DAP/PMP/DMP Brand Elimination Game
Sep 9, 2009 at 2:39 AM Post #466 of 553
@headfever, you could have picked a different user to quote from. That guy's post is really hard to understand and I have never heard of the "Marantz" CD player brand before. However my dad knows about the brand and from a quick look on their website, I doubt few things would compare to a $1000 amp from Marantz (expensive eh?). Not to mention their single CD player costs $350 (and up).

Sep 9, 2009 at 3:41 AM Post #468 of 553
AMP3 54 HEAL

Cowon 112 HURT

There is at least one thing Cowon can't to provide that AMP3 bundled with the hifi grade stock earphones ( freebie), Which a lot of owners said it is the YUIN PK1 grade phones. Some said the stocked phones worth $100.

Sep 9, 2009 at 7:09 AM Post #469 of 553
AMP3 55 HEAL

Cowon 111 HURT

I admire the AMP3 only focus on the core value of the perfect sound reproduction design conception. it is really need courage and strength in the commercial socialty.

Few company can insist on the music art direction. Sony and IPOD or rest DAPs could be better, but they are too commercial and can't insit on the musical road. for adding in the "social“ function is easy than to improve sound quality.

Cowon is one of capable audio company, their D2 have represented a time of musical DAP. But Cowon also can't insite on the music road. S 9 added too much non audio functions. you see, there is no athlete is the champion of race and gymnastices

I think hisoundaudio is reserved the respect that AMP3 insists on providing the purest music for serious music lovers.

To me, if there is no S9, there still has sony X 1000, has Creative X FI, Has microsoft HD. but, if there is no AMP3, my musical bliss will disappear.

Sep 9, 2009 at 4:35 PM Post #470 of 553
AMP3 56 HEAL

COWON 110 HURT

AMP3 is the perfect pmp for the budget-conscious audiophile. Iit offers a Sony X walkman SQ level pmp ($300), a 100-euro priced amp mentioned somewhere in the AMP3 thread ($200), and Yuin quality earphones ($100), all for just $150.

It isn't cluttered with extra options that can already be achieved with my cellphone, psp, or pda (i.e. movie watching, voice recording), which makes it redundant and unnecessary while jacking up the price. It is made purely for music.

The SQ is unique in that a 192 kbs mp3 sounds just as good as a FLAC. Because all of my music library is stored in a FLAC format, I can just convert them to the lower quality mp3 (which takes up 1/10th the space) to store in my AMP3. As a result, a normally 12 gb pmp actually becomes a 120 gb pmp for me.

The UI has no problems as long as its not set in random play mode. Once I get past that, the UI is just as intuitive as Rockbox on the Ipod (only without the touchscreen scroll).

Cowon simply doesn't offer the best dollar value for a similarly budget-conscious audiophile.

Sep 10, 2009 at 12:45 AM Post #471 of 553
AMP3 57HEAL
The built in earphone amp is qualified as one of the top portable amp in term of the sound quality. It almost change my lifestyle. With the amp function of AMP3, I can enjoy the high quality Video programes by hooking AMP3 to my notebook or can have a very exiting stereo sound effects during playing my game player. Even in trip I can bring with my lovely Senn HD600. It is perfectly synergy with my AMP3! I have never expect a DAP have so super power and superb sound quality. AMP3 changes my bias attitude on portable DAP. DAP could has it’s promising future I think.

Cowon 109 Hurt
To make the “hurt” decision is anguished. Cowon brand is worth to be respect. Cowon have made a great contribution to the DAP industry in MP3 history. It is because there is a Cowon, so that Sony, Ipod , Creative and other DAP makers dare not to be lazy. To me, before AMP3 launching, S9 is the best DAP in term of sound qaulity. The Heal/ Hurt competition is ruthless. I want to entreat the starter of the thread to emend the rule not to offer or go off with the scores. Don’t hurt both of the two last brands. Both of them creat it’s portable DAP gear history.

Yes, there will have no prize awarded no matter which one are the champion in term of scores.

Thank the starter of the thread. I think the purpose of the thread is to let the headfier to express their like or dislike comments on some brands with the form of score. The meaning of the thread is to let the viewers have more informations on the brands they familiar or unfamiliar. So all the comments should be unbias and honest wich must based on the truth than not the personal subjective judgement. So to heal or hurt one time, you must responsibility for your authority. For it is not a game, we need to be responsible for the time of the viewers.

Sep 10, 2009 at 1:46 AM Post #472 of 553
I have a feeling we'll be at this for a while and truthfully, I don't think either can be considered a clear winner. AMP3 is concentrated on SQ while Cowon products try to offer well featured DAPs/PMPs with good SQ.

With that said, I feel we should just tie it off and say both are winners in their own way. If you're all about SQ, go with the AMP3. If you want a well featured DAP or PMP without sacrificing on SQ, go with a Cowon product (or another brand like Sony).

AMP3 56 HURT
Cowon 110 HEAL

I've already said it many times. Cowon = features + selection + good SQ + good support @ a affordable price. Some of us like more than just music and SQ. AMP3 just doesn't float my boat enough with music only.

Sep 10, 2009 at 2:09 AM Post #473 of 553
I agree with declaring them both winners. This will be endless if not so..
AMP3 57 HEAL
Cowon 109 HURT

amp3 and cowon are completely different.. not good to compare, but if I had to choose, i would go with the nicely priced godly sound

Sep 10, 2009 at 2:17 AM Post #474 of 553
Please carefully search for DAP market that truly HI-FI levels of SQ, and get you recognized, currently only AMP3, in order to enjoy the real music I had to cast a vote for it.

AMP3 58 heal

cowon 108 hurt

Although its function is complete, but these concepts sony, samsung, sandisk they are not? They all are!

Sep 10, 2009 at 2:36 AM Post #476 of 553
Quote:

Originally Posted by Acreo Aeneas /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have a feeling we'll be at this for a while and truthfully, I don't think either can be considered a clear winner. AMP3 is concentrated on SQ while Cowon products try to offer well featured DAPs/PMPs with good SQ.

With that said, I feel we should just tie it off and say both are winners in their own way. If you're all about SQ, go with the AMP3. If you want a well featured DAP or PMP without sacrificing on SQ, go with a Cowon product (or another brand like Sony).

I've already said it many times. Cowon = features + selection + good SQ + good support @ a affordable price. Some of us like more than just music and SQ. AMP3 just doesn't float my boat enough with music only.

I do agree with you.

From the voting, or competition, I think both Hisoundaudio and Cown will see what the customers like or dislike. finally benefit the customers.

Maybe, Hisoundaudio should launch a player with a touch screen and any other social functions, it is too easy for them to do comparing to the sound quality improvement. Cowon also could design a pure music player.

Sep 10, 2009 at 4:41 AM Post #477 of 553
Quote:

Originally Posted by Acreo Aeneas /img/forum/go_quote.gif

AMP3 56 HURT
Cowon 110 HEAL

Acreo Aeneas 11 Heal
Elimination Game 9 Hurt

Sep 10, 2009 at 11:48 PM Post #478 of 553
AMP3 59 heal

cowon 107 hurt

It's Sep. now, the DAP maket is beginning to warm up. There are several big brands rush to announce the new models to cater the new shoping season. Microsoft launched the ZUNE HD, and Creative declaired the X FI, Ipond claimed 3 "New" models. I have read throug all the news and comments. I feel there is nothing "new", There are not so many positive reports on how ZUNE is HD ( High Definition) Maybe it is only stay on it's name, Creative X-Fi seems tells nothing to prove it's "Fi", So if the new creative DAP Is hifi or not is still a "X". IPOD make a joke to the market, Touch change the memory,and Nano adds in a camera, are they "New?" or new with the gimmicks?

I can predict all above "New DAPs" news will fade soon. Musical lovers have been dispointed at such a crapy gimmicks for many years.

The market still love SONY X, Cowon S9 and AMP3.

Sony and Cowon should learn the lessons, the customers are not easy to be fooled by any gimmicks, eventhough you can fool their eyes with any gimmicks, but final decision are by their ears.

AMP3 is definitely going on the correct route which only focus on the pure music presentation. it's amp fuction to me is worth 10 crap cameras and videos. yes, memory thing is hard disk work, camera thing is Digital camera's work. Video is at least the PC's work.

To DAP , I only ask the pure music porformance.

Sep 11, 2009 at 7:36 AM Post #479 of 553
AMP3 58 Hurt Simplistic UI (at least a con for me if its gonna be my goto player) and users have said UI is still buggy.

Cowon 108 Heal Great overall package and value(ie sound, UI, features, lots of firmware updates, product range....all in an affordable price).

I am sure the AMP3 sounds great and, while it lacks in features, it also doubles as a portable amp for other DAPs. It's just if you have the money to afford multiple DAPs then you have the money to afford a better portable amp. Once the whole built-in-amp-for-other-DAPs thing is taken out of the equation, it just lacks.

Sep 11, 2009 at 8:46 AM Post #480 of 553
AMP3 58 HURT

cowon 108 HEAL

I think we better go with

AMP3 - 18
COWON -36

or both with 10 again....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back