Dap with full size hp
Jul 11, 2018 at 7:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Grandmasboy

New Head-Fier
hello everyone ! I wouldn't generally start a thread without trying to find information on what I'm after but I can't seem to find a whole lot on the subject.

I'm after a decent dap sub $500 without an amp that I can use with full size headphones that aren't very power hungry (ie : audio quest nighthawk come to mind)

Although it would be nice to own a dap that can power HP up to 100ohm with lower sensitivity ?

It's a little inconvenient to own a dap without an amp and to use full size overear HP I know.. But if there are options for this I'd definitely appreciate any input !

This would be more of a starting point for me ... I generally prefer overear to IEM as a FYI

Thanks for any input !

Jul 11, 2018 at 9:01 PM Post #2 of 5
I can't help with DAP selection, I'd just like to point out that you can get a Chord Mojo in that price range and connect that to your smartphone. I think it will totally outclass any DAP with any headphone, especially DAPs in the same price range.

Jul 11, 2018 at 9:34 PM Post #3 of 5
That's a great idea actually. I guess my problem doing such a thing is my phone, iPad are a little bit 'ancient' ..iPhone 4 and 16 gb iPad both use 30 pin connections . I don't currently own a laptop ( girlfriend does ) so I was thinking a dap would be my best option currently. I'll look into the chord mojo though, thanks so much :)

Jul 12, 2018 at 3:29 AM Post #4 of 5
That's a great idea actually. I guess my problem doing such a thing is my phone, iPad are a little bit 'ancient' ..iPhone 4 and 16 gb iPad both use 30 pin connections . I don't currently own a laptop ( girlfriend does ) so I was thinking a dap would be my best option currently. I'll look into the chord mojo though, thanks so much :)
I did exactly what Rhamnetin suggested - got a Chord Mojo and a cheap DAP (HiBy R3) as source.
Using it primarily with the NightOwls and it sounds great. I also have the NightHawks but need closed HP most of the time and prefer the punchier sound of the NO over the more relaxed (but also more natural) sound of the NH.
3205CA94-1119-4AB6-ABD6-5E23D3C34467.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back