Darkest Desires PART IV
Sep 10, 2004 at 11:39 PM Post #571 of 1,001
Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkAngel
Grim Kvlt Norse BM:
MASSEMORD - Obscura Symphonica + Skogen Kaller
SATANIC WARMASTER - Black Katharsis EP + Opferblut (from e-bay)

Followed KR's suggestion and placed order at blackmetal.com
very_evil_smiley.gif

Also from Evil Music ordered:
GRAVELAND - Fire of Awakening + Creed of Iron (got tired of waiting)

I heard that those SW eps are not as good as the Album that I have
plainface.gif
Some reviews even said they kind of sucked
frown.gif

Why didn't you just get the album?

Graveland will never be sold at The End for oblivious reasons so you did good
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 11, 2004 at 1:45 AM Post #572 of 1,001
Quote:

Originally Posted by KR...
I heard that those SW eps are not as good as the Album that I have
plainface.gif
Some reviews even said they kind of sucked
frown.gif

Why didn't you just get the album?
Graveland will never be sold at The End for oblivious reasons so you did good
smily_headphones1.gif

Ha, if only it were that easy. There is no store I can find that sells SW "strength and honor" there is one for sale at e-bay for big bucks!
SW

Opferblut is actually a full album:
Opferblut
Also very hard to find but I did locate one at a decent price. The samples for SW Black Katharsis sound cool to me, as do both MASSEMORD albums from blackmetal.com

Sep 11, 2004 at 2:14 AM Post #573 of 1,001
Quote:

Ha, if only it were that easy. There is no store I can find that sells SW "strength and honor" there is one for sale at e-bay for big bucks!
SW

Opferblut is actually a full album:
Opferblut
Also very hard to find but I did locate one at a decent price. The samples for SW Black Katharsis sound cool to me, as do both MASSEMORD albums from blackmetal.com

fair enough, I hope they work out for you.

Speaking of old school, have you ever heard of Vlad Tepes and Moonblood? I have a few of their albums, just amazing stuff! Though they got a bad rap for being Black metal fanboy's favorite bands with their CDs going for $100's on ebay for dumbasses who wanted to be tr00
wink.gif

Now you can buy them cheap
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 11, 2004 at 12:37 PM Post #574 of 1,001
Quote:

Speaking of old school, have you ever heard of Vlad Tepes and Moonblood? I have a few of their albums, just amazing stuff! Though they got a bad rap for being Black metal fanboy's favorite bands with their CDs going for $100's on ebay for dumbasses who wanted to be tr00
wink.gif

Now you can buy them cheap
smily_headphones1.gif

Yes I have heard of them.........but do you have a place to buy them now?
I can't recall ever seeing them for sale anywhere, but have heard thier names mentioned in discussions.

NP: GORGOROTH - Under the Sign of Hell

Sep 11, 2004 at 1:22 PM Post #575 of 1,001
Quote:

Yes I have heard of them.........but do you have a place to buy them now?
I can't recall ever seeing them for sale anywhere, but have heard thier names mentioned in discussions.

NP: GORGOROTH - Under the Sign of Hell

There were all re-released in europe with slip covers and crap, but I think they all sold out
frown.gif
They were selling for about $14 each

E-bay has them all now for a few dollars more.

Sep 11, 2004 at 1:43 PM Post #576 of 1,001
Quote:

There were all re-released in europe with slip covers and crap, but I think they all sold out
frown.gif
They were selling for about $14 each

E-bay has them all now for a few dollars more.

More info: They were released in 2003, I guess they are all sold out now
frown.gif

This site used to sell it: http://www.hellsheadbangers.com

You can try e-mailing The End and ask them to stock them.

Sep 11, 2004 at 8:42 PM Post #577 of 1,001
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.PD
about Cletic Frost's Morbid Tales. I spent some quality time with that CD yesterday at the motel. I love the music but the guy doing vocals wears a bit on me. He isn't singing, he just talks/yells. That's the impression I got. I actually got to the point where I was wishing for the CD to finish.

That's too bad. Individual taste rules again.
cool.gif

It is from 1984 after all.
Although not very harsh the vocals are plenty gravelly.

Sep 11, 2004 at 11:20 PM Post #578 of 1,001
Have some cheese with your next order @ the end : Cheap Cheese
cheese.gif

BTW, they just got ENSLAVED - Vikingligr Veldi / Hordane's Land (2CD)
At last, Enslaved first's full-length album, 'Vikingligr Veldi', sees an official U.S. release. This version on Candlelight also offers a second disk with their debut EP, 'Hordane's Land', as a bonus.
$12.50 shipped

Sep 12, 2004 at 4:01 PM Post #579 of 1,001
Picked up the new Amon Amarth Fate of Noms yesterday. Pretty good stuff.
rs1smile.gif

Also got new Carnal Forge - Aren't You Dead Yet? This is a great thrash metal album. I love it. Oh, if you look at pictures of the CD they don't show it very well, but the bullet hole in the forehead goes all the way through and out the back. It's just a hole punched through the paper right on the center thingy that holds the CD.

In an unrelated note; I found the latest The Grannies CD titled Erected Ladyman. It came out this year, and The Record Exchange had a used copy so I grabbed it. If you guys like good old fashioned kick butt rock n roll give this one a shot. This one is better than their self titled first album, which I also like very well.

Sep 13, 2004 at 6:25 AM Post #581 of 1,001
SW is funny project indeed. the guy whos behind it has pretty mutch no other life except metal.

Sep 13, 2004 at 12:25 PM Post #582 of 1,001
The GOOD, The BAD, and the LATE:

BLUT AS NORD - Work That Transforms God
Here is something that is different (like Arcturus "sham mirrors") yet still very good and retains overall dark BM feel to it. A successful pushing of the envelope IMO. Mostly acheives uniqueness with strange off beat tempos and some dissonance blending with regular melody, but still holds together nicely.

DORENREICH
Tried newest album here, even more challenging than Blut As Nord, got to give them credit for being different unfortunately results are not pleasing to me......a sell. This reminds me a bit of ELEND which I also don't care for, so maybe Nacher will like this group since he is Elend fan.

BATHORY
My early Bathory CDs have been lost/messed up by the wonderful shipping dept of The End......two weeks and no CDs
mad.gif

(I sent them e-mail to complain but thier ususal response has been "give it more time"........very diffucult to get refund or re-ship from this place)

PD
I also have the new Amon Amarth......will listen to tomorrow. Every AA album so far has been very good. I would love to get new Grannies CD, but only place that has it seems to be CD Baby.

KJ
Do you have any Satanic Warmaster CDs?

Sep 13, 2004 at 12:44 PM Post #583 of 1,001
ET
Yes band shirts are cool........but some BM artwork is too offensive to wear out in public place, especially where families are like mall, grocery store etc.
For instance some of the COF shirts say very disturbing things, he he.

That middle Dimmu shirt would be cool though.

Sep 13, 2004 at 1:45 PM Post #585 of 1,001
It's a shame to hear The End is getting worse and worse about stuff, they carry so many great things that are hard to find elsewhere.

BTW, I also have the new Amon Amarth, I hadn't really heard anything by these guys, but I had heard good things about them, the new CD is pretty good, the vocals aren't exactly my cup of tea....but all around, solid album.

Scott

Users who are viewing this thread

Back