DAP that can display lyrics as music is playing?
Jun 18, 2005 at 7:40 PM Post #3 of 15
I'm pretty sure the Sony Vaio Player (with the latest firmware upgrade) allows for lyric viewing.

Jun 18, 2005 at 10:39 PM Post #6 of 15
If there was a way for an mp3 player to load the lyrics to your songs from the internet onto your mp3 player when you connect it to your computer, I would be looking like this
biggrin.gif

EDIT: The iPod can, but it takes a lot of work. You have to type in all your lyrics in seperate notes in the notes section, find the one you are looking for when that song is playing, then find the next one when the next song comes on.

Jun 18, 2005 at 11:26 PM Post #8 of 15
wow i never knew that mp3 players did that. Thats a cool feature, but it seems like it would be hard to set up, and it would take up more space on the hard-drive.

Jun 19, 2005 at 12:06 AM Post #9 of 15
I have an ifp 795 and i use the iRiver Lyric Database (LDB)
I looks up the lyrics on the net and then it will add them to either OGG, MP3 or WMA files(it does not work with VBR MP3s).

P.S:The lyrics only make the files size about 2kb more.

Jun 19, 2005 at 12:46 AM Post #10 of 15
doesntn the lyrics need timestamps or something like that? Unless the lyrics already have these timestamps, it seems like ahassle to do the timestamps manually.

Jun 19, 2005 at 5:19 AM Post #11 of 15
Note, most Korean MP3 (iAudo/Cowon, iRiver, Samsung) players has this function. Heck, the iRiver's IMP line of CD Players also have this function as well!!

And yes, they need proper timestamping to display properly, which is the biggest drawback with entering the lyrics yourself.

(This I think has to do with the whole Karaoke/Sing-along dealies. I think.
confused.gif
)

Jun 19, 2005 at 6:19 AM Post #12 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by azncookiecutter
doesntn the lyrics need timestamps or something like that? Unless the lyrics already have these timestamps, it seems like ahassle to do the timestamps manually.

All the lyrics from the iRiver LDB come with the correct timestamps.

Jun 19, 2005 at 8:30 AM Post #13 of 15
thankfully they dont make it easy for daps to have lyrics, because im pretty sure it would lead to ALOT of american idol wannabes, trying to practice there songs. lol.

Jun 19, 2005 at 3:05 PM Post #14 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Beach123456
If there was a way for an mp3 player to load the lyrics to your songs from the internet onto your mp3 player when you connect it to your computer, I would be looking like this
biggrin.gif

EDIT: The iPod can, but it takes a lot of work. You have to type in all your lyrics in seperate notes in the notes section, find the one you are looking for when that song is playing, then find the next one when the next song comes on.

The notes section? Like in the ID3 tags, or is it some sort of separate system?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back