Darkest Desires PART IV
Sep 26, 2004 at 4:05 AM Post #661 of 1,001
ET
I would say bottom photo is more organically grim.....who knows what evil could be lurking in those shadows.
I didn't really notice the faces in top photo till I read your description and looked very closely.

Sep 26, 2004 at 8:44 AM Post #662 of 1,001
Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkAngel
ET
I would say bottom photo is more organically grim.....who knows what evil could be lurking in those shadows.
I didn't really notice the faces in top photo till I read your description and looked very closely.

Thanks DA

...OMG!!!

You've changed your avatar!
I have to say your previous avatar was head and shoulders above and beyond every other avatar at Head-Fi or any other forum for that matter. Any comparison is laughable and just plain silly!
A genuinely wonderful photograph, great composition, personal and full of class.
Quite special, really.

The present one is nice though.

Sep 26, 2004 at 12:11 PM Post #663 of 1,001
MTV2 HBB2 Show
As usual last night mostly lame USA nu-metal or death metal bands, they are promoting bands on soon to be released HBB2 Vol2 CD......a couple vids were kinda cool:

PROBOT
Dave Grohl (Nirvana, Foo Fighters) heavy metal side project with Lemmy K (Motorhead), King Diamond, Cronos (Venom) and a few other metal masters in all star album that sounds pretty on video song.

KITTIE
Has finally toughen sound to the point where they are now legit....almost. All girl group new vid is cool but vocalist sings clean and then has echo delay of same vcals done with rasp BM vocals, sounds fakey........just sing BM vocals like Angela Gassow and stop being poseurs.
k1000smile.gif

COF
Even a weak COF video is enough to blow away most of the lame stuff on HBB2, they showed Mannequin video which is from DAAD album, not really a great song or video but a masterpiece compared to other stuff in the show last night.
VJ promised they would show new Nymphetimine video, but they played Mannequin instead
frown.gif

Next week special studio guest Marilyn Manson, they should just let him run the whole show and get rid of boring VJ. He would play some cool stuff.

Sep 27, 2004 at 12:13 PM Post #666 of 1,001
I really like a couple older Prong albums by Tommy Victor which have industrial metal style appealing to fans of NIN, Ministry etc:
-Prove you wrong 1991
-Cleansing 1994

He has new Prong album out "scorpio rising" but have not heard it, but other albums since "cleansing" have not been great.

My new goth avatar is no one famous, just another dark enchantress

NP: Thyrfing - Thyrfing s/t

Sep 27, 2004 at 12:15 PM Post #667 of 1,001
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.PD
I told you Kittie was getting better.
icon10.gif

I think the girls from Toronto are headed in the right direction.

They are getting better as is female fronted Otep......I keep my eye on them but not quite good enough to buy for me.
tongue.gif

Sep 27, 2004 at 3:36 PM Post #668 of 1,001
person! You got post no. 666
frown.gif

For those who are intrested, Children of Bodom's gig in Tuska 2003 has been shown in TV, and DivX:ed from there with rather good quality. Available somewhere around the net.

Sep 27, 2004 at 3:50 PM Post #669 of 1,001
Quote:

MTV2 HBB2 Show
As usual last night mostly lame USA nu-metal or death metal bands, they are promoting bands on soon to be released HBB2 Vol2 CD......a couple vids were kinda cool:

PROBOT
Dave Grohl (Nirvana, Foo Fighters) heavy metal side project with Lemmy K (Motorhead), King Diamond, Cronos (Venom) and a few other metal masters in all star album that sounds pretty on video song.

that's a real cool album, especially if you were a fan of those older band. The guy that runs the lable is great too. he sent me a copy signed by Dave, Wino (obsessed), and Eric Wagner (trouble), because the first one I ordered was lost in the mail.

Sep 27, 2004 at 10:13 PM Post #670 of 1,001
Trip to Best Buy tomorrow?

May have to get new COF Nymphetimine at BB since it is on sale for $11.99, local store "hopefully" will have it since they have DAAD and a couple other albums. Wonder why The End was not able to get this before domestic release?

May also pick up Marilyn Manson hits collection $9.99 even though I already own last 3-4 albums

Sep 28, 2004 at 12:37 AM Post #671 of 1,001
Quote:

Trip to Best Buy tomorrow?

And I may end up taking another subway ride to HMV
...I
...must
...have
...more
...Bathory!
Am I going to end up with the entire catalogue including the mediocre? Damn.

Quote:

Originally Posted by eyeteeth
'Under the Sign' (now playing-1986!-very cool! & nice remastering too)

I should have said nice remastering considering the quality of the mastertape. Lots of sound dropouts and stuff. Makes DCA or BTV sound audiophile quality. But it's pretty clear and I guess pretty good considering.

Another list 50 Most Beautiful Metal Albums

There are some entertaining lists here like 'Top 10 "Black" Metal Bands for guys that don't like Black Metal much' and other lists. Scroll down to 'Top Whatever Things'.

Sep 28, 2004 at 12:46 PM Post #672 of 1,001
Quote:

And I may end up taking another subway ride to HMV
...I
...must
...have
...more
...Bathory!
Am I going to end up with the entire catalogue including the mediocre? Damn.

What do you have so far?

Here is what I consider essential BATHORY:
Bathory s/t
The Return
Under the Sign
Blood Fire Death
Hammerheart
Norland I

Next to get if you want more:
Blood on Ice
Norland II
Twilight of Gods
Jubileum I (collection)
Jubileum II (collection)

NP: Bathory - Jubileum II

Looks like I will go to Best Buy today and look for new COF Nymphetimine.

Sep 28, 2004 at 2:07 PM Post #673 of 1,001
Quote:

What do you have so far?

Under the Sign
Blood Fire Death

I'll bookend these two with The Return & Hammerheart.
Arriving late to a genre and being presented with large catalogues like MDB, Opeth or Bathory is kind of great.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 28, 2004 at 5:30 PM Post #674 of 1,001
Just picked up COF Nymphetamine at Best Buy $11.99

I went to local store at lunch and shelf was empty had to ask sales person to get more from back room...........they said shelf was just stocked 30 minutes ago, he he.

COF will also get more USA exposure on MTV2 HBB tour later this year where they will perform. They also appear on HBB Vol 2 CD just out with song "medusa and hemlock" from Nymphetamine album. Also tracks by:
Dimmu Bogir
In Flames
Satyricon
Children of Bodom

HBB CD

Sep 28, 2004 at 5:42 PM Post #675 of 1,001
Quote:

Just picked up COF Nymphetamine at Best Buy $11.99

I went to local store at lunch and shelf was empty had to ask sales person to get more from back room...........they said shelf was just stocked 30 minutes ago, he he.

I still have toget used to seeing Dimmu Borgir in Target.
biggrin.gif

Look forward to hearing your impressions of the new disc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back