DAP with the best SQ?
Apr 14, 2014 at 3:39 AM Post #16 of 24
Well - I'm not trying to start a new thread unnecessarily.  So I'll post in this one. 

My wonderful Creative Labs Jukebox 3 is having seizures.  It boots only intermittently now, and the intermittent is becoming less and less reliable as the weeks go by.  It's been twelve years, so I can't complain too loudly.  It's sad, but I realize I must move on.

I would like a new JB3.  But I can't do that for lots of reasons.  So does anybody have recommendations?

My new DAP must have a dedicated clean audio out, so that I can connect my headphone amp.  I like to listen while sitting on my back screened porch, or sitting at my kitchen table, or sometimes connecting it to my small stereo I have in the kitchen so I can listen while I'm cooking.  So, I'd like it to be portable, but it doesn't have to be small. Lots of battery life would be nice.  The JB3 had an infrared remote (w/ receiver in the player, not in a dock) which I loved.  I don't expect to get that lucky.  Above all, I'd like a nice clean signal to the amp. 

Thanks very much.

I would probably start researching iBasso DX50 or DX90, there other options like FiiO X3 and X5. I would start with those which will keep you researching for sometime.

Apr 14, 2014 at 8:53 PM Post #19 of 24
I couldn't find a lot of reviews for the DX 90.  I'm leaning heavily towards the X5. 

May 6, 2014 at 5:33 PM Post #21 of 24
  I've had three, and they all had headphone jacks that ultimately failed. Sad stuff, really. 

Yup, and you can pop em right open and resolder the jack pretty much indefinitely.. Any product that uses a small jack such as the sansa will have an identical problem. It's just kinda how it goes. Feel free to send me your three broken ones :)

May 6, 2014 at 5:47 PM Post #22 of 24
Yep - all my jacks have eventually worked loose and the sound then comes intermittently.  You just have to be willing to open it up and re-secure the loose jack assembly part. 

Meanwhile, my new X5 should be here in a day or two...

Sep 11, 2014 at 12:12 PM Post #24 of 24
Actually i just addicted in high res music, start from learning about the headphones then the music file types... At last, I,m studying right now about the DAC, amp and DAP. Since, you all are really well experienced on portable high res audio. Now i finally have my Sennheiser momentum
smily_headphones1.gif
, I bought it because of good outlook design and one of the best portable headphone in market. After bought my momentum, now i start to feel like no so enough to use my Iphone 5 + hippo cricri amp drive momentum... I just hope someone can suggest the best DAP for the Sennheiser Momentum?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back