Dark Souls!
Feb 20, 2013 at 1:42 PM Post #106 of 299
I don't disagree with using the spell, but when people make the game unenjoyable by exploiting cheap tactics (they are cheap, even though I agree they are part of the game and can be used freely) and then proceed to act like dicks it can ruin the game for other people.  I use wrath of the gods and I do back-stabs, but I do them as part of fights when it actually is part of the session.  I don't try to only use back-stabs or wrath of the gods like some people do.  Ideally I keep my WOG until double teamed, then I abuse it for good reason.  But I see where you are coming from, I'm just insinuating that people should fight honorably because it makes the game more fun for all!  Cheers!

Feb 21, 2013 at 6:03 PM Post #107 of 299
Stupid question, but what weapon do you all use for Senn's Fortress?

I swear that this time it was 10x harder to kill those stupid lizards. At one point I just kept running past them because I know my way around very well.

At this point I only had Drake's Sword, Longsword+8 and Winged Spear +8. I know they're strong against physical attacks, but it took me like at least 8 hits to kill each one. Kind of ridiculous. I think on my last two playthroughs I used Dark Knight Halberd and they were much easier.

I'm upgrading regular Halberd to +10 soon, so that should work.

It's about time I'm getting more than 100 souls per kill.

You know what was really aggravating? I fell off the cliff against the Iron Golem like 5 times in a row. How is that possible?! Obviously I'm fighting him all wrong. I killed him with the Longsword+8 and it took about..forever. I guess I need to force myself to upgrade some really strong weapons like the Claymore and Zweihander.

Feb 21, 2013 at 6:09 PM Post #108 of 299
Parry and riposte with a +10 is more that enough

Feb 21, 2013 at 6:15 PM Post #109 of 299
Well, on first run I always use a uchi in senns and maybe the lightning spear for the rest on the fortress once I get it coz it's pretty strong even after all the nerfing. The Iron Golem is like one of the easiest bosses in the game - just roll between his legs hit one leg and get him on his knees. Even a simple Longsword +5 will do a decent job as it spends a little less stamina on hit, especially when 2-handed.

Feb 22, 2013 at 5:23 PM Post #110 of 299
Dark Souls is hard. I played it until I got to the second boss and then took a break after about 10 failed attempts to kill it. I spent some time leveling up but it didn't make things any easier. I'm not sure I'm going to return to it.

Feb 22, 2013 at 5:37 PM Post #111 of 299
Well, it's not that hard - you just have to get used to the fighting mechanics and go for one build instead of spreading your points among all attributes. Dark Souls is a great game and it just needs a chance. 10 failed attempts is nothing - you should prepare to die 
size]
 to quote the game.You can check the wiki on info on all the areas and enemies and stuff and also dome good advice for boss battles. I 

Feb 22, 2013 at 11:15 PM Post #112 of 299
Quote:
Dark Souls is hard. I played it until I got to the second boss and then took a break after about 10 failed attempts to kill it. I spent some time leveling up but it didn't make things any easier. I'm not sure I'm going to return to it.

Taurus Demon or the Gargoyles? I didn't know what I was doing at first and died to the gargoyles so many times. I ended up calling Solaire while in human form. That made it a lot easier. I've now beaten them two more times without NPC. The latest time was even when they teamed up on me.

The game gets easier once you find the right weapons and upgrade them. You can first do this just before the Gargoyles.

I got the Dark Knight Halberd and when upgraded it makes the game stupid easy. OK, not really, but a lot easier.

The game gets easier the more you play it.

You can also get the Drake Sword to make things a bit easier if needed.

Feb 23, 2013 at 6:10 AM Post #113 of 299
Quote:
The Iron Golem is like one of the easiest bosses in the game - just roll between his legs hit one leg and get him on his knees.

And summon that NPC for the fight. He can almost solo the Golem.

For Sens I do use uchi or clay both +15, lizardw are really easy to backstab.

Feb 23, 2013 at 11:10 AM Post #114 of 299
Quote:
Well, on first run I always use a uchi in senns and maybe the lightning spear for the rest on the fortress once I get it coz it's pretty strong even after all the nerfing. The Iron Golem is like one of the easiest bosses in the game - just roll between his legs hit one leg and get him on his knees. Even a simple Longsword +5 will do a decent job as it spends a little less stamina on hit, especially when 2-handed.

I think how easy a boss is varies with each person. For example, I must be lucky and have yet to die against the Four Kings in NG+ or NG, Gravelord Nito or Pinwheel. I also seem to rarely have any issues with Queelag.

I remember when I first fought the Iron Golem on my last playthrough I died 3 times and then the next time he was dead within a minute and used zero flasks. I still don't have the strategy perfected and I this time around I'm never able to make him fall down by hitting his legs. With Longsword+5 it seriously takes like a million hits but I got it done.

Ornstein and Smough usually makes me want to fling my controller, but I figure that eventually I'll be able to kill them very easily without a NPC.

Right now I'm all the way through  Anor Londo. Those stupid archers killed me 4 times in a row, but I got past them.I feel sorry for people that bother to stop and kill everything on their way to them!

My character is so weak right now that those Silver Knights can take off half my health with one hit! I need serious armor upgrades. I think I was lazy and only have all +3 and +4 Elite Knight armor
biggrin.gif

Feb 23, 2013 at 11:52 AM Post #115 of 299
Well, yeah, I agree about boss difficulty. I have finished the game on both my ps3 and pc quite some times, so I never use NPCs and already know all their move sets, tells, and weak spots. I remember when I first fought Ornstein and Smough I was really frustrated. Now I can see through all their actions and I know what they'll do and the fight seems so easy. Iron Golem seems just hilariously slow when you know the timing of all his attacks - I can dodge him all day long but he's a PITA if you don't know what to do. As far as armor - I almost always go for the Black Iron but I do pile a what of points on endurance and zero on vitality. If you're not going to dodge all the time then just get a high stability shield. They did nerf the hollow soldier shield a lot but you can still roll with the Eagle Shield which has 84 stability when maxed out and it's the lightest greatshield and even though it doesn't have 100% damage reduction it's not a problem until new game++. The armor is mostly for poise but you should really learn to dodge and hold your weapon with both hands or parry to make the game easier. Also, a lot of people forget that they can kick, which is always a nice move to lower the shield of an enemy or kick them to the abyss. The silver knights are pretty easy to backstab or they just stagger when they hit your high stability shield

Feb 23, 2013 at 12:39 PM Post #116 of 299
Btw, as I had to reinstall windows on my pc and was wondering why the game didn't look as good I remembered that it wasn't just the dsfix but also the FXAA Injector, so if someone wants to try Dark Souls on their pc with my FXAA Injector settings I can give you the files. I've altered it just enough to give it better texture sharpness and grittier colors.

Feb 23, 2013 at 1:26 PM Post #119 of 299
The darkmoonblades are the lowest of the scum of all dark souls factions.  They're the only people who can invade others lower level than them, and there's no lower and upper level limits since the 1st patch hit way back when.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back