Dapper for Mac updates: App to sync iTunes with your DAP
Nov 23, 2019 at 7:07 AM Post #316 of 332
Dapper 4.51 is on the App Store.

Added automatic Batched mode for Android (MTP) devices. If more than 4GB of data is to be copied, Dapper will automatically suggest using Batched mode since it is almost double the speed. A checkbox on the confrmation page allows you to revert. Added much better “Cancel” functionality for Android players as well as vastly improved progress tracking.

Screen Shot 2019-11-23 at 6.38.23 AM.png

Dec 15, 2019 at 7:01 AM Post #317 of 332
Good morning (afternoon, evening) all...

Dapper on the MacOS App Store turned 5 years old recently
!

20111205-birthday-five-years.jpg

I built Dapper for myself in order to manage my own music on my own devices. It got good enough and the UI progressed enough so that I was able to uploaded the first App Store version, version 2.05 on Oct 21, 2014. I am happy its been so useful to so many people and I have enjoyed spending time 1-on-1 with many of you on video support calls - its made this whole community a lot more "real" for me and I am thankful for that as well as the many feature ideas that have rolled in over the years. As a single developer, it has and will continue to be a labor of love and I appreciate the feedback and encouragement.

Speaking of feedback, let me know on our support site if you need any assistance, or if you are love Dapper and it is useful to you, I would love a review or even just a rating on the App Store this season: Click here top open the page.

Alright, back to business:

Dapper 4.53 has been in the App Store for a week or two now. It's likely that this will be stable for a while as we roll into the holiday/Christmas season. It turns out that the more updates I do the more Dapper gets pushed down in the App Store search results.

As always, the current user manual is available here: Click here to view the Dapper Manual and learn all about Dapper

Update details:
Version 4.53: Added a feature to auto-select android based DAP drives if we recognize them. This avoids "Select your DAP drive" on some Android players and will improve over time as I add more. Fixed a crash bug that would crash Dapper when Batched mode was turned on in some cases.

Version 4.52: Added even better progress tracking in batched Android mode. Added an option to sync all AudioBooks on Catalina since Apple have broken this out into a separate app with no playlists for selection. Fixed a bug where some album art would not copy over correctly. Fixed a crash bug that would crash Dapper when Batched mode was turned on in some cases.

Version 4.51: Added automatic Batched mode for Android (MTP) devices. If more than 4GB of data is to be copied, Dapper will automatically suggest using Batched mode since it is almost double the speed. A checkbox on the confirmation page allows you to revert. Added much better “Cancel” functionality for Android players as well as vastly improved progress tracking.

Version 4.50: Embedded the Android File Transfer capabilities directly into the Dapper app, so that you no longer need to download Dapper Scripts for Android based DAPs. This also means that Dapper does a much better job of detecting Android players. Added a warning to users noting that larger (1TB/2TB or more) libraries should stick to “Audiophile mode” and not direct music access because MacOS Music is very slow in these cases. Press and hold down the option key at startup to select this .XML file based access if you have a large library.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-12-15 at 6.50.20 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-12-15 at 6.50.20 AM.png
    50.4 KB · Views: 0
Jan 10, 2020 at 11:19 AM Post #318 of 332
Hi all,

I am new here, and would like some information.

I am looking at getting a new A&K digital player, I know that dapper will work with the two players I am looking at, but the instructions that dapper publish, states that it will transfer in batch(es) but nowhere does it state that I can transfer individual albums. So can this be done and if so how?

Jan 11, 2020 at 7:01 AM Post #319 of 332
Hi all,

I am new here, and would like some information.

I am looking at getting a new A&K digital player, I know that dapper will work with the two players I am looking at, but the instructions that dapper publish, states that it will transfer in batch(es) but nowhere does it state that I can transfer individual albums. So can this be done and if so how?

Dapper will sync whatever is new in your iTunes/Music app playlist to the player. If this is a single song, multiple songs, an album etc, Dapper will sync those changes only to your DAP.

Jan 11, 2020 at 7:08 AM Post #320 of 332
Thanks for the reply, but the fact the manual in places is not very clear, this could a problem! Such as it does not state clearly how to make a dapper file in iTunes or in the finder. These may be basics for some but I am a technophobe/ novice, to a point. So clearer instructions may be advisable, for novices like myself.

Jan 14, 2020 at 10:41 AM Post #322 of 332
I have received my Kann today, I have tried but I cannot get my music files moved over to it. For some unknown reason my Mac has saved them to mp4 and it will not allow them on my sd card. My sd card is formatted to fat32, is there a solution?

Feb 7, 2020 at 7:58 AM Post #327 of 332
Hello Jeremy,

first of all, as I just recognised - congratulations on 5 years of Dapper!

The application has evolved so much during those years and it has always been a reliable helper in the daily DAP-centrated chaos.
Maybe I should head over to this forum more often to find out more about the updates - the multiple DAP easy switch mode could be quite handy.
There is another DAP at home that would qualify for this functionality, I suppose, so I am thinking about using it in this manner.

However, I would like to ask you and other members of this forum, if you have any experience connecting a Pioneer XDP-02U with Dapper.
I tried, and the manual says that the device supports files in the m3u format, but nothing in my series of tests ever worked.

There is a function on the device itself that obviously transforms a playlist from a computer to a readable format for the device.
So for example I would synchronize the XDP-02U via Dapper and during that process would create an m3u playlist as well.
This playlist would have to be converted afterwards on the device to make it work there as well.

As nothing has ever worked, I turned to the manufacturer and got into contact with a third company doing the support for Pioneer (called Aqipa).
The guys there told me that they didn´t have any details on the exact specifications for converting m3u to a readable format for the XDP-02U.

But they wrote that if they just exported files from iTunes to a folder including a playlist and then synchronised those objects with the device, it would work.
Obviously in their testing it did, I haven´t given it a try.

The iTunes playlists look a lot different from the ones that Dapper creates, so if the playlists from iTunes should work it wouldn´t be any surprise that the Dapper/m3u would not.

Again, long story short - do you or does anybody have a clue?

Kind regards,
Reinhard

Feb 10, 2020 at 10:12 AM Post #328 of 332
Does that DAP allow you to create playlists on it? Sometimes we can pull those off to see what they look like.

We should be able to figure it out if they got it going - the issue may be it does not like folders at all...

Please hop over to support.map-pin.com and lets keep going there

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2020 at 1:57 AM Post #330 of 332
Hi,

I'm trying to find out if Dapper supports playlist syncing for Hiby R3. Music syncs over fine, but the playlist format is different from the default. I need my playlists to be written in the following format:

a:\Lin-Manuel Miranda\Hamilton An American Musical Original Broadway Cast Recording\1-02 Aaron Burr Sir.M4A

Is there any way to modify the default playlist format to have line entries with the a:\ prefix?

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back