DAP SCORE LIST 2021
Jun 26, 2018 at 6:56 AM Post #80 of 150
I haven't tried the SP1000, but I did send my AK240SS back several years ago. I have a Lotoo Paw Gold Diana, Questyle QP1R, and a Sony NW - WM1A. I absolutely love the non-fatiguing nature of the Sony DAP. My Diana is my aggressive lady and can get a little in your face at times. The Questyle is just downright reference. I love all of them and want to get the Sony NW - WM1Z

Aug 17, 2018 at 9:04 PM Post #81 of 150
I would love the Cayin N8 added. It has an internal tube amp and a balance solid-state amp. It's quite interesting.

Aug 20, 2018 at 1:09 AM Post #84 of 150
Love the list. Thanks for the effort and enthusiasm put into it.

where do you reckon the A&K Jr would rank? I've had my Jr for a few years now and i love it but am looking to upgrade. Not sure how far up the list to travel.

Aug 20, 2018 at 2:17 AM Post #85 of 150
I would really like to know up to what point these quantitative "scores" are been established by a proper blind test with basic volume matching (not even voltage matching) or if on the contrary, have been mental biased only by price tag...

Just that clarification would completely change my perception of this thread.

Aug 20, 2018 at 2:57 AM Post #86 of 150
Love the list. Thanks for the effort and enthusiasm put into it.

where do you reckon the A&K Jr would rank? I've had my Jr for a few years now and i love it but am looking to upgrade. Not sure how far up the list to travel.

Have the AK Jr too. They'd usually go around the 200-300$ tag. Opus #1 first gen is now around that price tag and you get superior detailing and soundstage dimension and layering. The same goes for other daps like Shanling M5 which I briefly owned and the Oriolus dp100 which replaced it. Tonality wise, they'd differ a bit, like ice cream

Sep 16, 2018 at 11:24 PM Post #88 of 150
Shanling M0 added
I see that the M0 is ranked above the m2s. Both are considered warm, with the m2s warmer, making the M0 a little better balanced. Same on separation and transparency. Slightly better staging on the m2s. Build and mobility are a wash. The only somewhat larger difference is with usage, and I'm not even sure what that translates to. What is usage?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back