DAP or CAN: Which should I get first?
Jul 22, 2010 at 12:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Bassboost

New Head-Fier
I'm currently using my Sony Ericsson Walkman phone as my player. I'm just wondering which one should I get first, a good On-Ear that I can use along with my phone. Or should I upgrade my source and get an iPod/Sansa DAP?

Thanks!

Jul 24, 2010 at 8:29 AM Post #4 of 5
Uhm... It's kind of like asking "should I get a car or a boat". They're both useful things, but they have nothing in common really.
You should probably instead just ask yourself. Are you happy with your phone? Are you happy with your current cans?

If not, buy the thing you're not happy about :)

Jul 24, 2010 at 8:36 AM Post #5 of 5
depending on what your budget is and what you are using already. Cans would be the more likely option for me if the budget ain't high. Personal opinion. Why? Because I think the higher you move up with cans, the more detail is apparent, but diminishing returns kicks in then it is all about sound signature preference.

The Sony's tend to be focused on sound as is already, I don't know the quality of the hp out, but I don't see it being all that bad. A source can add influence to a song re: warmth or lack of detail, etc. But I think the change and benefit is bigger from a better headphone if your budget is up to 100 - 150USD I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back