DAP/PMP/DMP Brand Elimination Game
Sep 11, 2009 at 9:48 AM Post #481 of 553

AMP3 59 HEAL

Cowon 107 HURT

I think simplistic UI is what I preference. in fact signle-hand or inside the pocket operation is the best UI, for during listening music we have other works needed eyes and other hand to do. Every body know the simplify is the ultimate designing target in any modern industry products.

What AMP3 give up is the none audio function, and stress the core function of audios Such as design a hifi grade FM, a freebie hifi grade earphones, and a superb amp. Beaware, the protorble amp function is really benefit my daily audioing activities, I can hook AMP3 to PC audio(Video), to game player, to liquid TV to improve all those inferior sound source to be hi fi grade sound.

Hisoundaudio is really care about our daiyly usage, for example, the super long 100hours battery life per charge. compare to the gimmick social functioins, I would like to pick the long time battery, for no battery, you can do nothing.

Sep 11, 2009 at 11:24 AM Post #483 of 553
Quote:

Originally Posted by X-Dan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
AMP3 59 HEAL

cowon 107 HURT

For amp3 innovation :wink:

Hi, X -Dan;

You forget to give or minus the score to them. the correct score should be:

AMP3 60 HEAL

Cowon 106 HURT

Sep 12, 2009 at 12:14 PM Post #486 of 553
AMP3 9 HURT
Cowon 57 HEAL

Sep 12, 2009 at 12:17 PM Post #487 of 553
AMP3 61 HEAL

Cowon 105 HURT

I would like to recommend that all owners AMP3 of headfi'er an important function, and its FM is too good, and most recently, I was hooked on listening to music channels with the AMP3, sounds good, with a Handel's "Water music" than I am compressed with the CD's to be warm and vigorous 320kp a lot, but also a high degree of integration of the kind of music, beauty has always been reluctant to let me off this pair of PAA-1, which is very useful, FM perfect sound will allow us to listen to music on the savings to purchase a large number of money,So I add one point to the AMP3.

cowon Although there has been efforts in the DAP market, but it's nothing new models too, so I cut it a point.

Sep 12, 2009 at 2:38 PM Post #489 of 553
AMP3 61 healIn addition to playing music, what function do not--This is all I want

Cowon 105 hurtFunctional and big screen--I have cell phone, laptop... to do all this

Quote:

Originally Posted by funnyjackie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
AMP3 61 Hurt In addition to playing music, what function do not

Cowon 105 heal Functional and big screen

Sep 12, 2009 at 3:21 PM Post #490 of 553
why back to basic.... okay lets play this until a few years...
biggrin.gif

AMP3 62 heal love the internal amp
Cowon 104 hurt S9 too expensive

Sep 12, 2009 at 7:03 PM Post #491 of 553
AMP3 63 heal
The only one close to the SQ on the HI-FI sound system DAP, but only sell 150 U.S. dollars, and my speaker cable to a pair of AQ spent 560 U.S. dollars! ! !

Cowon 103 hurt
S9 is just a DAP only, and nothing more, although better than the Ipod and the sandisk such as some

Sep 12, 2009 at 7:16 PM Post #492 of 553
AMP3 64 Heal

Cowon 102 Hurt

From my previous post:

Quote:

AMP3 is the perfect pmp for the budget-conscious audiophile. Iit offers a Sony X walkman SQ level pmp ($300), a 100-euro priced amp mentioned somewhere in the AMP3 thread ($200), and Yuin quality earphones ($100), all for just $150.

It isn't cluttered with extra options that can already be achieved with my cellphone, psp, or pda (i.e. movie watching, voice recording), which makes it redundant and unnecessary while jacking up the price. It is made purely for music.

The SQ is unique in that a 192 kbs mp3 sounds just as good as a FLAC. Because all of my music library is stored in a FLAC format, I can just convert them to the lower quality mp3 (which takes up 1/10th the space) to store in my AMP3. As a result, a normally 12 gb pmp actually becomes a 120 gb pmp for me.

The UI has no problems as long as its not set in random play mode. Once I get past that, the UI is just as intuitive as Rockbox on the Ipod (only without the touch-sensitive scroll).

Cowon simply doesn't offer the best dollar value for a similarly budget-conscious audiophile - their products are made for a different audience.

edit: does anyone else want to divide both points by 5 to make this go faster? AMP3 13 points, Cowon 20 points if the next person heals AMP3/hurts Cowon

Sep 12, 2009 at 10:06 PM Post #493 of 553
Quote:

Originally Posted by httmon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
S9 is just a DAP only, and nothing more, although better than the Ipod and the sandisk such as some

S9 is a PMP, not just a DAP. Meaning, it isn't limited to music only and has other features like: video playback, FM radio, FM/Voice recording, text file viewer, etc. Check the Cowon website or ask around if you still think it's a DAP only device.

AMP3 63 Hurt
Cowon 103 Heal

or -50 points for each...

AMP3 13 Hurt
Cowon 53 Heal

We'll be at this for a long time to come seeing how it's basically DAP vs. PMP. Ultimately, I feel Cowon should win as the SQ isn't something to laugh about and it is a multi-function device like others out there. The majority still want more than a music-only device. AMP3 is great for the audiophile niche who could care less about other features and Cowon covers everything else inbetween.

Sep 13, 2009 at 1:36 AM Post #494 of 553
AMP3 12 Hurt
Cowon 54 Heal

Sep 13, 2009 at 2:07 AM Post #495 of 553
AMP3 63 heal Past ten years, has never been a DAP can use real music moves me, AMP3 is the only one exception.

Cowon 103 hurt Now even the latest ipod camera head will only get to fool us, hope COWON do not go this path.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back