DAP or portable DAC/amp…
Dec 31, 2022 at 3:58 AM Post #16 of 18
Portable DAC/AMP - IFI Go Blu. I use this with Bluetooth while I’m on the go. Frees up the phone. Having a dongle connected to the phone with a cable is just inconvenient.
For a portable DAP, also take a look at the iBasso DX170. Although having a phone and a big ass DAP in the pocket is at least for me too much !
Mind you, all these “portable” chi-fi DAPs are still quite huge and heavy compared to phones.

If you want a really portable DAP, there is only one option at the moment the Sony NW series - the ZX507 and A105.

Dec 31, 2022 at 4:38 AM Post #17 of 18
Portable DAC/AMP - IFI Go Blu. I use this with Bluetooth while I’m on the go. Frees up the phone. Having a dongle connected to the phone with a cable is just inconvenient.
For a portable DAP, also take a look at the iBasso DX170. Although having a phone and a big ass DAP in the pocket is at least for me too much !
Mind you, all these “portable” chi-fi DAPs are still quite huge and heavy compared to phones.

If you want a really portable DAP, there is only one option at the moment the Sony NW series - the ZX507 and A105.
For a portable DAC/amp, I got the btr5 that I’m testing against the Qudelix 5k, which I’m probably not keeping because the app is too much for me and the buttons get triggered accidentally all the time… but sound-wise, I don’t find it really satisfying.

Sony is a great idea, for some reason I did not have them on my radar for a DAP, but they look great and the featureset is promising!

Dec 31, 2022 at 7:31 AM Post #18 of 18
For a portable DAC/amp, I got the btr5 that I’m testing against the Qudelix 5k, which I’m probably not keeping because the app is too much for me and the buttons get triggered accidentally all the time… but sound-wise, I don’t find it really satisfying.

Sony is a great idea, for some reason I did not have them on my radar for a DAP, but they look great and the featureset is promising!
I have a BTR5 too as well as few others. IFI DACs have a much more musical signature and are fun, especially when used with their Analog Xbass/XSpace. I never needed to EQ anything with their DACs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back