DAP with Platform-wide SRC bypass
Aug 7, 2021 at 2:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

feddar

100+ Head-Fier
Just wondering if there are any DAPs with Platform-wide SRC bypass. The only one I know of is the Hiby R6 2020. I would use it as a source for my HMS/TT2 combo, so the quality of the internal DAC if of no concern to me.

I wonder if an iPhone would do...

Thanks in advance,

Fed

Aug 10, 2021 at 4:28 PM Post #2 of 2
Just wondering if there are any DAPs with Platform-wide SRC bypass. The only one I know of is the Hiby R6 2020. I would use it as a source for my HMS/TT2 combo, so the quality of the internal DAC if of no concern to me.

I wonder if an iPhone would do...

Thanks in advance,

Fed

Most recent DAPs by Fiio, Hiby and Shanling (probably iBasso-never owned) have a SRC bypass mode as long as the Android app itself doesn't restrict or resample audio before sending to the audio stack. It's unclear what happens with USB audio, unless you use UAPP. You should ask someone to check if you have a specific device in mind. iPhones/iPads definitely don't resample at all unless the output device requires it (i.e. the Apple dongle maxes out at 24/48). I use an iPad with my iFi stack and it works great all the way to 384 kHz. The iPhone works equally well. You'll need the USB 3 CCK to charge and play music at the same time.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back