more evil, sinister and Tr00) but they are different style now. This is also much better than Grand Declaration album, but that's not saying much
tongue.gif

Did I mention I have special Chimera digipak that folds out 4 panels.......cool.

If I were to compare Chimera's style to something I say it is similar to Immortal Sons of Northern Darkness. I think ET mentioned that drums are prominent in the mix and pound away like a savage hell beast. Soon ET will have his Wolf's Lair Abyss LP and he will have the best of Mayhem to date.

Sep 15, 2004 at 1:41 PM Post #597 of 1,001
Quote:

I love my Tivo...I just set HBB to record, watched the most recent one with Dave Mustaine, good stuff. Cool to see all the old videos too. I am a fan of Megadeth from way back, glad to see them coming back.

Quote:

Yes the VJ for HBB is no good.......I would much rather have Julia from FUSE Uranium or even bring back Riki Rackman for some deja vu.

Epica

Let me know what you think, haven't had a good B/B binge in a while.

Sott

PS - I listened to Candlemass - Epicus Doomicus Metallicus....not my cup of tea but I can see why others like it.

PPS - I am liking Lamb of God's new album. I coudn't resist for $9.99 at Target..

Sep 15, 2004 at 1:42 PM Post #598 of 1,001
Quote:

Amon Amarth - Fate of Norms
What has happened to AA?
After reading rave reviews on web I was expecting nothing but great things here, unfortuantely new album a step down in all respects to previous album "vs world" Vocal style and music are now very average sounding, may have something to do with recording technique, but still can't escape the fact that this is just OK sounding and for me a borderline sell candidate. Will play again in a couple weeks and make final decision. (looks like a sell for now)

I even had to play "vs world" again to make sure I wasn't imagining things, unfortunately for new album it is much better work, not sure what happened to AA but I am disappointed.

WOW, I am glad that Fate is my first AA album. I really like it. But, I don't know how they sounded in previous albums. When I first got this I also got Carnal Forge and that day I liked Carnal Forge better. Now it is reversed, I like the Aman CD better.

I listened to a couple interesting CDs yesterday. Arcturus - Aspera Heims and Venom - In League With Satan. I didn't listen to much of the Venom compilation but what I heard I liked. Arcturus is very good, I will have to give them more attention.

Sep 15, 2004 at 1:47 PM Post #599 of 1,001
Quote:

PS - I listened to Candlemass - Epicus Doomicus Metallicus....not my cup of tea but I can see why others like it.

I do not like that album as well, they didn't get good until they got rid of that songer and made Nightfall. Now that album is a masterpiece of doom!

Sep 15, 2004 at 1:54 PM Post #600 of 1,001
Quote:

Originally Posted by KR...
I do not like that album as well, they didn't get good until they got rid of that songer and made Nightfall. Now that album is a masterpiece of doom!

Hmm if I see it cheap I may pick it up, maybe Doom just isn't for me.

Scott

Users who are viewing this thread

Back