Dark Side Of The Moon versus OK Computer
Aug 7, 2009 at 4:29 PM Post #31 of 46
You prefer "Pablo Honey" to OK Computer? Not to be a continuing firebrand, but that really invalidates your opinions from here forward
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 7, 2009 at 4:57 PM Post #32 of 46
sorry-see below

Aug 7, 2009 at 4:58 PM Post #33 of 46
Radiohead couldn't pull off a song like "The Great Gig in the Sky" .

Aug 7, 2009 at 5:00 PM Post #34 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sherwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You prefer "Pablo Honey" to OK Computer? Not to be a continuing firebrand, but that really invalidates your opinions from here forward
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Totally valid poll, especially considering that OK Computer is quite possibly the best album mankind will ever produce, and DSoTM is a second-rate soundtrack to the Wizard of Oz. Chew on that.

And this gem of comment doesn't invalidate yours?

Aug 7, 2009 at 5:02 PM Post #35 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by kwitel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And this gem of comment doesn't invalidate yours?

Not to someone with good taste, it doesn't.

Aug 7, 2009 at 5:37 PM Post #37 of 46
Oh come now gentlemen, no need for name-calling -- I'm just having a bit of sport at your expense. Pink Floyd fans are so very tightly wound
smily_headphones1.gif

In all seriousness, someone hit it on the head a page back. Kind Of Blue blows both of these out of the water. Go America.

Aug 7, 2009 at 5:38 PM Post #38 of 46
Hmmmm... I might have to check out this band..."Radiohead"

To be honest I have heard some Radiohead on the Radio and it didn't make me run out and buy any of it. When I saw the Poll I was like "What is OK Computer?"

Maybe I'll pick a copy up and give it a listen.

Aug 7, 2009 at 5:49 PM Post #40 of 46
Quote:

Oh come now gentlemen, no need for name-calling -- I'm just having a bit of sport at your expense. Pink Floyd fans are so very tightly wound
smily_headphones1.gif

So you are acknowledging that your statement saying that this was a "totally valid poll, especially considering that OK Computer is quite possibly the best album mankind will ever produce, and DSoTM is a second-rate soundtrack to the Wizard of Oz," was completely in the realm of absurdity?

If you recant, I will edit
tongue.gif

Aug 7, 2009 at 5:50 PM Post #41 of 46
Both are great albums. But, much as I hate to bolster the Pink Floyd bandwagon that occupies Headfi, I chose DSoTM over OK Computer. I imagine if I was born in the 80s I likely would be choosing OK Computer because that would be the album I grew up with.

Aug 7, 2009 at 5:53 PM Post #42 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by roadtonowhere08 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So you are acknowledging that your statement saying that this was a "totally valid poll, especially considering that OK Computer is quite possibly the best album mankind will ever produce, and DSoTM is a second-rate soundtrack to the Wizard of Oz," was completely in the realm of absurdity?

If you recant, I will edit
tongue.gif

OK Computer is a complete masterpiece, but patently cannot be the pinnacle of human musical achievement, because Kind Of Blue is better.

DSoTM also makes a decidedly first-rate soundtrack
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 7, 2009 at 6:11 PM Post #43 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidMahler /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I didn't think it was going to be as lopsided as it seems. On Rate Your Music, OK Computer has a higher rating than Dark Side

It's not lopsided. This is a very good comparison I don't know why people are saying this isn't valid. People here are so ****ing sensitive. I can't believe there's an argument going on about this.

Good poll
biggrin.gif
At first I said I can't choose cause its too hard but I'm going to have to go with OK Computer.

And yes Sherwood, Kind Of Blue blows EVERYTHING out of the water.

Aug 7, 2009 at 6:15 PM Post #44 of 46
Quote:

OK Computer is a complete masterpiece, but patently cannot be the pinnacle of human musical achievement, because Kind Of Blue is better.

Apology accepted...

Quote:

DSoTM also makes a decidedly first-rate soundtrack
smily_headphones1.gif

Wait, what?
evil_smiley.gif

Aug 7, 2009 at 9:04 PM Post #45 of 46
Im in the minority and voted OK computer, because I grew up with it. But if I had been around when Pink Floyd were, Im sure I would have voted Dark Side of the Moon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back