DAP'S - Is there really any difference in the sound reproduction?
Dec 6, 2016 at 3:21 PM Post #62 of 63
yeah but no, don't let the 37% fool you. with 10 trials, a 5/10 result from perfectly random guess would still give you about 60% chance of guessing instead of 100%. the abx test isn't drunk even though it could looks that way at first glance, this has to do with you not doing enough trials. 6/10 really doesn't mean much in term of success.
usually people are satisfied with 20 trials(but more is always better when it comes to stats).

Dec 6, 2016 at 6:32 PM Post #63 of 63
  yeah but no, don't let the 37% fool you. with 10 trials, a 5/10 result from perfectly random guess would still give you about 60% chance of guessing instead of 100%. the abx test isn't drunk even though it could looks that way at first glance, this has to do with you not doing enough trials. 6/10 really doesn't mean much in term of success.
usually people are satisfied with 20 trials(but more is always better when it comes to stats).

Couldn't agree more. I just genuinely couldn't be bothered to do it for any longer, as I knew from the beginning that if there is any difference, it would be incredibly small, too small for me to be able to reliably tell them apart 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back