DAP SCORE LIST 2021
May 20, 2018 at 5:55 PM Post #61 of 150
I actually like my Sony NW-WM1A, with Sennheiser HD650 headphones and Earmax 4.4 mm balanced cables best. Have not tried NW-WM1Z yet. Have Lotoo Paw Gold Diana and Questyle QP1R too...
WM1A drives the 650? Cool.

What exactly is "Usage" referring to?
It combines the software and battery life.

May 20, 2018 at 7:03 PM Post #62 of 150
It does not drive it to the same ear-splitting loudness that the Paw Gold will, but I think it sounds much better and more expansive. And the listening level is still damn good at about 110 on the volume.

May 20, 2018 at 9:04 PM Post #63 of 150
Maybe a minor issue but I'd personally save the 10 scores in portability for the truly pocketable. The Shanling M2s was given a 10 but the M1 or M0 might be more deserving.

Though they are so small, maybe they deserve an 11!

May 20, 2018 at 9:40 PM Post #64 of 150
Maybe a minor issue but I'd personally save the 10 scores in portability for the truly pocketable. The Shanling M2s was given a 10 but the M1 or M0 might be more deserving.

Send him your daps. He'll correct the chart for you.

May 21, 2018 at 1:30 AM Post #65 of 150
It does not drive it to the same ear-splitting loudness that the Paw Gold will, but I think it sounds much better and more expansive. And the listening level is still damn good at about 110 on the volume.
Yeah I guess they are a great pair with 650's warm sound and WM1A's somewhat close to neutral sound.

True. But for this chart in this particular time, the M2s is the most compact device in this table. So it gets 10. I edit my scores with new developments for my table in case of new devices and stuff. But good point, thanks.

May 21, 2018 at 2:43 PM Post #68 of 150
any idea where a chord mojo might fit here on sound quality alone? trying to convince myself I dont need to spend another couple grand on a DAP (even though I want to right now)

Forget it. This is head fi. When you don't know what you want... Just take the plunge.

Into
This
Rabbit
Hole

May 21, 2018 at 6:01 PM Post #69 of 150
Around 11th or 12th I guess.

You live in Toronto eh? Great city. You visited Charles' "Headphoneshop"?

thanks... dang now im def gonna start saving up for one of the top tier daps...

and yup! super nice guy, bought a Legend X and silver cable off him and Henry; his cable guy.

Forget it. This is head fi. When you don't know what you want... Just take the plunge.

Into
This
Rabbit
Hole

words of wisdom ^^

May 21, 2018 at 6:04 PM Post #70 of 150

and yup! super nice guy, bought a Legend X and silver cable off him and Henry; his cable guy.

words of wisdom ^^
Words of a broken willed head-fier.
I'm personally due for trip to tdot... and to headfoneshop

May 22, 2018 at 10:00 AM Post #72 of 150

words of wisdom ^^
When you drop by again, send my regards to him. It's Berkhan btw, from Turkey. He should remember me (bought JH Angie, Audeze EL8 and Fostex HPA-4 from him)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back