DAP: Sansa clip zip. clip+ or ???
Oct 24, 2011 at 1:59 PM Post #16 of 29
Quote:
I couldn't give you a definitive answer.. but I would hazard a guess: not long.

And the Zip is a great player.

Ok, I have bad news...at least for me they're bad. Some ******* stole my Phonak PFE112s, grabbed them out of my jacket on the coatrack. Ok, now I have a broken mp3-player and no in-ears, just great.
mad.gif

And I'll get a clip zip now, use it on default til rockbox is ready (given the popularity of the rockboxed clip+ it can't be that long I hope) and now will go on to find me a new in-ear. Seriously, what kind of ************ steals out of a dirty army-jacket?!! 

Oct 24, 2011 at 2:11 PM Post #17 of 29
Bad luck... I see you're in Germany - I would just go steal myself some decent Sennheiser or Phonaks to make up for the loss.

The Phonaks (I know they're Swiss) are dear in Scotland.

Oct 24, 2011 at 8:52 PM Post #19 of 29
Quote:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/New-Trent-iCruiser-IMP1000-Blackberry/dp/B003ZBZ64Q

Weight: 522 g  - I think not. 

As for the In-Ears: The Phonak are at 125€, the Sennheiser IE7 at 128€ - there's a lot of competition in that area. I have started looking for a replacement in the appropriate section.

well... this thread is done I think, there's no alternative to the sansa clip + battery-pack solution.  

Feb 1, 2012 at 10:57 AM Post #20 of 29
I am sure you've seen it by now, but there is an unstable Rockbox port for the Clip Zip. I have been using it on mine and find it completely fine, and a blessed relief from the cheesy, colorful backgrounds and ludicrously large and an un-adjustable fonts in the standard firmware.

I got my build here:

http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53702

Feb 1, 2012 at 5:24 PM Post #21 of 29
Have you looked into the Rocoo?  it seems to have what you're looking for, and a quick search through the forum shows around a 10+ hour battery life.  decent reviews otherwise as well.

Mar 4, 2012 at 5:47 PM Post #22 of 29
I was reading reviews on the Zip on amazon and more people than on the Clip+ are saying their Zip just stopped working soon after first use, with either the screen not working or the whole thing locking up. I wonder if firmware would fix these problems.

Mar 5, 2012 at 1:14 AM Post #23 of 29

Quote:
I was reading reviews on the Zip on amazon and more people than on the Clip+ are saying their Zip just stopped working soon after first use, with either the screen not working or the whole thing locking up. I wonder if firmware would fix these problems.

Sure it would. Rockbox is the answer.....I'll never use the Sansa firmware on mine again.

Mar 5, 2012 at 2:08 PM Post #26 of 29

Quote:
why? whats so great about rockbox? as i understand they make battery life shorter.....

Wrong. It might make the battery life shorter on a hard drive iPod, but it increases the battery life on the Sansa players.

Mar 5, 2012 at 9:10 PM Post #28 of 29

Quote:
Wrong. It might make the battery life shorter on a hard drive iPod, but it increases the battery life on the Sansa players.

really?? thats awesome, ill try it then... and wait they work on iPods too, say the classic? Nm ill go research now, rockbox has now piqued my interest...

Mar 5, 2012 at 10:21 PM Post #29 of 29

Quote:
One big thing is said battery-life: I want real (not manufacturer-********) ten hours...twelve would be better, more of course a bonus. Those good old things that run on an exchangeable akkumulator are apparently a victim of the same thing that made touchscreens popular...and that reminds me. No bloody Ipod.

Tactile buttons would be a big bonus. Touchscreens are not to my taste, there's only one thing worse: these asinine non-tactile buttons. Those disqualify any DAP that sports them.

Memory. 8GB and an SD-slot is fine, more would of course be a bonus.

I want something that plays Music. Nothing else. So no multifuntional touchscreen wannabe smartphone. I know the big cowons are good...but I simply don't need all the crap they sport and I seem not to be able to go about and use a touchscreen. I've tried it, and apparently I'm to old for these things. Hell, I'd be fine with a monochrome display! (that btw. means no video either.)

File Support: Flac would be nice, but is no necessity. Again: Music. No video, no pictures, no album art. 

Browsing by folder - would be a big plus for me.

Have you considered the HiSoundAudio Studio V?  It meets all your criteria:  85 hours rated battery life, tactile buttons, expandable memory, only plays music, supports .flac, and has browsing by folder.  I'm also in the market for a new player and have read quite a bit about the Studio V even though it's out of my price range at US$ 380 for the 4 GB on board memory version, but by many accounts it's an excellent sounding device.  Here's a link to a review thread from this forum:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/551442/hisoundaudio-studio-v-review

Edit: my memory failed me, so I've changed the rated battery life from 100 hours to 85.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back