Darkest Desires PART IV
Oct 4, 2004 at 6:26 AM Post #691 of 1,001
Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkAngel
Goth/Metal chix that plays guitar ........has to be Nacher's dream girl
tongue.gif

LOL, you bet! She doesn't look exactly like your avatar in those pics, but in the cover art of Elegant she's definetly your avatar, hehe.

Oct 4, 2004 at 8:04 AM Post #692 of 1,001
Quote:

Originally Posted by eyeteeth
http://www.opeth.com/

"Peaceville records have slight, though yet unconfirmed plans to release a 5.1 surround sound mix re-release of Opeth's 4th album, "Still life". More information as we have it."

I have many unanswerable questions.

I cannot imagine how awesome that will sound. I would have picked Blackwater Park, Deliverance, or MAYH, but nevertheless, this will be something to behold
eek.gif

Oct 4, 2004 at 9:03 AM Post #693 of 1,001
Quote:

Originally Posted by roadtonowhere08
I cannot imagine how awesome that will sound. I would have picked Blackwater Park, Deliverance, or MAYH, but nevertheless, this will be something to behold
eek.gif

Why they chose Still Life is a mystery to me also. Maybe it's practise/experiment with one that's not the very favourite, although it is a favourite of a minority? They don't want to mess up a Blackwater Park just yet.
Any development regarding sound quality in the whole genre is welcome. Why can't audiophilia and metal coexist?

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkAngel
Yes she has the classic dark elegant goth look

I've always been partial to the Evil Queen type myself.
icon10.gif

cradle_of_filth_cruelty_and_the_beast_back.jpg

Oct 4, 2004 at 11:05 AM Post #695 of 1,001
I was thinking about 5.1 & dark metal on the subway. Although I've never heard music in 5.1 and am a bit of a purist thinking what intended as 2 channel probably sounds best that way. But for furure productions 5.1 might be great for some bands. I consider Dimmu Borgir a very cinematic band especially with DCA; I was imagining hear 'Heavenly Perverse' with that crow caw at the beginning coming from behind my left shoulder. These effects could become gimmicky and unmusical but I bet a band like Dimmu could exploit 5.1 to the max. The sounds of battle in some viking metal, etc.

The COF picture of Countess Bathory had me imagine as intro the sounds of my/the listeners footsteps on the cobblestones and echoing across the courtyard as I ran into the castle, the doors boom shut behind me and also behind me the Countess' voice saying "welcome" as the music starts. She could be singing/shrieking circling the room and whenever at my rear I'm shocked by the sound of the crack of a whip!
tongue.gif

Hehe...just having fun.
But seriously there's potential for some real cinematic gothic music.

Oct 4, 2004 at 2:27 PM Post #697 of 1,001
Opeth for home theater???????????
Unless this is DVD-A release with visual images can't see 5 channel as having much appeal currently.

But if dosen't raise price and contains 2 channel on same disc then may be some market appeal.

Oct 4, 2004 at 2:29 PM Post #698 of 1,001
RIYL Therion -- Lacrimosa -- I'm totally digging Echos

Oct 4, 2004 at 2:32 PM Post #699 of 1,001
I like 5.1 channel music. I have some classical in 5.1 and I have Dimmu Borgir in 5.1 (I can't play it, but I have it)
I think we will see more multi-channel releases coming in dark metal.

Oct 4, 2004 at 4:36 PM Post #700 of 1,001
I'm going to see Slayer (opened by Mastodon and Killswitch Engage). Never seen these guys live, should be a treat.

Scott

Oct 4, 2004 at 7:31 PM Post #702 of 1,001
5.1 sounds like a great idea for good stuff like Opeth, but what I REALLY want is for an audiophile label, like Telarc or something, to get a hold of Opeth's masters and release an UN-protected 192kHz/24bit 2ch. DVD-Audio. I cannot begin to think of how eargasmic that would sound
eek.gif

Oct 4, 2004 at 8:26 PM Post #703 of 1,001
Quote:

5.1 sounds like a great idea for good stuff like Opeth, but what I REALLY want is for an audiophile label, like Telarc or something, to get a hold of Opeth's masters and release an UN-protected 192kHz/24bit 2ch. DVD-Audio. I cannot begin to think of how eargasmic that would sound
eek.gif

There is an Opeth DVD release from 2003 with 5.1 channel DTS surround sound:
Lamentations

Oct 4, 2004 at 9:45 PM Post #704 of 1,001
Quote:

eek.gif

Absolutely.
Even old Black Metal with intentional poor production should be enhanced as much as possible. It's convincing the powers that be is the difficulty. A ten disc box set of ten essential, historic works of Black Metal, Thrash or whatever genre done to audiophile standards. Totally unrealistic?

From roadtonowhere08's haunting thread:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nacher
Shape of Despair - Angels of Distress is a definite masterpiece and to me, the best funeral doom album ever done. It sounds slightly similar to Opeth, but with slower tempo and more emphasis on emotions, mostly sadness and depression.

Intrigued I sought out the Shape of Despair web site http://www.shapeofdespair.tk/ and downloaded two samples from Angels of Distress:
'Angels of Distress'
Mp3 190kbs/44kHz 5.19MB

'Quiet These Paintings Are'
Mp3 190kbs/44kHz 2.62MB

Then found it for $8 USD at http://shop.relapse.com/store/produc...roductID=14294 and ordered it.

Thanks Nacher!
cool.gif

The Relapse site looks very promising, good prices and selection. I'll find out how quick they are regarding delivery.

And Attention MR.PD!!!!
They have Darkthrone-Sardonic Wrath in stock $14
http://shop.relapse.com/store/produc...roductID=20219

Who has not seen the movie '28 Days Later'?
Excellent! A new essential for living dead end of the world-(sort of)- type movies. I was chuckling because those infected with 'rage' sounded like Maniac of Mayhem.
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back