DAP SCORE LIST 2021
Apr 19, 2018 at 5:47 PM Post #48 of 150
Wow great effort. One can only appreciate the work put into this. But seems to me like its confirming the "higher the price the better"adage :) can you or do you have access to the pioneer 300r?wanna see how it ranks before I upgrade

Apr 19, 2018 at 8:20 PM Post #49 of 150
Sounds logical more expensive DAPS got better score compared to the cheaper ones.

Apr 20, 2018 at 2:09 AM Post #50 of 150
Wow great effort. One can only appreciate the work put into this. But seems to me like its confirming the "higher the price the better"adage :) can you or do you have access to the pioneer 300r?wanna see how it ranks before I upgrade
Thank you.

300R would be in around 15th place I assume. Just a guess though, I only listened to the DP-X1 and I assume that it's almost the same DAP.

And yes, the hurtful truth :) Expensive DAPs usually sound better.

Apr 20, 2018 at 3:30 AM Post #51 of 150
Thank you.

300R would be in around 15th place I assume. Just a guess though, I only listened to the DP-X1 and I assume that it's almost the same DAP.

And yes, the hurtful truth :) Expensive DAPs usually sound better.

Yep same DAP. Need a new DAP then :)

Apr 24, 2018 at 9:12 AM Post #52 of 150
Not sure if this has been asked.

But for daps with swappable amp sections will they be added to the list as a separate player?

Will you revisit amps like the dx200 or x7ii with the newer amp selections and rate accordingly?

@Virtu Fortuna

Apr 24, 2018 at 9:26 AM Post #53 of 150
Might not agree with everything in the chart but it's more or less quite accurate IMO. Good work.

Newbies like me can use it to get some ideas as to what is available and to pick out a few that suits our criteria and audition it before buying. It is really hard to try out so many all those DAPs out there and even harder to get a side by side comparison.

Very happy with my WM1A at the moment. It may not be the best, but the best at price bracket which was reflected in the chart.

This is very impressive work. I am sure it's being done as unbiased as humanly possible. Thank you.

Apr 24, 2018 at 5:13 PM Post #54 of 150

Click the picture to see it in full resolution.

Just iike my IEM Score Chart, I decided to share a DAP scoring list to give Head Fi'ers a basic comparison of DAPs

There will surely be disagreements, but I would like you to know that I have been working on this for some time. I also took advices from my local / foreign fellow audiophiles, who have experience and knowledge about the these DAPs here.

The list can be expanded and edited over time.

Enjoy your music.
What a great chart, very informative. It will help me upgrade my existing QP1R dap. I think I should save a bit more to get a A&K DAP.

Apr 24, 2018 at 5:26 PM Post #55 of 150
What a great chart, very informative. It will help me upgrade my existing QP1R dap. I think I should save a bit more to get a A&K DAP.
+1
It's not only a great chart for overall references with the strength and weakness but io also helped me to judge and weigth each aspect based on my own listing experience.

Apr 25, 2018 at 1:57 AM Post #57 of 150
Not sure if this has been asked.

But for daps with swappable amp sections will they be added to the list as a separate player?

Will you revisit amps like the dx200 or x7ii with the newer amp selections and rate accordingly?

@Virtu Fortuna
It's unlikely, I don't think I could find all the amp modules to try out. The scores are with stock amp modules.

Might not agree with everything in the chart but it's more or less quite accurate IMO. Good work.

Newbies like me can use it to get some ideas as to what is available and to pick out a few that suits our criteria and audition it before buying. It is really hard to try out so many all those DAPs out there and even harder to get a side by side comparison.

Very happy with my WM1A at the moment. It may not be the best, but the best at price bracket which was reflected in the chart.

This is very impressive work. I am sure it's being done as unbiased as humanly possible. Thank you.
Much thanks. Glad it's helpful to you guys. I also use the WM1A and I'm very happy too.

Thank you. Good luck!

+1
It's not only a great chart for overall references with the strength and weakness but io also helped me to judge and weigth each aspect based on my own listing experience.
Yes, it's important to have as much detail as possible so you can choose which one is the best for you. It's not all about the overall scores. Thanks.

Apr 27, 2018 at 2:57 AM Post #58 of 150
Great chart but would be more interesting to see the updated chart as you gather more daps in the mix and amps selection the Fiio and Ibasso in the future. I heard DX200 paired with AMP4/4S pushes the DX200 to the limit more than AMP1.

May 20, 2018 at 2:50 PM Post #59 of 150
I actually like my Sony NW-WM1A, with Sennheiser HD650 headphones and Earmax 4.4 mm balanced cables best. Have not tried NW-WM1Z yet. Have Lotoo Paw Gold Diana and Questyle QP1R too...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back