Dark Souls!
Apr 8, 2013 at 6:50 PM Post #136 of 299
Quote:
Demon's Souls is going to be free on PS+ for April. I loved Dark Souls but only recently got a PS3 and I've been thinking about buying Demon's Souls so I'm pumped. Feel like all my time spent on Dark Souls should have me pretty prepared too.

Operation mindblow commencing in 3, 2, 1...

Your username looks familiar, have i played you in pvp before? My username is the same name as my darksouls name or whatever you call it.

Apr 9, 2013 at 8:01 AM Post #137 of 299
Quote:
Operation mindblow commencing in 3, 2, 1...

Your username looks familiar, have i played you in pvp before? My username is the same name as my darksouls name or whatever you call it.

I played Dark Souls on the PC a lot a few months after it was first released but it's been a couple months since I hopped on so I don't really remember any names, I did PvP almost all the time. I think I'm going to pick Dark Souls up for the PS3 after I beat Demon's Souls, just so I can try it out on the PS3 and get all the trophies (I put so many hours into Dark Souls I deserve a platinum trophy). 

Apr 10, 2013 at 6:36 PM Post #140 of 299
Who knows.  After going through the video twice I get the hint that they're still early in development, and given that next generation platforms are very pc-like in their architecture, that they could easily scale the graphics up on dark souls ii to make it a next-gen looking game.  I'd personally be disappointed if From Software didn't make use of the ps4/xbox.

Apr 10, 2013 at 7:09 PM Post #141 of 299
Well, I don't think they are that early. We didn't get gameplay videos for Demon's Souls or Dark Souls that early and they all came in the fall. And especially when you consider that the game comes out for Japan first and we wait for the international version even more. It's weird though coz they clearly used an xbox controller and judging by the graphics it's probably xbox gameplay, which is odd to show for a franchise that started as a ps3 exclusive. Anyway, it could be also a pc gameplay when you take into consideration that Dark Souls' pc version has pretty much console graphics if you don't use dsfix and FXAA injector. Honestly, I don't think they 'll be manage to pull off next-gen graphics this early and possibly we'll have a completely different game for next-gen in a couple of years. If they do though it will be nice but I doubt that any devs we'll be able to make full use of the new hardware of both the ps4 and the new xbox for a couple more years. The games will just look like current gen pc but not like next-gen.

Apr 10, 2013 at 7:32 PM Post #142 of 299
I still haven't done the fix for PC, dark souls looks weird when things have too much detail

Anyway lol at the guy trying to run away from that beetle-like enemy only to run into another

Apr 10, 2013 at 8:05 PM Post #143 of 299
Quote:
I still haven't done the fix for PC, dark souls looks weird when things have too much detail

LOL The only weird thing was going back to the ps3 version and I thought my eyes were messed up. Even without other tweaks and the FXAA injector the game looks so much better on full hd.

Apr 10, 2013 at 10:32 PM Post #144 of 299
I have a strong hunch that games will be taking full advantage of ps4 etc very soon.  Keep in mind the ps4 isn't like the ps3, and that its architecture is basically a pc.  No proprietary cell processor, just straight up radeon 7000 series and an x86 cpu.  The games should be quite easy to port from pc and so forth.  There are already games on the market that max high-end computers out, but it will be the graphics engines that are developed in the future that will really bring games to a new age of realism.  Basically what I'm trying to say is that current gen pc IS next gen console hardware wise.  

Might be a good thing that they're developing on the xbox as well, since it more closely resembles an actual pc.  If they developed the game for the ps3 they'd probably have a problem on their hands.

From Software's Armored Core series comes out in Japan months before the rest of the world, but the Souls series has been good about universal releases-- Japan usually only gets 1-2 weeks advance.

Release date for Dark Souls II is 'december 31st 2013' which is most likely just a placeholder-- indicating the game will be released in 2014 some time in the 1st quarter or 2nd.  I hope the from software team was selected to be one of the developers to already be working with the ps4 hardware, and I hope they can make Dark Souls II scale up graphically to the ps4-- if not just for higher resolution and aa/af.  Demons Souls is beautiful looking by itself with just the higher resolution. An older article did mention that Dark Souls II was visually on par with a couple of 'next gen' games, so part of me still wants to believe they're hiding something.  I'm only hoping and grasping at straws though.

Apr 11, 2013 at 9:29 AM Post #145 of 299
Quote:
I have a strong hunch that games will be taking full advantage of ps4 etc very soon.  Keep in mind the ps4 isn't like the ps3, and that its architecture is basically a pc.  No proprietary cell processor, just straight up radeon 7000 series and an x86 cpu.  The games should be quite easy to port from pc and so forth.  There are already games on the market that max high-end computers out, but it will be the graphics engines that are developed in the future that will really bring games to a new age of realism.  Basically what I'm trying to say is that current gen pc IS next gen console hardware wise.  

Might be a good thing that they're developing on the xbox as well, since it more closely resembles an actual pc.  If they developed the game for the ps3 they'd probably have a problem on their hands.

From Software's Armored Core series comes out in Japan months before the rest of the world, but the Souls series has been good about universal releases-- Japan usually only gets 1-2 weeks advance.

Release date for Dark Souls II is 'december 31st 2013' which is most likely just a placeholder-- indicating the game will be released in 2014 some time in the 1st quarter or 2nd.  I hope the from software team was selected to be one of the developers to already be working with the ps4 hardware, and I hope they can make Dark Souls II scale up graphically to the ps4-- if not just for higher resolution and aa/af.  Demons Souls is beautiful looking by itself with just the higher resolution. An older article did mention that Dark Souls II was visually on par with a couple of 'next gen' games, so part of me still wants to believe they're hiding something.  I'm only hoping and grasping at straws though.

Ugh, 2014 feels like a long time.  Dark Souls is going to be one of the games that sells me on whether or not I buy a PS4 right away or wait for a few releases. If Dark Souls is actually released December '13 or early '14 I will probably buy a PS4 right after release, otherwise I'm going to wait and see what other titles emerge.

Apr 11, 2013 at 2:48 PM Post #146 of 299
Developers confirmed in an interview today at CVG that the game is coming to current gen consoles and they're not aiming to next gen platforms.
They said they considered the option of a next gen port but that would take so much time.

Quote:
"Discussions of next-gen did actually come up briefly," admitted Tanimura. "But if we were to develop for next-gen we wouldn't be able to deliver the game for a lot longer. We wanted to deliver something to fans as soon as possible.

"We still feel there's potential and ability for us to express a little bit more than what we did with Dark Souls, even on current-gen consoles. We hope to elaborate on what we were able to communicate with Dark Souls."

"We understand that next-gen is coming, it'd be a lie to say we didn't consider it at all, but right now there's no intent to have Dark Souls on next-gen."

"We understand that there are still people playing Dark Souls, but we also hear voices saying they want the next version. That's one of the other reasons we wanted to stay on current-gen, to deliver a newer experience as soon as possible."

Apr 11, 2013 at 2:57 PM Post #147 of 299
That's disheartening.  A port would have been so cool.  Then again, these are the guys who couldn't even be bothered to give the option for upscaled resolution on Dark Souls PC version, something that was solved in a matter of hours by modders.

Apr 11, 2013 at 3:34 PM Post #148 of 299
Quote:
That's disheartening.  A port would have been so cool.  Then again, these are the guys who couldn't even be bothered to give the option for upscaled resolution on Dark Souls PC version, something that was solved in a matter of hours by modders.

Well, they said the lead platform is now PC, so its not going to be a bad port like DS1.

Apr 12, 2013 at 6:59 AM Post #150 of 299
Its in gamekult

Quote:
Q: The demo presented during the event ran on PC. This means there is also a PC version developed in-house?

A: The version shown before the interview actually ran on PC. If the first Dark Souls was adapted from consoles to PC, this time, it's the opposite. The PC version serves as a base from which the warranty is adaptations consoles. Clearly, the game is being developed simultaneously on different machines directly internally.

http://www.gamekult.com/actu/zoom-dark-souls-ii-A108297.html

its in french. I took the translation from NeoGAF

Users who are viewing this thread

Back